Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• 2022 Season 3 Signups are now open !

Hi Guest, Signups for Season 3 are currently open to all members!
    Please visit the new series forums for all the details or click here to sign up.

Please note that our GT3 Sprint Series is already full!

Auto Blip or Auto Clutch

Rem Ambruosi

Name
Hi Lads, is it better to use auto blip or auto clutch, I seem to use either and it doesn't seem to make a difference, but more to the point , which one is better to use? and why would it be better?

mclachlanol

Organizer
Ferrari Challenge Fixed 2022/S2
Name
Owen McLachlan
iRacing ID
I don't use either one, although I am using the new anti stall clutch aid for this season.
I thought I read somewhere that using the Auto-blip is a little slower then blipping on your own but I'm not sure. Auto clutch might be helpful for the starts but I have a button mapped for the clutch and I'm so used to it now that It's easier for me to have leave auto clutch turned off.

paulwildridge

Premium Member
Name
Paul Wildridge
iRacing ID
I'm with owen... as always lol. The auto blip/clutch in the skippy was really slower so I got used to doing my own blipping and I guess just never tried anything else in this car.

eshhh

Name
I use auto-blip but am realizing I am slightly in the dark on what all of these do. None would allow the car to stall when in gear when stopped an require blip'ing manually and manual clutch? Auto-clutch would prevent stall but require blip'ing manually, no manual clutch to shift up/down? Auto-blip includes blip and auto-clutch I presume. Auto-shift is self explanatory. What's the point of anti-stall compared to these? Just prevents stall but requires clutch to be engaged manually and blip manually?

Attachments

• clutch.PNG
    clutch.PNG
    7.6 KB · Views: 73

MattMiles44

Premium Member
Name
Matthew Miles
iRacing ID
I don't use any assists at all. I find that each one has a disadvantage of some sort. I've also noticed that ever since the engine stall update came about and not using the anti-stall assist has made me a much better starter. The anti-stall assist prevents you from dragging the full potential of your clutch to get the best possible start. 

eshhh

Name
Tested anti-stall this afternoon with standing start, seemed no different than auto-blip. Is the Radical affected by this setting at all?

Gunner

Organizer
Formula 3 Series 2022/S2
Name
Matthew Gunderson
iRacing ID
eshhh said:
Tested anti-stall this afternoon with standing start, seemed no different than auto-blip. Is the Radical affected by this setting at all?
It should be.  While I haven't tested it personally, the car should stall if you spin out and do not put the clutch in.  This assist will clutch for you to keep it from stalling.  I have always just used auto ignition as I don't have a button bound to it, so the car would start back up anyways once I hit the throttle. 

Personally I have been using auto-blip as I am lazy and can't be bothered to move my foot to blip every shift  :lol:

TheGreatC81

Premium Member
Name
David Cristelli
iRacing ID
I don't mean to hijack the thread, but it's kind of related so...

Do you guys use paddle shifters or a sequential shifter with the Radical?

I like doing things as close to real as practical, but if no one else is doing it I don't really want to be at a disadvantage either. Having to steer this twitchy thing one-handed at times will end up biting me at some point, I'm sure.