Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• 2022/S4 - Seasonal prizes draw!

Hi Guest, The list of eligible drivers to the 2022/S4 end of season draw is now available! We will be doing a live event on Discord on Sunday December 11th at 9pm EDT!
    Click here for more details and to see the list of eligible drivers.

2021/S3 Series Signups are up for returning drivers!

jeromef1

League Owner
Staff member
GT4 Fixed Series 2022/S4
GT3 Sprint Series 2023/S1
Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
Hi everyone! @NASCAR Truck Series 2021/S3

2021/S3 series signups are now up!! As you will notice, we made A LOT of changes for 2021/S3!

NEW SERIES STRUCTURE
First, you will notice we splitted our series into two categories; Pro and Amateur. As announced a few weeks ealier, we are moving into a structure where we will have 2 series running per night! We are starting with Road and will apply same format for Ovals in the future. By doing so, we managed to split Amateur and Pro drivers in two different sessions. Also note, that both Amateur and Pro series will share the same broadcast! To make it possible, we needed to slighty change the qualifying start time of these series. Amateur series qualifying will start at 8:30pm EDT and qualifying for Pro series will be at 9:30pm EDT.

Pro and Amateur series will not be running the same cars. For road, we will support GT4, GT3, GTE, Formula Renault 3.5, and Dallara F3. Here is a summary of our series:
  • NASCAR Cup Series / Sunday
  • GT4 Amateur Series / Monday (maximum 2500 iRating)
  • GT3 Pro Series / Monday (minimum 2200 iRating)
  • GT3 Amateur Series / Tuesday (maximum 2500 iRating)
  • GTE Pro Series / Tuesday (minimum 2200 iRating)
  • NASCAR Truck Series / Wednesday
  • Formula 3 Amateur Series / Thursday (maximum 2500 iRating)
  • Formula 3.5 Pro Series / Thursday (minimum 2200 iRating)
Returning 2021/S2 drivers who completed at least 5 races don't have to met the iRating criteria however, management will review all the registrations of all drivers below 2200 iRating in the Pro series.

Why have we changed the structure? For multiple reasons! First, we wanted to split Amateur and Pro drivers to provide a better racing experience to the community. Second factor is that we needed to expand! Season after season we needed to refund and close the door to some drivers because we were limited on seats. By doubling our program, we will allow more people to join! Another important point of our expansion initiative was that we wanted to bring something new and unique to the community. Why not trying to reproduce a real life racing experience? When you go to race weekend (grand prix or a race at your local track) there's always some support series before the main event. That's exactly what we are trying to reproduce with this new structure. We know we can't please everyone, but we are sure this decision is for the best for the PRL community.

NEW SIGNUPS FEES
With the addition of 3 new series in our offering, we had to review our operational expenses and as a result, we have decided to increase signups fees. Why? Because everything cost more and more (broadcast, website, forum, tools, etc...). Starting next season, signups price will be $20 USD per series. However, we have created a coupon code for our Premium members!! So if you are a Premium member, which we strongly suggest, you get a 25% discount meaning the signups fees will be $15 USD for Premium members. In addition to that, we are working a lot since a few weeks to get new sponsors that will provide products/services that we will give back to the community every season.

Coupon code: PREMIUM
**Note that if you pay entry fee at $20 as a non-premium and later get premium membership, we won't send you $5 refund**

SEASON PRIZES!
Good news for our members!! Starting next season, we will be drawing prizes provided by our generous sponsors! Before we present the prizes, here are the eligibility criterias and rules:

- Must be a premium members
- Must have attended 7 races out of 10 in 2021/S3
- The below prize list is for all 8 series we support

Based on the above, here's the available draw prizes:
  • RaceLab Apps will be giving 20x 3-month Pro licenses (value of $280 USD)
  • The ButtKicker will be giving a ButtKicker Gamer2 kit (value of 180$ USD)
  • PRL will be giving 10x 2021/S4 free entries (value of $200 USD)
Please support our sponsors by adding their logo on your car paint!!

We hope to see you all next season!!

Last edited:

Paul48

Premium Member
NASCAR Truck Series 2022/S4
NASCAR Xfinity Series 2023/S1
Name
Thomas Sink
iRacing ID
I keep seeing the word Prizes in this argument. To me personally, could care less about any prize. I give a !@#$ about any prize and I sure don't want to be financially supporting any prize system. I join PRL to race with my friend Sammy and to have fun. I wanted something casual and he sold it to me as such. He introduced me to others like John, Brad, Charles and Austin. Their now some of my bestfriends, they know everything about me. They know my GF, we've talked about met ups, etc.

I sat back and was okay with having to pay a entry fee of $10 USC. It was a chance to race with my friends and it made sense as a broadcast was now in the picture. The broadcast without a doubt has helped the league, it's brought added drivers, some good, some awful, but at the end of the day it was necessary to keep the racing with my friends. As it became more popular, I was forced to purchase a premium membership. A Premium Membership sold to all of us at the time, as a 1 TIME FEE of $45 USC. This would secure us a chance to race due to new driver's paying their way into the league. Okay, PRL for the most part was decent and again I was able to meet others and build more friendships. Didn't give two shits about a prize...

Fast forward just a few months later and that 1 TIME FEE is now an annual fee. Like majority opinion of others, we all felt deceived. We'd all purchased this Premium Membership in the thoughts it was a 1 TIME FEE. In normal business practice I'd call it false advertising. False Advertising that could if not would get a company sued and likely run out of business. Again, I looked the other way to enjoy my time with my friends. Friends some of which are now leaving. The OG's of PRL leaving...

Today I wake up to many many more messages in reference to yet again another price increase. I searched the message back, and nothing about why it's being increased. I see speculation of an increase in these Prizes, to supporting a driver monetarily. Friends worried they can't afford to race with their friends. Some of which that have been racing PRL for years before me. First thing I think of is, !@#$ how am I going to afford to keep racing with my friends every year. Then came anger, Prizes! I don't care about any prizes. I know, I'll get on my computer look into the forums and see what's really happening. To my disappointment, as I skim the forums, there is more about prizes. Unprofessional bickering about this issue, instead of explanation to specify why there's an increase.

In the end, the league will go on. It'll continue to go up in price, till all the OG's are almost gone. Turn over will be high, but as long as the money is coming in, it'll be overlooked. An easier way to sell increases is to point out exactly why it's going up. Be transparent not defensive. Is it broadcasting, servers or website fees? If so, say it! GSRC raised their price to... the website now cost... That would've sufficed, but no were arguing about prizes and negativity. Take a chapter out of Charles book. If you don't have anything nice to say about someone, don't put it in the forums. It's not the place for it.

jeromef1

League Owner
Staff member
GT4 Fixed Series 2022/S4
GT3 Sprint Series 2023/S1
Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
Thanks for the feedback Paul, I understand the disappointment. I've adjusted the wording in the original post. I though operational expenses was enough, but I think it's misunderstood. I hope you understand that we can't publicly share our expenses for privacy purposes. Basically, without going into details, everything is more expensive :(. When we are talking about operational expenses, it means broadcast, website, forum, tools, etc...

I hope this make everything more clear!

Paul48

Premium Member
NASCAR Truck Series 2022/S4
NASCAR Xfinity Series 2023/S1
Name
Thomas Sink
iRacing ID
Then you need to just say it. The more you try to hide about the league and it's finances, makes it look like you have something to hide. Especially banning something voicing their opinion. Transparency is your friend when it comes to public relations. I don't think it would've been a huge discussion if you just came out and told everyone why.