Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• 2022/S4 - Seasonal prizes draw!

Hi Guest, The list of eligible drivers to the 2022/S4 end of season draw is now available! We will be doing a live event on Discord on Sunday December 11th at 9pm EDT!
    Click here for more details and to see the list of eligible drivers.

Car Change for New GTE BoP 2020/03/26

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeromef1

League Owner
Staff member
GT4 Fixed Series 2022/S4
GT3 Sprint Series 2023/S1
Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
Today iRacing has provided an update which has change the BoP of the GTE cars.

Ferrari 488 GTE
- 2020 Season 2 Balance of Power Adjustment: Aerodynamic drag has been decreased slightly, and aerodynamic downforce has been increased slightly.

Ford GT - 2017
- 2020 Season 2 Balance of Power Adjustment: Minimum weight has been reduced by 5kg.

As stated in the signups topic:

What happens if iRacing adjust the BoP during the season? If the BoP is adjusted by iRacing during the season, we will allow drivers to change their car (1-time only). Drivers will have two weeks to do it and they can't revert it back. If there is no BoP adjustment by iRacing, drivers are not allowed to change their car during the season.

Please specify in this thread if you would like to change you car. If you do not inform us of the change and join with a different car, you will be removed from the session.

westracing01

Name
Michael Ross
iRacing ID
Question I was going to ask in the drivers meeting, does the ability to switch cars get another go if iRacing adjusts the BoP in the April 2 patch?

I have a feeling they're going to throw weight back on the Ford and Porsche. Ford is bad fast at Spa... Not my Ford, but in general.

Ozymandias

Organizer
Name
Cristian Eissler
iRacing ID
westracing01 said:
Question I was going to ask in the drivers meeting, does the ability to switch cars get another go if iRacing adjusts the BoP in the April 2 patch?

I have a feeling they're going to throw weight back on the Ford and Porsche. Ford is bad fast at Spa... Not my Ford, but in general.

Since this rule was incorporated we have never had two BoP changes in one season. I understand there would be a new opportunity to change cars, but I will check with Jerome to confirm.

Status
Not open for further replies.