Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• 2022 Season 3 Signups are now open !

Hi Guest, Signups for Season 3 are currently open to all members!
    Please visit the new series forums for all the details or click here to sign up.

Please note that our GT3 Sprint Series is already full!

Guide to Tuesday iRacing League

DEADZERO

Premium Member
Name
So I'm hoping to join this series next season if I can get a new schedule at my work.
Just curious, do you guys run the same cars/tracks every season or does the Tuesday series change?
Also, can you guys give me opinions of the cars? I'd like to know which car matches my driving style. I like the style of all 3 cars but more so the Porsche. In other racing games, I always preferred the Porsche because I have a heavy foot and that car doesnt kick out as much, probably because of the engine being right in top of the rear wheels.

I'd like to join you guys but I also want to save money where I can. Help me and anyone else interested in joining this league.

Sassy_McSassypants

Name
Pete Mobroten
iRacing ID
I strongly recommend not running the Porsche if rear end stability is your primary concern. Ferrari is generally the safest of the three options. Download all three of them and try them yourself during the next maintenance window when the test server is up (https://testdrive.iracing.com/).

DEADZERO

Premium Member
Name
On the iracing website, beside race now it says test, is that only available during the maintenance window?

Gunner

Organizer
Formula 3 Series 2022/S2
Name
Matthew Gunderson
iRacing ID
DEADZERO said:
On the iracing website, beside race now it says test, is that only available during the maintenance window?

The test now function is available at any time. You can however only drive cars that are free, or that you own. 

The "test drive" feature he is referring to is that if you have a car downloaded (click the check for updates, and then just download all the cars you are interested in) you can test it during maintenance. Follow his provided link to know when the site will go down for maintenance.  During that time, you can drive any car on any track, providing you have them downloaded. It's a great way to try a car without shelling out the cash for it. 

DEADZERO

Premium Member
Name
I tried the RSR and the Ferrari and found the Porsche is much more stable than the Ferrari. I actually pulled off much more consistent laps on Monza with the Porsche and either spun out or slower laps with the Ferrari. Wasnt able to beat my Porsche time with the Ferrari.