Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• 2023 Season 1 Signups now open to all !

Hi Guest, Signups for 2023 Season 1 are now open to all members!
    Please visit the new series forums for all the details or click here to sign up.

F1 2019 Announced!

moogleslam

Premium Member
Name
http://blog.codemasters.com/f1/03/f1-2019-defeat-your-rivals/

Very few specifics at this time.  There's an F2 car at the end of the video though, so I'd take that to mean they're including a feeder series.

Super early release date - June 28th - so you guys might want to re-think the Season 15 schedule.  Maybe just have your last race be Hungary, which is scheduled for June 26th?

Like I've been saying for a while, before I buy, it needs to include:
[ul]
[li]VR Support[/li]
[li]Properly functioning track limits[/li]
[li]The ability to practice with equal cars in single player[/li]
[/ul]

LAcadien

Name
Released earlier? Hummm i smell alot of bugs!! Remember F1 2015? It was released earlier too and that darn game was almost not playable when it came out

LAcadien

Name
moogleslam said:

Very few specifics at this time.  There's an F2 car at the end of the video though, so I'd take that to mean they're including a feeder series.

Super early release date - June 28th - so you guys might want to re-think the Season 15 schedule.  Maybe just have your last race be Hungary, which is scheduled for June 26th?

[ul]
[li]VR Support[/li]
[/ul]

F1 2015 was released earlier too and remember all those bugs? I think it's gonna be the same with F1 2019, we should wait and test it good before ending Season 15. 

jalmenar

Name
Jonathan Almenar
iRacing ID
moogleslam said:
[ul]
[li]VR Support[/li]
[/ul]

VR: I doubt it, but would love it. Doubt it, cuz currently, less than 5% of the market (players) have a VR device. SO! why would you (Codemaster) spend $$$ on something that only 5% of the market can use?

Properly functioning track limits: would love it, but i doubt is a priority for them

Ability to practice...: F%^&* YEA! we really need this TODAY!

Zephyr

Premium Member
MX-5 Cup Series 2022/S4
Formula 4 Series 2022/S4
Formula 3 Series 2023/S1
Name
Ryan Kings
iRacing ID
LAcadien said:
Released earlier? Hummm i smell alot of bugs!! Remember F1 2015? It was released earlier too and that darn game was almost not playable when it came out

They are claiming this is the first game with a 2 year dev cycle. Not sure how true it but thats what they are saying

moogleslam

Premium Member
Name
jalmenar said:
moogleslam said:
[ul]
[li]VR Support[/li]
[/ul]

VR: I doubt it, but would love it. Doubt it, cuz currently, less than 5% of the market (players) have a VR device. SO! why would you (Codemaster) spend $$$ on something that only 5% of the market can use?

Properly functioning track limits: would love it, but i doubt is a priority for them

Ability to practice...: F%^&* YEA! we really need this TODAY!

They're adding VR Support to Dirt Rally 2, and it's one of the most requested features for the F1 series, so I'm expecting VR support.  It's my other two bullet points I'm doubtful about.

moogleslam

Premium Member
Name
Bobino12 said:
I thought you were waiting for the release of the big 38 inches monitor from LG (38WK95C-W) ?

49", not 38"! :)

The Samsung C49RG90 has all my dreams come true, 32:9, 49", 5120x1440, 120Hz, curved, HDR, FreeSync 2 (now works with NVIDIA cards).  Can read more here:  https://displaysolutions.samsung.com/monitor/detail/1421/C49RG90 - nothing else like that on the market at the moment (actually, it's not out yet; supposed to be ~1 month)

But if I ever buy that, it wouldn't be for sim racing.  My motion sickness with VR hasn't been nearly has bad as I suspected it would, or I've at least learned the key is maintaining rock stead/high frame rates all the time, so VR only for sim racing from now on.

Bobino12

Name
Yes. i saw this monitor on the web and it is quite impressive...

I would like somehow to try VR for racing but the chance to do it is quite low because I don't have friends who got this technology yet. Apart from buying it, I can't see how I could try it...

Buying it without being sure I will like it is not an option.

Bobino12

Name
Codemasters f1 game Release dates :

F1 2013 : October 4th 2013
F1 2014 : October 2nd 2014
F1 2015 : July 10th 2015
F1 2016 : August 18th
F1 2017 : August 25th
F1 2018 : August 24th
F1 2019 : June 28th

I understand they were working on the F1 2019 game after the release of the F1 2017 game, so from the last two years, in parallel to the 2018 game.

The F1 2015 game was the worst release regarding Multiplayer racing. Connections crashes were pretty frequent and unplayable so we had another PRL season with F1 2014 game. Apart Multiplayer, the game was pretty good.

Since then, the game has improved very much and is now closer to be a real sim racing game, especially with the tyre modelling. Of course, there will always be perpetual moaners who will still be unsatisfied...

Zephyr

Premium Member
MX-5 Cup Series 2022/S4
Formula 4 Series 2022/S4
Formula 3 Series 2023/S1
Name
Ryan Kings
iRacing ID
Bobino12 said:

I would like somehow to try VR for racing but the chance to do it is quite low because I don't have friends who got this technology yet. Apart from buying it, I can't see how I could try it...

I'm in the exact same situation too. Cant justify spending $300+ on something I might not enjoy.

Plasmaraider

Name
moogleslam said:

[ul]
[li]VR Support[/li]
[/ul]

I just want my VR support too, but theyre saying this is going to have a lot of features that havent been in the series before. So maybe thats gonna be VR

Bobino12

Name
Here's a video that shows differences and preferences from a guy who have a triple screen setup and VR Oculus.

That's in french but english speaking people would understand with minimum effort...There's many screen informations to help the understanding.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1-OqElZmUI

piboye

Name
In a way I'm sad about the early release. I'm on a 6-month co-op at JPL and won't be back home (and thus to my wheel) until the beginning of August. It's great that it is coming out earlier, but I won't be able to race until a month and a half after.

moogleslam

Premium Member
Name
Zephyr said:
Bobino12 said:

I'm in the exact same situation too. Cant justify spending $300+ on something I might not enjoy.

Just about everything has a return policy! :)

kub

Name
Doubt they will implement VR because Xbox One doesn't support it. Would be unfair to include VR for PS4 and PC while Xbox One doesn't have an option to do so. Maybe it will change when next gen consoles come out and Xbox finally gets VR support.

LAcadien

Name
Available to pre purchase now. Gonna get the Legend Edition... since they've been working on it for 2 years, it might be ok at release.. hopefully.

moogleslam

Premium Member
Name
kub said:
Doubt they will implement VR because Xbox One doesn't support it. Would be unfair to include VR for PS4 and PC while Xbox One doesn't have an option to do so. Maybe it will change when next gen consoles come out and Xbox finally gets VR support.

That doesn't add up, because they are adding VR support for dirt rally 2, but only on PC

kub

Name
moogleslam said:
kub said:

That doesn't add up, because they are adding VR support for dirt rally 2, but only on PC

My best guess is that the Codemasters division that works on Dirt 2.0 doesn't work on the F1 game. Its like Rockstar Games studio, they got few subsidiaries, like Rockstar Leeds or Rockstar San Diego. Leeds worked on the Grand Theft Auto series while San Diego worked on Red Dead Redemption. Can't really find a reliable source if that's true for Codemasters or not, but I assume that's the case why one game will have VR while the other one won't get it.