Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• 2022 Season 3 Signups are now open !

Hi Guest, Signups for Season 3 are currently open to all members!
    Please visit the new series forums for all the details or click here to sign up.

Please note that our GT3 Sprint Series is already full!

IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT THIS SERIES

jeromef1

League Owner
Staff member
LMP2/GT3 IMSA Series 2022/S2
Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
Hey guys!

We have announced last weekdn to Amateur driver that we will be merging both Amateur and Elite drivers into the same broadcasted session due to lack of signups. Here are a few very important points that you must be aware of.
  • Do amateur drivers have to yield to elite? No, you are all in the same race. There is a lot of real series working like that. As an example, Porsche Cup Canada, there are 3 different divisions within the same race. They are all racing each other. They must respect blue flag though ;)
  • How do I tell which car is Elite vs Amateur? No need to know for the race as you are all racing the same race. But if you really want to know, under league section, we will add [PRO] or [AM] beside the name of the drivers to differenciate that on the broadcast. You will also see it in your black box. Also, later in the season, we will force a rear wing decal on the broadcast to show who is Amateur VS Pro. We will provide you the color code when ready and we recommend all drivers to apply this to their paint. We will also provide a Zip file with the decals we will send to GSRC if you want to play around it, but PRL management can't assist you in applying decal.
  • Can teams have an elite and amateur driver? No, and it's easy to manage since we manage both Amateur and Elite under different forum. This is indicated also in the team selection thread.
A reminder regarding race results. Into the results sheet, our spreadsheet master, Tyler Gore, will do 3 different drivers championship. One for Elite, one for Amateur and a global championship.

If you have any question, don't hesitate to reply in this thread!

Luis Zambelli

Name
Luis Zambelli
iRacing ID
Hi guys,
Just a suggestion to put in place a simple system to differentiate AM and PRO: adding the number 1 in front of the number of PRO cars and 2 in front of the number of AM drivers.
For example, my choice number is 72. As I am in the PRO division, my number would change to 172.
It's an easy to know in what class is the driver, for the drivers on the track and also for the commentators.

jeromef1

League Owner
Staff member
Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
Luis Zambelli said:
Hi guys,
Just a suggestion to put in place a simple system to differentiate AM and PRO: adding the number 1 in front of the number of PRO cars and 2 in front of the number of AM drivers.
For example, my choice number is 72. As I am in the PRO division, my number would change to 172.
It's an easy to know in what class is the driver, for the drivers on the track and also for the commentators.

Yes could be possible, but what are we doing with users who selected car number in the 3 digits 😜

Luis Zambelli

Name
Luis Zambelli
iRacing ID
jeromef1 said:
Luis Zambelli said:
Hi guys,

Yes could be possible, but what are we doing with users who selected car number in the 3 digits 😜
You have only 7 drivers that did that. Ask then to choose a 2 digits number.

jeromef1

League Owner
Staff member
Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
Luis Zambelli said:
jeromef1 said:
Luis Zambelli said:
Hi guys,

You have only 7 drivers that did that. Ask then to choose a 2 digits number.

You would be surprise to know how important car number is to some people hahaha

CajunGrit

Manager
Staff member
MX-5 Cup Series 2022/S2
Ferrari Challenge Fixed 2022/S2
Name
David Hebert
iRacing ID
I agree with Jeromé. As petty as it might seem, I’m racing the number 16 and not 216. Can the nicknaming feature we used the past couple seasons be used to ad an “AM” or “PRO” before driver names in session?

Luis Zambelli

Name
Luis Zambelli
iRacing ID
CajunGrit said:
I agree with Jeromé. As petty as it might seem, I’m racing the number 16 and not 216.  Can the nicknaming feature we used the past couple seasons be used to ad an “AM” or “PRO” before driver names in session?

During the race, with 2xx or 1xx, a driver will be able to know (using F3) if the driver behind him is in the same class or not. It can avoid unnecessary battles    

TRG

Director
Staff member
Formula 3 Series 2022/S2
Name
Tyler Gore
iRacing ID
Yes and no. Keep in mind the only time an Amateur driver has to yield to a Pro driver is in a blue flag situation. We are here to race, so avoiding such battles may not always happen.

jeromef1

League Owner
Staff member
Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
Luis Zambelli said:
CajunGrit said:
I agree with Jeromé. As petty as it might seem, I’m racing the number 16 and not 216.  Can the nicknaming feature we used the past couple seasons be used to ad an “AM” or “PRO” before driver names in session?

During the race, with 2xx or 1xx, a driver will be able to know (using F3) if the driver behind him is in the same class or not. It can avoid unnecessary battles    

In the blackbox, you should also see [AM] or [Pro]

crich88848

Premium Member
Formula 3 Series 2022/S2
Name
Christopher Richards
iRacing ID
Yea Im one who the number matters to also. 49 is how old my mom was when she passed away, this is only number I've ever raced under.