Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

Discord

monsterZERO

Premium Member
Hey have you guys considered moving over to Discord at all? After using it the past few months with my team I now much prefer it over Teamspeak. Just the interface alone is so much more modern and sleek, let alone all of the customization for voice chat. Just super easy to navigate/work with.

jeromef1

Director
Staff member
Full Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
You are not the first to ask... Last time I tried Discord, I didn't consider it because of lack of settings and management. In our TS server, we have group with special permission and I doubt Discord can do the same thing. Actually, we will also migrate to a North American Teamspeak in 2018. Maybe later in the year I'll try again Discord, but so far, I think Teamspeak is more advanced and fit better with our requirements. Also, we have a licence a 50 users on TS and we might have to increase to 100 soon. Does discord support that? Why is it free? How the developers are making money? Because it's free, is there a lot of advertising? I don't want any advertising on the voice app we will use. Also, can we customize the channels and the channels description?

I will have a look later in 2018 :)

magnus

I have been using discord with the AOR group and it works flawlessly. Lots of customization and options.