Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• RaceSpot broadcast information & paints

Hi Guest,

We recently updated the Broadcast information page under league information with the announcement of our new partnership with RaceSpot.

Note that RaceSpot is not using Trading Paints on their broadcast and all members will need to update their paints on RaceSpot.media.

Please consult the Broadcast information page for more details and procedures.

Being An Organiser!

Macca

Name
S14

When I first joined the F1 league back in August 2016 I didn’t really speak much. I remember NeYo asking me would I like to do [re-race questions for Bahrain, I declined. So, if you had’ve told me 70+ races later I would been an organiser, I probably wouldn’t have believed you.

After my first race of S14 (my second in PRL) Jake sent me a message asking me if I would be interested in becoming an organiser at the end of the season, admittingly I wasn’t sure an doubted it, but I told him I would think about it. After the mess of the next race NeYo decided to quit which meant Jake needed someone to help him, so after he asked, I agreed. Jake also asked Liam and Sam too. Liam unfortunately declined due to his internet issues. Sam however did I agree. I had never really spoke to Sam privately before so wasn’t sure how the 3 of us wold get on. Let’s just say it went well.

It was literally being thrown in at the deep end. PRL was at all time low after Malaysia. Arguments were a plenty. We went about changing the restart rule and trying to bring back the good atmosphere. The first thing I did as an organiser was the ‘PRL survey’. Thankfully a lot of drivers liked it and it went down well. Somehow, I won ‘Friendliest/easiest guy to get along with, still not quite sure how that wasn’t Sam. I then decided to do ‘Fantasy Prediction PRL’ it got off well but ultimately didn’t last more than a season. It’s all good though. As an organiser it’s rare you’ll find stuff that last and to realise not all ideas will work. At end of the day people are here for the racing.

Me, Sam and Jake all got on extremely well which was important. It was all great fun and we knew how each other went about things. When me and Sam first started we both mentioned how the community feel to this league was what made it great, so always tried to make our decisions based on that. However, the first real test was just around the corner, or through it.

The drivers title was hotting up with future eSports star Carre (Alvaro Carreton) being collected by title rival NeYo. However, it was Carre’s corner cutting antic that would frustrate the German and many more. We were on regular corner cutting back then but Carre was taking it to far, so we agreed to call him out on it. It got heated at times in the chat between drivers so in the end we moved to strict corner cutting. We had decided to wait till F1 2017 before moving to strict, but we decided to change midway through the season. Not ideal but it had to be done. Jake was against it for good reasons, but in the end me and Sam persuaded him it was for the better. My only regret was not waiting till after Singapore! Damn those time penalties I got. During all this we had our only 100% league to race to date at Spa.

The only change that was attempted was a few different things instead of pre-race questions. Pre-race questions popularity wasn’t that great, so we tried a change. Didn’t work, but hey ho that’s what you must do sometimes. The biggest discussion was happening privately off track, we had 23 drivers in S15 after Deki joined. Manor dropped out of F1 so for F1 2017 there would only be 20 seats available. I claimed we would have enough drivers for 2 divisions, I even went as far as announcing this in the PSN PRL chat. While I was confident I had nothing to back the claim up with. Pretty sure Sam and Jake were thinking ‘wtf is guy doing’. It was a big claim that a league that not long ago couldn’t fill a full grid would have enough drivers to fill 2 divisions.  I was confident but knew if we couldn’t I would have some explaining to do. I think things worked out alright though! At this point we knew Jake was stepping down as organiser and we needed a replacement. Realistically Mich was the only person available and ready at the time. To be honest I was against having Mich as an organiser, I didn’t feel he was ready given some previous antics that season. He had done a lot for the league including getting commentated highlights for us! (Link down below) Sam in the end persuaded me to give him a chance. To end the season of PRL had its first ever live commented race in Brazil.

S15

Heading into S15 we were hopeful we would get enough signups for a second division, we did. The next issue would be deciding who to put in what division. We decided to give 15 drivers from S14 an automatic spot into D1. We organised test races for all new drivers however with not everyone turning up and the game being new it was hard to get everyone n the correct division. The biggest issue was none of us had experience of this. I was the most experienced of the 3 organisers and I had only been there a year! We believed we had everyone in the correct division in the end, nothing shown us otherwise. It wasn’t just a case of putting drivers in the correct division we also had to try and maintain the community, friendly feel of the league, this was vitally important. Being the only organiser in D2 meant I had to be solely responsible for restarts, making sure all the new guys experiences goes as good as it can. Another big change was the start time. We had moved it from 7:30pm UK time to 7pm UK time. The best change was the car selection process. Car selection process was previously always done on finish order of the season before, which meant it was really unfair. Now everyone would be guaranteed a car they like with the defending champ still getting their first-choice car. This change would set a new-precedent in PRL. Speed didn’t matter, you was still entitled to the same opportunities as everyone else.
Around race 8 or 9 it became clear Jari was too fast for D2. The issue was he had only won 1 or 2 races up to that point. A few drivers mainly Tom was not happy about Jari being in D2. The stance I took (given I was the only organiser in D2) was of, beginning of the season Jari was not the quickest driver in D2. V5 won the first race and many people predicted Army for the title. Jari is a non-assists runner and after a patch assists become slower which helped Jari, but the guy had practiced so much to get that pace. Why should Jari be moved up a division and lose the chance of winning a title? He worked hard for it. Why should he be punished? We decided to announce Jari for D1 not long after Christmas to help ease the unhappiness among 1 or 2 of the drivers in D2.

During the Christmas break I decided to try an organise a Christmas race, a special one-off race where D1 and D2 could race together. I put the idea to Mich and Sam and they liked it and let me get on with it. The whole week was very good with the forum being active form both divisions. The race itself went down extremely well with battles galore! The first of hopefully many Christmas races. #IHadItCovered

S16 

There was not much that changed for the rest of S15 moving onto S16 and through S16. Everything was running fine and the emphasis was on the racing and keeping the community feel going. PRL was going really well, D2 especially. I had tried ideas that came and went, such as ‘Thread of Shame’ ‘Power Rankings’ and post-race questions. One thing was becoming clear, I was bad at updating the results! S14 was fine but S15 and S16 I was bad at them, sorry Mich and Sam!      Results aren’t hard to do, they’re just very tedious. Ask Mark and Gary LOL! Myself, Mich and Sam were all getting along well, Mich had proved to be a great assets and his enthusiasm for the league was really good! We got on well, at times we had a few heated debates, but it was because we both wanted the best for the league. Even earlier than l did last year I announced there would be a D3! I had no doubts about this! After S16 finished there was a Sponsored eSports race for 20 selected drivers, which is incredible. It shown how far the league had come in just over a year! It even had prize, a £50 PSN card, don’t ask who won! He’s won everything since he joined PRL.

S17

S17 was here. I was convinced we was having 3 divisions. So, the 3 of us plus Jake started planning for 3 divisions. The addition of tyre temps made it extremely hard to place people in divisions. A lot of debating of who should go where, it wasn’t easy! The hardest thing I’ve had to as an organiser by far.  In the end I believe we got majority of it right. With hindsight the only change we would make is to put 4/5 drivers from D3 into D2. D3 is the easiest division to fill so having spaces free in there make sense. We already have planned what we will do for next season!
For S17 we had a change of organisers, Sam unfortunately stepped down. Jake rejoined the team, along with Gary, Rikk and Mark. Rikk and Gary, like Mich had earned their spot. Mark was an obvius choice. Funnily enough back in S15 I said he’d be a good organiser! Mich unfortunately also stepped down early into the season. Despite my concerns originally, he was great with the podcast along with Sam. The biggest test of the new organiser team came just before Australia. I really did not want Skeevan in D2, I thought he should be D1. This led to some serious heated debates about where he should go. It was 5 against one so he stayed in D2. After Austrialia he moved to D1, then never raced. Skeevan is officially the most hated person after this by all the organiser team! All the arguments for nothing!

During the first break week Rikk suggest moving days to help with numbers and potential streaming, which give me an idea. I thought why not change the start times. So, I went lone wolf and started asking D2 and D3 drivers what time they could race at. In the end D2 agreed to 6pm. Gary, Mark and Jake wasn’t particularly happy with me just going off and doing this without talking to them first, thankfully Rikk didn’t mind. I got their point and they had a valid point. I guess enthusiasm took over! In the end it was worth it. We got all 3 divisions live streamed and commentated! I didn’t go the best way about it and should’ve spoke to the other organisers first but thankfully the outcome was good! Would’ve been quicker and less work having them help too!

The next addition I went about introducing was penalty points. This time I did ask first! They were all happy with it, so I went about it. It was only a small change, but it has improved the league I believe. Races are starting on time, people are arriving in the lobbies earlier. In general, the league seems to run smoother. At this point a few new topics where added to the forum such as ‘Rate It’ ‘Who Is? And the PRL Quiz.

Then came drivers’ numbers. Mich had tried previously but it didn’t work. I spoke to Gary, Mark, Rikk and Jake (Im learning :p) they had no issue with it. I decided to do all the work myself so there would be no confusion. I decided to learn from Mich’s error and ask people individually one at time. The picking order went off who had been at PRL the longest to make it far. The order was shuffled a bit, so the active drivers go a higher spot in the selection order. Once again putting the emphasis on speed not being everything!

A week before our second break week I told the fellow organisers I would be organising a Christmas Event again this year. I had decided it would be 1v1 grudge matches, knockout style. However, I was sorting it all myself like the year before so none of the organisers knew. Mark then went and proposed something similar on the break week which meant I needed a think! So, we have the Nations Cup! It should he fun. Hopefully the Christmas Event is fun like last year. #IveGotThisCovered

So, this is an insight to being an organiser. Not sure why Jake asked me back in S14, but it’s turned out well. The league owes a lot to NeYo who saved the league. He said when me and Sam took over we’re like Liberty Media, not a bad compliment to receive. Personally, I don’t agree with NeYo’s comment that I’m a face of the league, it’s a team effort, and just a driver. When you compare S14 to now its incredible how far this league has come in 20months. From not having a full grid to having 3 divisions, live streamed and commentated is remarkable. Despite having 60people racing we haven’t lost the community friendly feel we had with just 20 drivers which was hard to do with more drivers but it’s still here! PRL continues to grow each week, here’s to an even better future!

ne-yo1993

Name
I said you are a face of PRL macca. Not THE face xD
Was great to read & made me realise how far PRL has come.
Think S16 was the best season we ever had. On,- & off track. Great racing & well organised.
We can still improve tho.
- Wheel to Wheel ( in D1) is on an absolut low point imo. Would like to see harder pens ( like Q bans f.e.). Think this the only way people will learn it.
- Championship tables. Think they should be updated not later than on Monday/Tuesday.
- Social Media - Twitter & Youtube are so important nowadays to help a league like ours to grow. The podcast was great & that's something not many other leagues have. Would like to see more consistency on both platforms.

I don't wanna be seen as the guy who knows everything better, cause I clearly don't. I'm saying that as a friend of PRL. You guys know that PRL will always be in my heart. These are just the areas we need to improve imo. This is no front against our Organiser. I appreciate the work they put in cause remember, they don't get paid for that. They spending their free time to organise our league. I know how unthankful & hard it can be as an organiser.

Jeey that was more than I wanted to write lol.

Macca

Name
ne-yo1993 said:
I said you are a face of PRL macca. Not THE face xD

Ngl that’s what I thought put 🤦🏻‍♂️ - changed now, probably makes more sense now xD

ibbopaul

Name
Great read Macca :) I'm sure Christmas will be awesome. And I think the organsiers are all great and do a real hard job, I used to do hosting but every bug in those games back then that ruined the races I felt were my fault which isnt the best way to be a host :) and a silly thing to think too.

RacingAtHome

Name
TL;DR The best driver I ever managed was RacingAtHome. His attitude during races was impeccable. When I annoyed him, it was always my fault and I apologise for anything I ever did wrong.