Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

Frustrated?

bige3dalejr88

Premium Member
Hello everyone, hope everyone has time to sit back and enjoy the break this weekend. I think it couldn't have came at a better time. I know that there are quite a few of you guys that are, and have been frustrated with the way the oval series is going right now. And honestly, I've been there myself this season. That's why I'm making this post. 
If you want to vent about the way this is going, or just need to talk about something, please contact me. We don't have to talk strictly about iRacing, it could be as stupid as "I farted at work, and everyone ran away" :lol: Or keep an eye out for me on teamspeak. I'm always on multiple times throughout the day. And will be on most of the day tomorrow. I've been hearing that many drivers are missing that cohesion that this series once had. That participants in this series would get together several times a week and play other games, race, and just hang out. What made that stop happening?
On another note, I know that I haven't been around the Sunday Oval series like many of you guys, like Sammy had been. I know that a lot of you guys liked him as a manager, driver, competitor, and just that friendly voice on the other side of the speaker. It also hurts that I haven't been as vocal as Sammy as a leader. And I'm sorry for letting you guys down. I will be working on trying to change that, and hope to gain your guys' respect and trust in the process. Let me know what I can do, or try to do to make that happen. I know that I might come off as a prick, but I'm not. Give me a chance guys. :)
I know that we are all busy with our daily lives, and might not have much time to devote to reading/checking forum posts all day. So I'm going to put all of my contact info, following this. Email, cell, and home phone. Yes, they still make home phones, some even come with cords that attach to a box that usually sits on a desk. lol.
E-mail: chris_perez@rocketmail.com           Cell: 785-430-3478           Home: 785-246-6717

Again, enjoy the break guys. It's been a rough season for all of us. And I know that you've probably heard it before, but just stick in there. See you all hopefully at Road America!
Chris Perez

Jeffery Ford

Premium Member
Your doing a great job Chris. I do have some good ideas to talk about that work well in other leagues I'm in. I think guys who are getting frustrated are just having a string of bad luck. We all go through a few races like that. With that said.....

If your string of races continues for a long time you might want to take a look at how you approach a race. I think a lot of guys here are fast. But they clearly lack the racecraft or proper patience and attitude to take advantage of that talent. Unfortunately we have a lot of those guys that fall into that category which leads to a field of drivers that thinks they are faster than the car in front of them. Here's a tip, if your faster you will get by them. You have ALL RACE to do it.

So when wrecks happen because of this they get frustrated. Look, you don't need to be the fastest guy to get good finishes. If you show patience, a little bit of strategic intelligence, you can finish well all the time. I know this because that's the only way I can compete. I'll never have the talent and speed that most here have. I'm probably bottom third in speed. But I'll always finish in the top 5-8 drivers overall because I use the other 2 things I mentioned. Imagine if the guys who are actually fast used patience and intelligence! I'd be last every week! The other part is racecraft. You get that by racing in close with others and trying to get around safely. Take your time guys. You will get around that guy in front of you.

There are 2 guys in this league who could finish top 3 every week if they had patience. I'm waiting fir them to "surprise" the league. But I won't be surprised. Heck I'll put one of the names out there.

Dale Robertson. He's going to win a lot of races when he figures it out.

bonaduce

Premium Member
Full Name
Daniel Barnett
iRacing ID
Maybe you need to sweeten the deal, "beer, pizza, and cuddling" that should help you out

soupflakes

Premium Member
Oh HECK no, the bud light was for a neighbor. That was my fee to rent his tractor for the weekend...

I prefer craft beer, first and foremost a good stout. Love me a good chocolate coffee oatmeal peanut butter stout....

bonaduce

Premium Member
Full Name
Daniel Barnett
iRacing ID
Montreal, many a lost weekend there for me in my college days, between the "gentlemans clubs" and trying to out drink our canadian friends at Piels Pub (by the way we never won, but a good time was had by all).

soupflakes

Premium Member
Ok All! Let's hang out! I want to find 3 people who have ps4 and GTA that want to do the heists from beginning to end. Anyone?!?!?! I know you all want to hang out with me so let's not all start shoving!!

soupflakes

Premium Member
Ok All!  Let's hang out!  I want to find 3 people who have ps4 and GTA that want to do the heists from beginning to end. Anyone?!?!?!  I know you all want to hang out with me so let's not all start shoving!!

soupflakes

Premium Member
Okay. Austin me and Chris I'll have GTA V for computer now. If anyone is interested in being our 4th, we want to hang out every now and then and be all of the heists with the same 4 people.