Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• 2021 Season 2 Signups are open !

GT3 Sportscar Series is now full but we still have room in the Tuesday LMP2/GTE Sportscar Series for our sportscar enthusiasts.

For our NASCAR Drivers, we have a few more spots in the Sunday Cup Series and the Wednesday Truck Series is closed.

Our open wheel Indy Pro 2000 series also has a few spots left for Season 2.

A diary of a fatman

Oldskool3000

Premium Member
Hi All I have been keeping a diary of my season so far after the race and thought I would update it after every break. More for my own nerdiness but feel free to have a look!

A season so far
Going into s17
I come into this season with mixed thoughts. Challenging at the front will be a big challenge for me and that is the expectation upon me. I am looking forward so much to racing people like Macca, Stevo, Gaz, Dave, Aaron, Robert, Carcannon Jamez. etc. in a competitive environment as we were always in the midfield last season. Also looking forward to racing the new guys. Wave looks quick along with Coco and Adriloc so this could be interesting.
Austrailia - A challenge of mentality
So Australia taught me a lot! I am not used to the pressure of expectation. Qualifying 7th was atrocious. my confidence was completely sapped for some reason and that damn curb in S2 put paid to my race. LFC also retired and it’s safe to say both Ferrari’s feel rather down right now! Let’s grab a beer and reassess. Bahrain has always been a strong track for me but I cannot see me catching Wave already and coco looks quick too. Not a good start Mark.
Bahrain - Glorious Bahrain!
Well this was in complete contrast to Australia, practicing before this race I was keeping pace with some d1 guys and felt this is the acid test for me. I have the pace but do I have the mental fortitude to podium after 36 races?! Qualy was still a bit of a let down result wise as I came 4th but to be honest I don’t think I could have improved much. So I headed into the race hoping to steal a podium in a close race. Off we went and Adriloc got caught up and then incredibly Coco and Wave 2 decided on the 2 stop. Which for me was a mistake. So I am leading the race and pulling into a decent lead. Wave got a 5 second penalty Coco got caught out battling wave and finally my cool head approach got me a result and a win! To say I was happy was an understatement. Ive had plenty of 4ths and 5ths in d2 last year but this felt like redemption. Now all of a sudden I am 3rd in the title race, albeit 18 pts behind wave, so let’s see how my least favourite track treats me next…
China - Keep your head when all those around you…
Frankly I didn’t do much inter division practice for this so I had no clue where I was in relation to others. But I don’t like this track so I was hoping for a 5th. Coco was nowhere to be seen in qualy and Wave and Adrloc were light years ahead of me in 3rd for quali. So I figured I would be having a lonely race as Macca decided to go on an alternative strategy.
This race was incredible, I broke my wing on heated early and Wave and Adriloc decided to battle the heck out of each other and subsequently hurt each others race. I was no where near the fastest man on track and I found myself in the lead with 10 laps left and Macca comes out on fresh tyres about 2 seconds behind. I’m doomed but I am happy with 2nd but I certainly don’t want to lose to Macca, if he gets his tail up then he could be a threat moving forward. Incredibly Wave and Macca battling behind heated enable me to keep my lead and I take my 2nd win. Now this is the moment I start to think I can win this season and it won’t be because I’m quick, it’s because I think I have the coolest head. I have never battled for wins before so I don’t go life and death in those spots. I have been so concerned with keeping it clean and stealing 3rd that I’m actually putting my self in spots to win races.
Baku - Reality check
So I am now really starting to belive my own hype. I do well round here historically and come 1st in quali to take my first ever pole and feel I have this race on a stick….Until I notice Coco is on the harder compound in 5th….this is not good. It gets worse as Dave makes contact with me and whilst I am unhurt it takes out LFC and Heated to give Coco a clear run at me through the first stint...No point fighting it when he eventually catches me and I cruise round for 2nd. Wave and Adrlioc go at it again and get themselves DSQd and all of a sudden I have a gap emerging at the top and maybe Coco is my nearest rival? Wave seems to temperamental, stevo isn’t racing and adriloc is already a long way behind. Macca hasn’t raced 2 races… This could be my season after all! But Coco seems way quicker.
Cataclysmic Catalunya
So I am in good form, I have a lead and Wave and Adrloc have been banned for 1 race due to their actions in Baku. Wave got a 9 pt pen and all of a sudden I have a great chance to really put my foot down on this title. Qualy was interesting I was the leading soft runner in 4th until Macca puts in a lap from nowhere and goes 2nd. My heart sinks, Macca is Coco’s team mate and it’s a ½ for Sauber….This may be damage limitation against coco who is only 9 points behind. I don’t want to relinquish my lead just yet. Fact is if I can get past France in the lead I will dominate, sorry if that sounds big headed but I just love all tracks bar Spa from Austria through to Singapore.

Well the good news is….I kept my title lead and Coco came 11th! Yes! ...Well I only managed 10th. After getting taken out on a safety car restart and going off through my own fault in traffic I go from an almost certain at least 12 points to 6 to 1. And Dave has just smashed into 2nd and I feel a bit foolish for discounting him thus far. On thing this refocused me on is how much I like racing in this league. Battling Bre and trying to catch ibbo for points reminded me how much fun I had last season in very similar spots. It made me realise how mature this division already feels from a standing start and how many battles there are. I feel like my mind is refocused and even though I am a huge underdog when it comes to Monaco I go into it with the same state of of mind I went into Bahrain. lets capitalise on peoples mistakes and keep enjoying this league

Oldskool3000

Premium Member
Monaco - Making the best of a bad situation

Monaco always tends to yield points for me...just not very many. Obviously I knew quali was very important round here and was delighted with 3rd. I was just trying to achieve a decent result and make sure that the 11 point gap on Coco and the 2 point gap on Dave was kept to a degree. Albeit, I expected to lose the lead here.

The race was difficult, I got taken by Macca into t1 and unfortunately Coco and Robert were already far and away after 4 laps with Macca making it as hard as possible and bunching me into the pack. I made a move just before the tunnel and then disaster struck... Lost wing Me and Macca all over the place but thankfully a virtual safety car meant I lost not as much time as possible. Fighting back for a 4th place was particularly pleasing and I managed to extend the gap to Dave and only lose 6pts to Coco as a result of a Robert win. You get favours in all the strangest paces sometimes!

Canada -  A return to form Not too much to say about Canada. I qualified on the Ultras by accident, I was bored and didn't want to wait for my last run and set a really good time that put me in a great 4th. Being able to 1 stop here was crucial and after wave crashed out, I had quite a comfy gap and maintained it. Coco laboured to a 3rd place meaning the gap was now back up to 14 points! I t felt nice to control a race from the front but it wasn't without it's moments I assure you. 

France - A lesson and a triumph I hate this track. I had barely time to practice but hoped to again keep my lead. I always maintained if I had the title lead after here I wouldn't lose it so for me personally I needed at least 4th to keep that promise.

I got in an incident in the 1st corner and found myself dead last. I managed to keep my cool and came through the field to finish 4th and found myself in a position to really think about the title, letting Wave through could in hindsight be a mistake but the fact it meant he won and caused Coco to finish 2nd meant my lead stays at 11 points going into my favourite track in the game. A long season is ahead but so far so good really, going into the break I feel that there is still many variables at hand and I don't think I am good at many tracks past Italy so i need to try and build a sizable lead. I think this was the first time me Wave and Coco shared a podium since Bahrain but I am guessing that it will happen again a lot sooner this time around.