Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• 2022 Season 3 Signups are now open !

Hi Guest, Signups for Season 3 are currently open to all members!
    Please visit the new series forums for all the details or click here to sign up.

Please note that our GT3 Sprint Series is already full!

Car Numbers for the Interlagos race - bug?

Spinn

Premium Member
Ferrari Challenge Fixed 2022/S2
Name
Spencer Semkowich
iRacing ID
Some of us had the wrong car numbers for the race last night, doing the same thing we've always done.  I'm not sure of the cause, but here are my thoughts:
[ol]
[li]With the new spec maps on iRacing, do we now need a car_num_######.tga file to pull the custom number?[/li]
[ol]
[li]This would be new behaviour, it's never been needed in the past.[/li]
[/ol]
[li]I upgraded to Trading Paints pro in the off season, could that have caused it?[/li]
[li]Something in how the session was set up last night was different?[/li]
[li]iRacing or Trading Paints introduced a bug between Sunday and this Tuesday this week[/li]
[/ol]
Last week (and in any non-league practice session since then) my number 012 has shown up as expected, without me having to do anything different.  So that leads me to think it's not options 1 or 2 above.

Does anyone else have any insights?

FKNCommishLB

Name
James LeBlond
iRacing ID
I've been 007 for several PRL seasons in the RSR, and last night I ended being only #7. I did confirm I've not changed anything in iRacing. It appears somehow there's coding that does not recognize the 00s . At least, that's my situation.

Gary Schilling

Premium Member
Name
Gary W Schilling
iRacing ID
Cristian told me this:
"What I think with the spencer is that he chose the number 012. When I tried to enter it in the League numbers (UI), eliminates any 0 that is on the left side ... so he stayed with number 12 in the information of the League.

On the other hand, Chase Mundie registered that day in the server with the number 12, which could cause the error with Spencer"

My thoughts:

If people would not have been entering the sessions in the past with the wrong car & #  we would not have to go through this. I'll see what can be done about it.
I know I'm really picky about my #

jeromef1

League Owner
Staff member
LMP2/GT3 IMSA Series 2022/S2
Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
Ok I've adjusted the car number in the iRacing league to show the "0" before the numbers. Let's see next race on it goes. If it doing the same thing, I'll raise a ticket to iRacing service.