Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• 2022 Season 3 Signups are now open !

Hi Guest, Signups for Season 3 are currently open to all members!
    Please visit the new series forums for all the details or click here to sign up.

Please note that our GT3 Sprint Series is already full!

Formula 3 Amateur Series 2021/S4 - Series Information & Rules

TRG

Director
Staff member
Formula 3 Series 2022/S2
Name
Tyler Gore
iRacing ID
INTRODUCTION

Welcome to the PRL Formula 3 Series 2021/S4 that will feature the Dallara Formula 3.

This series is broadcasted by the Global Sim Racing Channel!

GSRC.png

Website | Youtube | Facebook | Twitter

Series Organizers: Gunner & mclachlanol

INFORMATION & FAQ

When does the season start and end? 2021/S4 will start on September 23rd and end on December 2nd.

How many races in the season? There will be 10 races in the season.

When Can I signup? Now! But the signups will be closing on September 16th.

Is there any drop week? Each driver gets 1 drop week. There are no drop weeks for Team Championships but drivers' drop week are taken into account in the team standings. The Season Finale race will not be allowed to count as a drop week, only Races 1-9.

What day/time do races start? Races are on Thursday. The session starts at 5:30pm with qualifying at 8:25pm (EDT)

How many seats are available? Number of seats will be announced on September 16th. We encourage you to signup, and you'll be refunded if you don't have a seat by the season start.

Is this championship broadcast? Yes!!! More details in the broadcast links thread.

Is there any fees to signup? To help cover the cost of broadcasting, the fee will be $20 for the season (25% discount for Premium members using coupon code: PREMIUM). Once you've paid, you will be automatically added to the series registered drivers list. If you miss any races or drop out mid season, you will not be refunded any of the sign up fee you paid.

How can I register/pay? To register, you must first read this entire thread. After, you need to click on your username at the top right in the forum header and then click on Account Upgrades. You will find all the series you can sign up to, after completing the transaction you will be automatically added to that series registered drivers list.

How can I make sure I'll have a seat? Below is the seat priority for this series. It is your own responsability to follow on a daily/weekly basis the registered driver list. If you are a non-Premium member, you may be showing down the list quite fast! We strongly suggest all drivers to get a premium membership to secure their place.
  • Management staff
  • Series Organisers
  • Premium Member
  • New Driver
How can I subscribe to a Premium membership? Click here for more information about the Premium Membership!

Do I need to have a specific license, iRating or Safety Rating? For this Amateur series, it is required to have a minimum of D 2.0 licence and a minimum of 1000 iRating and a maximum 2500 iRating. This can be reviewed by organisers and managers at any time.

Can I register as part of a team? Of course! But each driver of the team must create an account on the PRL forum and register for the series.

Can I use the paint I want? Yes, but you must respect the Racing Rules #15. Also, to support our sponsors, we may force a decal to the rear wing of your car on the broadcast.

Can I join as a reserve or later in the season? No, we are not managing Reserve/Waiting list. We are not allowing new driver to join the series after season starts.

What is the structure of a race day?
  • Race Day: Thursday​
  • Practice: 6:00pm EDT (150 minutes)
  • Drivers Meeting: 8:20pm EDT / 12:20am GMT (5-10 minutes)
  • Qualifying: 8:30pm EDT (30 minutes, open)
  • Race: 9:00pm EDT (45 minutes)
Is it open or fixed setup? 2021/S4 is open setup.

How do I join the races? When the signups will be closed (a week prior season start), you will receive an invite on iRacing to join the private league of your series. Once you have accepted the league invite, all races will be listed under "League sessions" on iRacing.

What is the points system? The full scoring system is available in the Rules document.

What is the schedule? We are following official iRacing Skip Barber Race Series schedule. Can be reviewed by management.

What happens if iRacing adjusts the BoP during the season? If the BoP is adjusted by iRacing during the season, we will allow drivers to change their car (1-time only) only if BoP happens before Round 5. Drivers will have one week (approx.) to make their change and cannot revert back.

RULES & SETTINGS

All Official PRL Championship’s shall adhere to the site wide PRL Rules & iRacing Sporting Code. All rules mentioned below supersede PRL & iRacing Sporting Code rules.

It is mandatory to read the rules document. If you are not following rules, you may receive penalties or be excluded from the series.

CLICK HERE TO SEE THE RULES DOCUMENT

REGISTERED DRIVERS

If you want to see the list of registered drivers, click here.

jeromef1

League Owner
Staff member
LMP2/GT3 IMSA Series 2022/S2
Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
@F3 Amateur Series 2021/S3

Signups are now open for returning drivers for 2021/S4.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION
For 2021/S4, the amateur division of the Thursday Open Wheeler will be running the Dallara Formula 3! We have also review the minimum and maximum iRating!

Last edited by a moderator:

TRG

Director
Staff member
Formula 3 Series 2022/S2
Name
Tyler Gore
iRacing ID
@F3 Amateur Series 2021/S3
@Formula Renault 3.5 Pro Series 2021/S3
jeromef1 Darklol

Gentlemen,

As some of you may have seen already, and some may not - we have made a strategic decision to move away from the Skip Barber and continue with the F3 in the Thursday Amateur series. This decision is based on past attendance as well as the quality of racing that this car tends to bring due to its popularity. I urge you to all sign up again for 2021/S4, as it is shaping up to be another great one.

The Pro series will also be running the F3 in 2021/S4. Please keep in mind that we reserve the right to move drivers around between the two series based on where signups and driver speed deem it necessary. The idea will be to place drivers where they will be most competitive at management's discretion. This may happen in the first few rounds based on results as all we have to go on is iRating, which we do realize is not always the most representative metric on driver skill and speed.

If any of the drivers who have already registered wish to withdraw, please PM myself or Jerome and we will happily refund your fees.

Please don't hesitate to reach out if there are any questions.

TRG

Director
Staff member
Formula 3 Series 2022/S2
Name
Tyler Gore
iRacing ID
Hi TRG, how do I use the $10 credit that we got from the aborted PRO series? I would like to enter the F3 AM division.
On the account upgrades page, there is a field for a coupon code. Enter the code that was sent to you there and the discount will be applied.

Shoot me a PM if you have any problems.

Name
Demetrius Nunes
iRacing ID
I don't know if I ever received this code. I can see a $10 purchased upgrade on my account but there's no code there. And I can't find any email with it.

Shawn Duhamel

Premium Member
Ferrari Challenge Fixed 2022/S2
Name
Shawn Duhamel
iRacing ID
Guys, thank you for making the change back to the F3. I agree whole heartedly with everything Tyler said above.

I'm intrigued by the idea of sorting between pro/am by a criteria beyond IR alone. We're all here for clean competitive racing. It also makes for a much better show on the broadcast.

Threefiver

Premium Member
GT4/TCR IMSA Series 2022/S2
GT4 IMSA Series 2022/S2
Name
Dave Peterson
iRacing ID
So, I noticed that there is no longer a Pro forum and the driver signup for us is quite a bit longer than it was prior. If I missed a post or a discussion please direct me to it but I am curious what is going to happen going forward. There are obviously Pro guys on the signup page so is the iRating cap changing and we just become one class? Are we going back to the Pro/Am all in one race but running separate championships?

Thanks,

Dave Peterson

mclachlanol

Organizer
Name
Owen McLachlan
iRacing ID
Hey Dave,

Yeah sorry we had to combine both divisions as we were just not getting enough signups for PRO. We are kind of in that middle spot where we have too many for 1 league but maybe not quite enough for 2. We will get you guys more information about the race start times/length here shortly.

Shawn Duhamel

Premium Member
Name
Shawn Duhamel
iRacing ID
Is this series going to have pro and am divisions like we had a couple of seasons ago? That was not a perfect solution, but seemed to work reasonably well.

Otherwise, it is hard to be excited about trying to race guys who are double or even triple your iRating. The point of being part of a league is to be able to race competitively and cleanly with a good group of drivers. If the best you can hope for is it to be top 10-15 each week it really takes the fun out of it.

TRG

Director
Staff member
Formula 3 Series 2022/S2
Name
Tyler Gore
iRacing ID
Hey guys,

Sorry for the delay, been figuring out a lot of details on the back end.

This season, due to the lack of PRO signups, will feature a combined grid but we will race for separate championships like we did in 2021/S1.

Let me know if there are any questions. Division assignments will be split by iRating.

tegatai

Organizer
Formula 3 Series 2022/S2
Name
James R Carter
iRacing ID
I guess it will be kind of a multi class event. We’ll have to figure out who we’re really racing and get used to getting lapped a bunch.

Gunner

Organizer
Formula 3 Series 2022/S2
Name
Matthew Gunderson
iRacing ID
I guess it will be kind of a multi class event. We’ll have to figure out who we’re really racing and get used to getting lapped a bunch.
We have done it before, and our solution is to add nicknames for everyone in the league. Everyone's name will start with either PRO or AM. So when using your relative black box, you will be able to quickly tell if you are really "racing" the people around you.

I guess it's a good time for the reminder that AM drivers do not need to jump out of the way of a PRO driver if it is for position. Everyone is entitled to race for a top 5, top 10, whatever it is. We just ask everyone keep in mind that a PRO or AM driver finishing ahead of you won't affect your points in the standings if they aren't in your class. Smart decisions on who to race hard and not make risky moves unnecessarily will benefit everyone in the long run.

tegatai

Organizer
Formula 3 Series 2022/S2
Name
James R Carter
iRacing ID
We have done it before, and our solution is to add nicknames for everyone in the league. Everyone's name will start with either PRO or AM. So when using your relative black box, you will be able to quickly tell if you are really "racing" the people around you.

I guess it's a good time for the reminder that AM drivers do not need to jump out of the way of a PRO driver if it is for position. Everyone is entitled to race for a top 5, top 10, whatever it is. We just ask everyone keep in mind that a PRO or AM driver finishing ahead of you won't affect your points in the standings if they aren't in your class. Smart decisions on who to race hard and not make risky moves unnecessarily will benefit everyone in the long run.
Thank you for the additional clarification Gunner.

I hope it doesn’t turn out like iGPFun where the faster drivers are real jerks about slower drivers on the track.

Keeping my fingers crossed that this will be a fun new experience.

AlexF

Premium Member
Formula 3 Series 2022/S2
Name
Alex Fournier
iRacing ID
Thank you for the additional clarification Gunner.

I hope it doesn’t turn out like iGPFun where the faster drivers are real jerks about slower drivers on the track.

Keeping my fingers crossed that this will be a fun new experience.

Real jerks ?

Also, one thing that I find nice when you have a big field like this is : 30 minutes open qualy. That give plenty of time to put a lap in and remove the rush to get out and do a fast lap quickly. Less trafic and less people fighting for place = more people happy.

My two cent.

Last edited:

tegatai

Organizer
Formula 3 Series 2022/S2
Name
James R Carter
iRacing ID
Real jerks ?

Also, one thing that I find nice when you have a big field like this is : 30 minutes open qualy. That give plenty of time to put a lap in and remove the rush to get out and do a fast lap quickly. Less trafic and less people fighting for place = more people happy.

My two cent.
Hey Alex. I had a poor experience with iGPFun. Definitely not all drivers. But enough that I withdrew and focused on PRL.