Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• 2022 Season 1 Signups are now open !

Hi Guest, Signups for 2022 Season 1 are currently open for all members!
    Please visit the new series forums for all the details or click here to sign up.

APCC Hall of Fame

Darklol

Director
Staff member
Name
Marco Oliveira
iRacing ID
Updated with Season 12. This contains all divisions from all seasons.
Note: All past ANAC (American No-Assists Championship) have been converted to APCC No-Assists. All Details at the bottom.

[iframeb]https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vR8c58hPPfRd8znQuOQ0RE45nBzNJEEzLXeqpBat7w6fCi9LGU2KGjQf0R5S9m4OC95vn8IHBrG5D7y/pubhtml?widget=true&headers=false, 800[/iframeb]​

APCC S01 No-Assists previously known as ANAC (American No-Assists Championship) S01
APCC S02 No-Assists previously known as ANAC (American No-Assists Championship) S02
APCC S03 No-Assists previously known as ANAC (American No-Assists Championship) S03
APCC S01 Assists previously known as AAC (American Assists Championship) S01
APCC S02 Assists previously known as AAC (American Assists Championship) S02
APCC S03 Assists previously known as AAC (American Assists Championship) S03
APCC S04 Assists previously known as AAC (American Assists Championship) S04

moogleslam

Premium Member
Name
Darklol said:
Note: All past ANAC (American No-Assists Championship) have been converted to APCC No-Assists.

Hmm, I don't love this part I quoted.

That Championship I won was against some of the fastest drivers we ever had (not to take anything away from the other D1 champs who are also some of the fastest drivers we ever had), and was certainly not a Division 3! :p (and for the record, I used cockpit view and never used any assists :))

(hi guys)

DEADZERO

Premium Member
Name
I would also like to mention that my all time podiums finishes stat is not up there. Please and thank you. I like my 1 podium finish.

Darklol

Director
Staff member
Name
Marco Oliveira
iRacing ID
moogleslam said:
Darklol said:
Note: All past ANAC (American No-Assists Championship) have been converted to APCC No-Assists.

That Championship I won was against some of the fastest drivers we ever had (not to take anything away from the other D1 champs who are also some of the fastest drivers we ever had), and was certainly not a Division 3! :p (and for the record, I used cockpit view and never used any assists :))

(hi guys)

I agree but you could have signed up in the No assists instead :p its hard to calculate the level of difficulty. Its just like my WDC with F1 2013 in D1 was the most difficult one but stats are stats lol

Its too much time consuming to separate all the results, assists no assists and which champs it was. It should have been like that from the beginning I think that is one of the reason why it was converted in F1 2013 to be like that so technically it should be applied to previous years and your situation could apply any of the champions too. You never know what is the level of skills of the drivers in a Division unless it was done like we did for F1 2013 where we requested time trials times to classify the drivers.

I will try to add the original names next to those champs.

Next step, I will be bringing back the previous results back to the Archive forums so that we can consult the champs. Btw do you have the results for the first season ever done ? They were OneDrive links that doesn't work anymore.

Darklol

Director
Staff member
Name
Marco Oliveira
iRacing ID
DEADZERO said:
I would also like to mention that my all time podiums finishes stat is not up there. Please and thank you. I like my 1 podium finish.

Stats will be updated at the end of the season.

moogleslam

Premium Member
Name
Darklol said:
moogleslam said:
Darklol said:

(hi guys)

I agree but you could have signed up in the No assists instead :p its hard to calculate the level of difficulty. Its just like my WDC with F1 2013 in D1 was the most difficult one but stats are stats lol

Its too much time consuming to separate all the results, assists no assists and which champs it was. It should have been like that from the beginning. We started to but the assists divisions later on below the non assists thats what I did for previous years but that doesn't take out your WDC. Technically like you said you probably had the toughest challengers but assists has to be considered as the below division compared to the Non-Assists.

I will try to add the original names next to those champs.

Next step, I will be bringing back the previous results back to the Archive forums so that we can consult the champs. Btw do you have the results for the first season ever done ? They were OneDrive links that doesn't work anymore.

I did the no assists championship that season as well :p  Most drivers in each championship were actually the same back then (and didn't use assists), and the top few drivers were all so evenly matched that, sadly, who won the assist or no assist championship mostly came down to which championship the top guys got disconnected the most/least in, and had nothing to do with assists  :) (probably somewhat the same these days)

The ANAC was always it's own thing and had nothing to do with the AAC or APCC.  In fact, they didn't even run in parallel (which is why lots of drivers could do both).  ANAC S1 didn't start until S2 of the AAC, and they were also different nights.

The AAC had a name change to the APCC, and we did go back and retroactively update the name in the earlier history books, but we always considered it the same championship (otherwise you'd only be on Season ~9 now instead of 13), but again, the ANAC had nothing to do with it, and as mentioned, weren't even on the same season number.  When we did the renaming thing, the first seasons of the APCC were labeled Division 1, because we only had 1 division back then (and we wanted consistency in naming conventions etc).   According to that table, you list two no-assist championships, and one assist championship for S3, but I'm fairly sure it was the other way around.  That's why the one I won was APCC D1 (aka AAC D1), and the one that Shadow won was APCC D2 (aka AAC D2).  The one that dusty won was ANAC and nothing to do with the AAC/APCC.  It's also super weird the way you have it because, as I mention, the assist and no-assist seasons were not in sync, so if you look at your "APCC S02" entries, you'll see D1 was with F1 2012, and D2 was with F1 2011.  We obviously didn't have different divisions of the same championship with different games.  And remember the APCC didn't become a merger of the two championships with assist and no assist divisions in it.  When we renamed the AAC to the APCC, the APCC was still 100% assist.  It was only in later seasons that we started to ban some assists in the top divisions.

Sorry, long ramble.  Would just be cleaner if you removed the ANAC seasons and/or list them elsewhere.  Also, then I would just list the APCC seasons and divisions, and not even bother to list whether it was assist or non-assist, especially since it was usually some allowed/some banned, and we kept changing which each season! :)

I actually wrote a history piece about the APCC and ANAC once, and I'm sure it covered this in more detail (and more accuracy.... not 100% sure on a few things), but had a quick look and can't find it anywhere at the moment.

I'm sure I do have all results for all seasons I ran, going back to when I started this, but that could be an extensive search as well.  Before dropbox, we had an ftp, and I think I downloaded the whole FTP somewhere.  I'll get to it.... sometime :)

btw, is the old forum even available now?  Think I lost my link to it, but I wondered if I posted my history thing there.

Darklol

Director
Staff member
Name
Marco Oliveira
iRacing ID
PJ for the ANAC S3 it says there 2 divisions, all the conversion well made by what I saw on the original forum. To be honest, if people want to know the details of which champ they will be able to go to it when I'm done migrating everything.

So technically like S07 was absolutely no assists so that one could be converted backwards to ANAC S04 since it stopped on S03. This is just a way to see all F1 previous champions we had. I guess the best would be to rename the AAC to Div 1 if there was only one for the AAC champs.

I'll send you the link to the old forum through PM.

Edit: Champ titles have been modified to be more accurate and reference to older names have been added.

moogleslam

Premium Member
Name
Ah, okay, so with our second season with F1 2012, we actually had 2 divisions of the AAC (which was Season 4), but also 2 divisions of the ANAC (which was Season 3 of that championship).

Then when F1 2013 came out, and we started Season 5 of the AAC, it was renamed to the APCC (with 4 divisions), and the ANAC was disbanded. Season 5 of the APCC only banned TC for Division 1 & 2, but otherwise, all assists were allowed for all divisions.

Hopefully I have some time next week to look for the old results etc.

Darklol

Director
Staff member
Name
Marco Oliveira
iRacing ID
Yup you are right ! That is why I wanted to list the game because some seasons seems to overlap. I've modified Season 5 Div 1 to Assists since like you said only some were banned so we can't consider that as the same as ANAC. I look through each of the new ones too to make sure it is right. I know since last season we have all assists banned so those are right. Ultimately I want to display the championships settings used for that season so what we can see what was allowed and what was not. Like you said, its hard to judge the level of competition so with all the right information it will be better for people to see.

I will also be able to link the championships back to the their own forums when the migration will be done. I think its good to keep everything otherwise I could have done the easy route and forget about the past forum and start fresh from S10. This took me some time to get everything calculated up to date too if you have all the results it would be awesome :)

Thanks PJ !