Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• 2021 Season 2 Signups are open !

GT3 Sportscar Series is now full but we still have room in the Tuesday LMP2/GTE Sportscar Series for our sportscar enthusiasts.

For our NASCAR Drivers, we have a few more spots in the Sunday Cup Series and the Wednesday Truck Series is closed.

Our open wheel Indy Pro 2000 series also has a few spots left for Season 2.

CLOSED THREAD: S14 Feedback discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

athacker

Premium Member
Hello PRL American Tuesday Series racers! First, I want to introduce myself as the new Tuesday Series Mod properly: My name is Aaron. I am a five-year iRacing member, live in Dallas, TX, married and have one kid. I grew up playing Gran Turismo and TOCA and moved my way through the simcade world until landing on iRacing exclusively.

Now. The business. As a two-season Tuesday Series racer and new mod, I want to hear from the community on two big things and one other. Reply with your answers! Remain objective, no member callouts/blame. If you prefer not to share your thoughts publically, I encourage you to send me a PM.

1). What can we do better as organizers?
2). What, if any, immediate items would you like addressed for S15?
2a). We are entering the holiday season, would you be able to run a full season (10 races)?

And full transparency, I want to share items we are discussing as organizers to avoid duplication:

1). Potentially adding a second language pre-race announcements due to the high number of non-English speaking participants. Language TBD.
2). Possible addition of real-time stewarding. Stewards announce post-race in-forum incidents being investigated, and after Stewards close investigations and deliver rulings (within 24hrs), community protests or appeals would then open.
3). Cautions/VSC will be revisited.

A

Anonymous

I'll get the ball rolling with my thoughts.

What can we do better as organizers?

I'm still fairly new to the league so I haven't much feedback to give. I would mention is timeliness of getting results uploaded and in resolving any protests.

Also, there is no control over the relative strengths of the teams that can be nominated to race. Currently you could have the fastest and second fastest drivers on the same team and make it almost impossible for any other duo to have a chance. Some sort of weighting could maybe be applied to this process to even the playing field?

What, if any, immediate items would you like addressed for S15?

Fuel fill limit for the one hour race - fuel saving for 58 minutes at Road Atlanta was not fun.

Regarding live stewards, VSC, in-race penalties etc. I have raced in a few leagues that run things this way and there are pros and cons. What is important is very clear and concise information and instruction as to how these rules and limits will be implemented, as it is very difficult to enforce custom rules on a large-grid league.

acaro

Premium Member
I'm good at giving my opinion, usually I do it when no one cares, but since its requested I'll do it even happier! :D

To be honest, the organization is not at all bad in here! The only thing I would like is to have real time stewarding, but I see you're already discussing that.

I won't voice opinion here as I am about to take a forced hiatus in simracing. At this moment I will only be able to focus on one thing due to time constraints and my team needs me in another league.

2a). We are entering the holiday season, would you be able to run a full season (10 races)?
Unfortunately not due to my time constraints. But under normal circumstances I would always be available except for christmas eve and new year's.

Carsten Quint

Premium Member
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]1). What can we do better as organizers?[/font]
It's pretty good right now.  No complaints here.
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]2). What, if any, immediate items would you like addressed for S15?[/font]
I wouldn't mind going back to single car qualifying.  We have a big field now which makes it hard to get a clean hot lap in.

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]2a). We are entering the holiday season, would you be able to run a full season (10 races)?[/font]
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]I should be able to.  No plans to go away here.[/font]

Ozymandias

Organizer
Full Name
Cristian Eissler
iRacing ID
Thanks Aaron for opening this thread.

I was just thinking about opening a thread about a wish list and / or suggestions for future seasons, but it is much better to discuss it in this thread.

Season 14 is my fourth consecutive season in PRL and I only have words of thanks for the organization. In these 4 seasons I have seen how the series has continuously improved in its competitiveness, always maintaining a high level of organization and cleanliness in the race,

As a suggestion, there are some things that I would like to see in future seasons and that maybe the organization can evaluate implement.

- Use the official ILMS iracing calendar instead of IMSA, or better yet, a mix with the best of both.
- Have a week break in the middle of the season (in the case of season 15, Christmas and New Year are probably weeks for a break)
- Last race with double points (or some multiplier of regular points) and NOT dropable. To maintain the excitement of the tournament until the end.
- As Tom commented, the issue of fuel restriction for 1 hour races could be revised.
- Implement different career hours, especially if iRacing will have the option of the day-night transition (not necessarily tied to the time of the day of the official calendar).

PS: really good idea to have a 2nd language for pre-race announcements...assuming this language is Spanish :lol:

MrCaringi

Totally agree with Cristian:

Terrific work guys, really impressive. Racing with you since S10, you are the best Organization out there. Just the timming for results and Investigation resolution.

- A mix of ILMS/IMSA calendar,
- 1 week break (between race 5 and 6 for example)
- one 90 min race :D
- review the track weather for race: we always race way below the default temp. It will be fixed to "default".

Pretty sure I'll drop next season if calendar doesnt change.

Regards,

JustinHall164

1) I think having the 2nd language the driver's meeting is a good idea. As Tom mentioned the results / protests being posted in a more fashion has sometimes been an issue, so that could see some improvement.

Other than that I would like to see some improvement to the camaraderie between racers but understand that falls more on us (the racers) than the mod team. There doesn't seem to be much of a point to having the PRL discord when most of the drivers meetings happened in the main chat.

-I wouldn't mind some change up in the schedule to skip some of the less popular tracks, so long as it is tied to an official series. Practicing for Zandvoort was difficult since there wasn't an official race to use as practice.
-If we want to add live stewards than I would be fine paying a little more money upfront to have all the races increased to 1hr and maybe have the endurance round as 1.5hrs. VSC and or full course cautions would probably kill too much of a race to be worth implementing.

2a) A holiday break would be a good idea. Unfortunately I have some trips planned next year so I'm not sure if I'll be able to commit to an entire season depending on the start / end dates.

Not much on this, I've been quite happy with everything, and with Aaron now on full time duty, the communication in the forums have been great.

I'd like to see hour long races, with 1.5 hour long enduros. First, this hopefully would be able to lessen the "need" to get by someone immediately, and would hopefully allow less incidents and wrecks early on. Second, it would allow for more strategy during events, which would be a welcome thing. If increasing the cost to to $12-15 per season is necessary for this change, I would be completely fine with that.

Also, I agree with Justin about picking the more popular tracks. We miss out on Monza and Daytona, which I feel are excellent tracks to race GTE's, and having a "bye week" or 2 to skip some of the less well received ones like Sonoma would be ideal.

Highly probable, if we factor in drop weeks.

jeromef1

Director
Staff member
Full Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
Thanks Aaron for bringing this thread up!

Thanks to everyone who have replied! We will keep that thread up for a few days. We will discuss about your suggestions in the organiser topic we have with your organiser and iRacing managers.

If needed, we will open polls about some of the suggestions!

JustinHall164

One thing I forgor to mention was the idea of having the track state cleaned / reset between pracrice and qualifying. From qualifying to the race have it carey over. The reason being that with 3 hours of practice the track can get pretty dirty, especially with the ease of resetting

Ozymandias

Organizer
Full Name
Cristian Eissler
iRacing ID
JustinHall164 said:
One thing I forgor to mention was the idea of having the track state cleaned / reset between pracrice and qualifying. From qualifying to the race have it carey over. The reason being that with 3 hours of practice the track can get pretty dirty, especially with the ease of resetting
+1.

Ozymandias

Organizer
Full Name
Cristian Eissler
iRacing ID
Another issue to review is the maximum number of incidents per race. In my opinion 30 is a too high number, especially in some circuits where it is easier for a driver to defend a position or gain time doing an off track (for example in SPA, Interlagos, Cota).
Maybe it's a number that could go down to x24 or x20 in 45-minute races.

MrCaringi

JustinHall164 said:

BIG AND VERY IMPORTANT POINT!
thanks for mention it.

HughJass

aww shucks, you guys are great!

Longer races (60-90 mins), PRL License Points to deter careless driving and 2x time modifier once day/night arrives.

Doubt it.

C_Valenzuela

You are great, keep it in that way :)

A mix of races in cold and hot weather / a special event (2hr race for example) with 2x points / Full track yellow flag on big accidents.

Yes :)

Fmontini

Full Name
Francisco Montini
iRacing ID
Ozymandias said:
Another issue to review is the maximum number of incidents per race. In my opinion 30 is a too high number, especially in some circuits where it is easier for a driver to defend a position or gain time doing an off track (for example in SPA, Interlagos, Cota).
Maybe it's a number that could go down to x24 or x20 in 45-minute races.

agree

athacker

Premium Member
*FEEDBACK THREAD CLOSES WHEN W9 PRACTICE OPENS TOMORROW NIGHT*

Thank you to everyone that has contributed! Several items mentioned will make it into S15. You speak, we listen!

Status
Not open for further replies.