Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• 2022 Season 3 Signups are now open !

Hi Guest, Signups for Season 3 are currently open to all members!
    Please visit the new series forums for all the details or click here to sign up.

Please note that our GT3 Sprint Series is already full!

A bit of Pre-Season fun!

Gunner

Organizer
Formula 3 Series 2022/S2
Name
Matthew Gunderson
iRacing ID
Well here we are for another season in the F3 with yet another full grid!  Great to see so many returning, and always nice to see some new faces as well.

This year, I have had a brainstorm for a bit of a pre-season fun.  My fellow organizers and managers think I am crazy, but they have not removed my ability to post yet so too bad.  Instead of hosting a race (not to say that still won't happen) I have something you can tackle at your leisure.  A bit of a challenge if you will  :twisted:.  Attached to this post is a setup I have made.  It is glorious, in the respect that I have made it nearly un-drivable.  The goal here is take this setup, DO NOT MODIFY IT AT ALL (Gentleman agreement here, don't be a cheater!) and run a lap around Jefferson reverse circuit at Summit Point.  Post your laptimes in this thread for a friendly competition of who is fast in a truly awful car!  As a reward for the winner, if you travel to Saskatchewan, I will buy you a beer.  Otherwise you get a virtual high five, which is still pretty cool.  I don't just hand those out to anyone you know.

As a starter, I have managed a 51.695.  I expect to be beat by at least 5 seconds haha.  It took me about 6 attempts to even get 1 complete lap in.

For you fast guys, I just want you to know this is how it feels every week for me when I hop in the car  :lol:

Attachments

• worstsetupintheworld.sto
    2.9 KB · Views: 9

TRG

Director
Staff member
Formula 3 Series 2022/S2
Name
Tyler Gore
iRacing ID
P1 James L David 46.834 
P2 Kevin Santana 47.182
P3 Paul Wildridge 48.355
P4 Matt Gunderson - 49.832
P5 Owen McLachlan - 50.150
P6 Tyler Gore - 51.606

Gunner

Organizer
Formula 3 Series 2022/S2
Name
Matthew Gunderson
iRacing ID
Wingnut said:
I take it brake bias change is not to be changed either?  Just clarifying as it can be changed in the car on the fly. 

Let's go with no brake bias changes, although this makes me feel like I missed an opportunity to max it out to the rears! 

Wingnut

Premium Member
Name
Kevin Santana
iRacing ID
That was fun to try to drive. Hard as hell as even the crest of the road was enough to cause issues. I had almost twice as many incidents as laps. Lol

Gunner

Organizer
Formula 3 Series 2022/S2
Name
Matthew Gunderson
iRacing ID
In an effort to not be so heavily outdone by my teammates, I have improved to a 49.832.  Thank you Mr. Santana for proving that even in a garbage car, the fast guys are still in another league!  :lol:

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    669.1 KB · Views: 109

Gunner

Organizer
Formula 3 Series 2022/S2
Name
Matthew Gunderson
iRacing ID
Paul I reluctantly accept your time even though you are not in the series.  I was going to assess a 1sec penalty, then realized you would still be faster than me  :lol:

andyspicer

Name
Andy Spicer
iRacing ID
Wingnut said:
That was fun to try to drive. Hard as hell as even the crest of the road was enough to cause issues. I had almost twice as many incidents as laps. Lol

I find it reasonably easy. I suppose it has something to do with the fact that it drives a lot like my normal sets and we are going backwards on the track which I'm often doing after spins. It all feels very familiar.

bonaduce

Premium Member
Name
Daniel Barnett
iRacing ID
I attempted running Jefferson Circuit in reverse.  It no go well

lafcam93

Name
James David
iRacing ID
46.834 !!

James David ;-) that was really something to drive wow! i did 14 full laps