LMP2/GT3 IMSA Series 2022/S2
On Track Reviews and Procedures
- On track incidents should be avoided at all costs.
- On track incidents that result in a caution will be automatically reviewed by the Oval Stewards and will be ruled on 48 hours following the race.
- On track incidents that do not cause a caution can still be reviewed. Please submit a protest using the Protest Form on the PRL website.
- Race Start and Caution Restarts will also be reviewed by the Steward team for early 3-wide and Lead Car speed violations.
- PRL's Racing Rules and iRacing's Sporting Code are in effect for all official races through the season.
- Stewards will issue a Caution Point value against a driver(s) found at fault for initiating the caution, as well as drivers maneuvering carelessly or recklessly that lead to other drivers getting involved in the caution. Please refer to the Rules Document for a full explanation.
- Any driver who is issued an EOL start penalty shall not qualify. Drivers caught doing so will be issued a black flag and will have to serve a drive-thru penalty.
- Any driver who gets DSQ for not serving a black flag during the race will be placed in last and all points will be removed, and the race will not count as a drop week. If you receive a black flag in the final moments of a race and do not have time to serve it, you must contact the race organizers immediately so the appropriate action can be taken.
- You have the right to Appeal a caution decision if you feel the original ruling was incorrect. Contact will Charles Sumner withing 48 hours of the rulings being posted to Appeal a ruling. The entire Steward Team will review the incident and will cast a vote, in which the majority vote will be the final verdict. Losing an Appeal will place a 30-day restriction in place where you may not Appeal a verdict again.
- Penalties and race thresholds will carry over from season to season in 2021.