Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• 2022 Season 3 Signups are now open !

Hi Guest, Signups for Season 3 are currently open to all members!
    Please visit the new series forums for all the details or click here to sign up.

Please note that our GT3 Sprint Series is already full!

Change to the Incident Point DSQ System

When should we remove the incident point DSQ?

• Remove it immediately

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Wait until the start of the next season

Votes: 6 66.7%

• Total voters

Hootius

Director
Staff member
NASCAR Cup Series 2022/S2
GT4/TCR IMSA Series 2022/S2
NASCAR Truck Series 2022/S2
GT4 IMSA Series 2022/S2
Ferrari Challenge Fixed 2022/S2
Name
Charles Sumner
iRacing ID
Hey crew. There was a long discussion last night after the truck race with the organizer group. This is regarding a long standing conversation of "should our oval leagues keep the incident limit DSQ?".

So obviously on the road side, the incident limit is key to make sure people are not constantly abusing track limits. That is a huge factor with that style of racing. With oval racing, that's really not the case. In the past, the incident point disqualification limit was there to prevent over aggressive bump drafts that resulted in 4x and vehicle damage, and to help discourage people over driving their vehicles, especially if the vehicles are already damaged. The obvious downside to this system is just how easy it is to be an innocent victim in an oval race, especially on tracks where the pack is so tight and you can get blindsided at a moments notice.

After a long discussion, the organizers and I agreed that the current Caution Penalty System's ("Licensing System" as it's been called as well) main goal is also to help detere such actions as drivers are allowed to protest non-caution contact and collisions that had negatively effect their race. With our new system in place and continuously finding new ways to be optimized, the organizers and myself all agrees it is in the best case of fairness for the oval leagues to remove the incident point limit and no longer have drivers DSQ.

What we want from the league is this: do you want this change to start immediately? Or do you thing a change of this magnitude should go into effect at the start of a new season? Now I will say this because there have been some DSQs this season and while those drivers will be happy to see this change, they will also be upset that the previous DSQ happened in the first place. If the vote is to change immediately, we WILL NOT go back and remove DSQs from the first half of the season. The reason being is that we did those races under that rule being in effect, a rule we all agreed upon when we signed up for the league. We feel this is the fairest way to handle this situation. So what say you all? I would like to have this decision voted on as soon as possible so I can have time to edit all the sessions if needed.