Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

F1 2017 R1: Australia Reactions

piboye

We got a good race to start the F1 season.  What did you all think?  Do you think this promises a good championship fight between Mercedes and Ferrari (Hamilton vs. Vettel) this year?  How did your favorite team/driver do?  What do you think of the new cars?

jeromef1

Director
Staff member
Full Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
The race was boring at some point... Lewis should have won, but Mercedes messed up the strategy. I just hope we will see more than 1 pitstop per race this year otherwise, it could be very boring :(

piboye

Yeah, it is nice to see the drivers push, but that makes the tires harder and more durable. I doubt there will be many two stop races this year. I also don't think that we'll see nearly as much overtaking as last year because of the extreme difficulty of following another car.

Gunner

Organizer
Full Name
Matthew Gunderson
iRacing ID
I personally am OK with overtaking being a bit more difficult. I enjoy watching a battle play out and a driver set someone up as more of a chess move to get by than simply hitting the drs button on the straight for a guaranteed position.

The durable tires is a double edged sword, the drivers can actually push the cars for more than a lap now, but many races will be a 1 stop. The overcut is also clearly the way to go again, like back in the Bridgestone tire days. We will see what the season brings, but all in all I'm just happy to see that Ferrari on top!

P. S. Pieboy, shame for Grosjean that race, I feel he was more than earning his paycheck putting that Haas where he did in qualifying.

piboye

Yeah, I was disappointed with the outcome of Grosjean's race, but it gave me hope for future races. I think he'll be in the points more often this year. As for Magnussen, I really hope that was a one off race for him.

nickthequick

Manager
Staff member
Magnussen's has really never shown anything special in my opinion. I think his best race was the first one he was ever in LOL.