Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

ASR1

Kemosobie03

Name
Patrick Cowgill
iRacing ID
I'm contemplating upgrading from my self build rig to one that takes up less space in my room. I have kids though, so the ASR1 is probably all I'd be able to afford. What I'd like to know is if the ASR1 can support a direct drive wheel? Specifically a SimXperience Accuforce V2 in this case. Chances are, my wife is gonna tell me no, but If I know it will work for me, I can try to convince her to let me get it.

Advanced SimRacing - Mark

Premium Member
Name
Marc-André Ladouceur
iRacing ID
Hi there! Thanks for your consideration. While the ASR 1 is not meant for heavy-duty direct drive units, Barry from the SimRacing Garage clearly demonstrated it could take it :
Granted, you'll feel a bit of flex and perhaps wobble in the steering column, but nothing that will ruin your SimRacing experience. Furthermore, the ASR 1 can be reinforced if need be with some extra corner gussets.

Kemosobie03

Name
Patrick Cowgill
iRacing ID
Would I need to get a special mount to be able to mount the Accuforce V2 to it? I also use a Logitech G27 shifter, so I'm curious if that needs any special mount.
I think I might have my wife talked into letting me get it. Fingers crossed

Advanced SimRacing - Mark

Premium Member
Name
Marc-André Ladouceur
iRacing ID
The Accuforce V2 mounts directly on our standard wheel deck, you would be all set. The Logitech Shifter is not compatible however. As far as I know, it's a "clamp on" mount, meaning you would need an extra 6" on aluminum and some corner gussets to create some sort of mounting point. We can offer that as a bonus free of charge, simply send us your cart and we'll make you a special order :)