Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

Gentleman Racing and rules *Please read*

DeamingPie

Premium Member
GT3 Fixed Series 2022/S3
GT3 Fixed Series 2022/S4
Name
Erik Luke
iRacing ID
First and foremost, a big thank you to PRL for entrusting Mark, Dave and myself with running the new Monday night league.  Historically Monday's have been a low turn out, as some people find the football more important during the winter months.  As of this writing, there are currently 19 members signed up, and I would also like to extend my thanks to those people who are putting faith in the three of us to deliver a fun, competitive experience.
I would like to take this time reinforce some of the league rules that have been a pet peeve of mine over the course of my stay here at PRL.  
Outside of information, there is zero speaking in the iRacing server.  Information chatter includes pass (left/right), pitting, crash at turn X, etc.  Under no circumstances will "call outs" be allowed.  This includes things like "What the *%^* are you doing?", "are you stupid?" etc.  Please remember, you will have all three organizers in the race as well as other members of PRL management.  I am severely allergic to BS, and I simply will not tolerate any overly aggressive behavior.  If you break this rule you will force me to kick you from the server, which means I have to stop racing to do it, which will not be good.  The discord channel we use during race is a different animal however, the call out rules still apply there.  Do not, under any circumstance, go stupid in a no stupid zone.  In short, if you are a hot head and can't control your mouth, this isn't going to be the league for you.   This leads into gentleman racing.

To put it bluntly, we are all a bunch of wanna be racers.  With that being said, even the most seasoned professional drivers make mistakes.  This league, by design, is intended to be a fun league.  There is no broadcast, there is no million dollar prize, there are no hookers and blow waiting for the winner.  Competitive but fun is the goal here.  If you make a mistake and bump a fellow competitor off tack, give the spot back.  No one wins the race on the first lap, ever.  Slot in, get the tires to temp, then battle away.  Treat your competitor how you want to be treated.  No one is perfect, please keep that in mind.  While there is a protest system in place, our goal is to never have a need to use it.  Aggressive door to door racing is good, over aggressive racing gets my attention, and that is attention no one wants.   

While I am not gods gift to racing, I have been known to put in decent laps from time to time.  If you find yourself in need of help finding pace, please do not hesitate to reach out to me.  I will be more than happy to set up a session and offer coaching.  The Caddy is a handful to drive with the fixed setting, so if I can help please let me know.  I want everyone to have a fun racing experience here and if there is anything I can do to help you with that I will do everything I can to make it happen.  

Should you have any questions please let me know.  I look forward to the new season and racing with all of you.

Thank you,
Erik  

DeamingPie

Premium Member
GT3 Fixed Series 2022/S3
GT3 Fixed Series 2022/S4
Name
Erik Luke
iRacing ID
Jay Steffey said:
Wait, no hookers??  Why wasn’t this information presented during the sign up process?  Lame. 

Oh well, still excited to race with you guys! 😜

Happy to have you Jay!

I tried to get management to spring for the costs but they refused.  Something about budget and legality.  I honestly stopped listening after they said no and started thinking about steak.

Jay Steffey

Name
DeamingPie said:
Jay Steffey said:
Wait, no hookers??  Why wasn’t this information presented during the sign up process?  Lame. 

Oh well, still excited to race with you guys! 😜

Happy to have you Jeff!

I tried to get management to spring for the costs but they refused.  Something about budget and legality.  I honestly stopped listening after they said no and started thinking about steak.

Names Jay, but I respond to almost anything. No steaks is what caught my attention too, but then I Hearn no coke or hookers and I was depressed 

DeamingPie

Premium Member
GT3 Fixed Series 2022/S3
GT3 Fixed Series 2022/S4
Name
Erik Luke
iRacing ID
SuperHawk said:
I was going to join, but now that I see that Erik can't read and there are no hookers, not sure I can do it.  ;)

i can red just fin, its speling i hav a problm wit

DeamingPie

Premium Member
GT3 Fixed Series 2022/S3
GT3 Fixed Series 2022/S4
Name
Erik Luke
iRacing ID
SuperHawk said:
I was going to join, but now that I see that Erik can't read and there are no hookers, not sure I can do it.  ;)

You're also an uber try hard and you smell funny.  Plus you live in Ohio and that's just...wrong.    

I think the real reason you will join is you can't stand it when Jefferson and I have alone time together.  Jealousy is not a good look for you sir... :mrgreen:  

Mark Phile

Premium Member
GT3 Fixed Series 2022/S3
GT3 Fixed Series 2022/S4
Name
Mark Phile
iRacing ID
JaredJewell said:
I can stream the races if you would like. But it wouldn’t have commentary. Or I could record the race and chop highlights together each week.

That would be awesome!!!

DeamingPie

Premium Member
GT3 Fixed Series 2022/S3
GT3 Fixed Series 2022/S4
Name
Erik Luke
iRacing ID
JaredJewell said:
I can stream the races if you would like. But it wouldn’t have commentary. Or I could record the race and chop highlights together each week.

Finally, someone in Michigan to balance out those Ohio communists...

SuperHawk

Premium Member
Formula 3 Series 2022/S3
Name
Michael Overbay
iRacing ID
DeamingPie said:
JaredJewell said:

Crap, another reason I can't join.....We don't give a d*** about the whole state of Michigan! LOL Go Bucks!

DeamingPie

Premium Member
GT3 Fixed Series 2022/S3
GT3 Fixed Series 2022/S4
Name
Erik Luke
iRacing ID
SuperHawk said:
DeamingPie said:
JaredJewell said:

Crap, another reason I can't join.....We don't give a d*** about the whole state of Michigan! LOL Go Bucks!

One is named after a nut, the other a fierce fighting animal.  You decide  :mrgreen:

TheGreatC81

Premium Member
Formula 4 Series 2022/S3
Formula 4 Series 2022/S4
Name
David Cristelli
iRacing ID
Just to back up what Erik said...
Of course we expect people to race hard and with that mistakes will be made. We just want people to be smart about the risks they take. Going for a risky pass in the final few laps to try for a podium is expected. We're here to compete after all. However, going full send on lap 3 in an attempt to move up to 22nd is...less intelligent, and something we'd like to avoid. Weigh the risks vs. the rewards. Be patient when possible, and aggressive when necessary. But above all, think about what you are about to do and how you'd feel about it if roles were reversed.

We'd like to build a tight community with this series and that will only happen if we respect each other. If you make a mistake and take someone out, own it. If they are not dead or disabled, maybe hold up and give the position back. If you can't take the position clean, IMO, you didn't earn it. This is not a rule, more like etiquette. I've raced in leagues that went by it, and I found that drivers considered their moves more. They knew that bumping the other guy offtrack could mean you both lose a couple spots. It also goes a long way to un-boil someone's blood. Just something to think about.

pipofayolle

Name
Good afternoon, nights, however, I would like to know what the pass is like, to enter today's race, since it is a pleasure to share this championship with you.
Greetings from Argentina

SharkV

Manager
Staff member
Formula 4 Series 2022/S4
Name
Dany Duchesne
iRacing ID
pipofayolle said:
Good afternoon, nights, however, I would like to know what the pass is like, to enter today's race, since it is a pleasure to share this championship with you.
Greetings from Argentina

There is no password.  You should have a league invite for the caddy's series in iRacing