Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

General Chat

DEADZERO

Premium Member
This forum is for you to ask about random things or discuss something that doesn't apply to other sub forums.

I think we should consider having a formation lap this season. This could clear up connection issues at the start of the race. Incase someone drops once we all load in, we can clarify it in the formation lap rather than the first lap of a race. It also gives us a chance to see how well our connection is to the cars around us. This could help the organizer deal with connection issues early instead of having to make a decision while he's racing in the first lap.

Also it would be kinda fun to have the "calm before the storm" moment with a formation lap.

piboye

I wasn't a huge fan of having it on f1 2016. It just added more time. But DeadZero does bring up a good point of having more time to deal with situations that crop up at the beginning of a race.

Tron4949

Premium Member
I think we should have it, I used to find it especially helpful during wet races but even dry, gives people a change to do a test start and T1 if they want

Darklol

Director
Staff member
Full Name
Marco Oliveira
iRacing ID
Not a fan either since it takes more time and we already wait for the race strategies.

Also for the connection drops, it rarely happens and the time we are doing the strategies but drops can happen at any time during the race too.

I don't mind having it but I just hope it won't create more problems, like people crashing or getting penalties or stuff like that. We can see how it goes during the pre-season race.

Also since this is general chat and we already have some discussion about internet connection in the Abu Dhabi race thread from previous season here some best practice if you have a low speed internet connection:
[ol]
[li]Never play on WiFi. There's nothing more unstable than that. Make sure you are wired even if you have to run a cable through the room just for 2-3 hours. Please do.[/li]
[li]Please close all other softwares that can be using your network. Even if you are on a good connection, you should close all torrents, or other downloads....[/li]
[li]Let others in your house know that you are racing on Wednesday and if they can avoid any Netflix or youtube etc.. it would only help those with poor connections.[/li]
[li]If you have a low end PC and you are having FPS issues already try reducing the graphics since recording will slow down even more your pc.[/li]
[/ol]

jeromef1

Director
Staff member
Full Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
For all drivers with a G27, can you share your Logitech Profiler settings so I can compare to mine. Here is what I'm using:

2018-03-14 19_19_39-Global Device Settings.png

Bobino12

Premium Member
That's the settings I was using when I had the G27. The degrees of rotation should be exactly 360 degrees to fit with the game's onscreen wheel.

Now with the G29, the software has changed and the Force feedback settings are managed by the game itself. I also set the centering spring at 10% with g29.

DEADZERO

Premium Member
I'd like to notify everyone that F1 2017 is $27 CAD on G2A. Maybe we can recruit a few new drivers by telling your friends.

Darklol

Director
Staff member
Full Name
Marco Oliveira
iRacing ID
Patch 1.13 coming for F1 2017... I can't believe they are releasing a patch.

- Fixed bug where the AI pits every lap after multiple weather transitions
- Fixed bug where players will spawn on top of each other on the grid if posting the same time in an online qualifying session
- Reduced chance of collision occurring when cars intersect due to network latency

http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/132381/patch-1-13-discussion-thread#latest

Last point there might fix some lag issues between some drivers.

piboye

patlessard said:
https://www.gptoday.com/full_story/view/632828/Stroll_to_replace_Bottas_at_Mercedes_starting_in_Bahrain/

April Fools!  He should replace Lewis Hamilton instead, who is going to be racing MotoGP during Bahrain.

Sucuri

patlessard said:
https://www.gptoday.com/full_story/view/632828/Stroll_to_replace_Bottas_at_Mercedes_starting_in_Bahrain/

"Please he drives our beautiful Mercedes like a tractor"  :lol:

DEADZERO

Premium Member
I be looking for someone to sail me ship with. I just got Sea of Thieves and I'm looking for others to pillage with. I'm asking on here since I already race with you guys and looking to develop more friendships on here. What'ta ya say?

Zephyr

i have the game but ive been very busy with school lately. dont know if i will be able to play much in the coming week or so

LAcadien

Premium Member
Just upgraded my speed to 1gbs up and down. Downloading a +100mb i love it! My upload is 1gbs too.. getting the speed with my speed test from my modem but for some reason, i dont get it full with speedtest. But i can cleary see it make a big difference compare to what i had before :)