Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

2021/S3 New Road Series Format

jeromef1

Director
Staff member
Full Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
@LMP2/GTE Sportscar Series 2021/S2

Hi everyone!

Due to recent events happened in each Monday, Tuesday and Thursday road series during past seasons, PRL management team met together to try to find a solution. As you all know, we have drivers from 1000 iRating up to 8000, so we needed to find a solution where we can separate the amateur drivers from the pro. We tried that a few times over the years but it never worked because the amateur races were not broadcasted.

But now they will!! With the help of GSRC, we will try a format where we will double stack the broadcast! Two races in one night!! More entertainment for our fans! With such format, we will be able to separate the amateur from the pro!

Starting next season, here is the format of each Monday, Tuesday and Thursday night.
**iRating requirements to be reviewed
**Format subject to slight changes
**All series will be open setup
**All qualification will be solo 4 laps / 10 min.
**Previous season drivers don't have to met iRating criteria (case by case basis)

Monday
  • PRL GT4 Amateur Series (minimum 1000 iRating, maximum 2500)
    • Qualifying at 8pm, Race at 8:10pm (30 min.)
    • Follow IMSA Michelin Pilot schedule
  • PRL GT3 Pro Series (minimum 2200 iRating, no maximum)
    • Qualifying at 9pm, Race at 9:10pm (40 min.)
    • Follow VRS Spint Series
Tuesday
  • PRL GT3 Amateur Series (minimum 1000 iRating, maximum 2500)
    • Follow VRS Sprint Series
  • PRL GTE Pro Series (minimum 2200 iRating, no maximum)
    • Qualifying at 9pm, Race at 9:10pm (45-60 min.)
    • Follow IMSA Hargerty
Thursday
  • PRL Dallara F3 Amateur Series (minimum 1000 iRating, maximum 2500)
    • Follow iRacing F3 series
  • PRL Formula Renault 3.5 Pro Series (minimum 2200 iRating, no maximum)
    • Qualifying at 9pm, Race at 9:10pm (45 min.) / Open setup
    • Follow F3.5 series
Following this new structure, we may have to review signups fees. More details will be provided soon.

With the addition of 3 new series, we are confident we will grow in a positive way our community and connect more drivers together!

Feel free to comment this change here in a respective manner. We know this decision may not please all drivers, we understand, but please share your thoughts in a diplomatic way.

You can also provide us suggestion through our suggestion form!

Full Name
Vincent Trépanier
iRacing ID
Hello, I really like the idea of putting drivers with the same race pace together. which will give everyone a better chance to get closer to the podium. the only downside I find is that these sets are 30 to 60 minutes too early for my schedule. is it possible to keep the same race schedule (start of qualifying at 9pm) but do it a day earlier?

Full Name
Patrick Arsenault
iRacing ID
Hello, I really like the idea of putting drivers with the same race pace together. which will give everyone a better chance to get closer to the podium. the only downside I find is that these sets are 30 to 60 minutes too early for my schedule. is it possible to keep the same race schedule (start of qualifying at 9pm) but do it a day earlier?
I like Vincent’s idea. We could have the amateur series one night and pro series an other night. Plus, if we can race with people around the same pace, it will be even more exciting for the drivers and for the viewers too.

Full Name
Vincent Trépanier
iRacing ID
I like Vincent’s idea. We could have the amateur series one night and pro series an other night. Plus, if we can race with people around the same pace, it will be even more exciting for the drivers and for the viewers too.
My problem is that I have 2 children and they go to bed around 8pm so for the qualifiers which start at 8pm, unfortunately it's too early for me.

jeromef1

Director
Staff member
Full Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
Remember guys that we have series on Monday night as well. We know that we can't please everyone, but intead of rejecting drivers because we don't have enough room or they don't have enough iRating, we prefer to extand our product offerings so we can please maximum of people.

Full Name
Vincent Trépanier
iRacing ID
Remember guys that we have series on Monday night as well. We know that we can't please everyone, but intead of rejecting drivers because we don't have enough room or they don't have enough iRating, we prefer to extand our product offerings so we can please maximum of people.
Je comprends ton point aussi Jérôme dans le but de prendre de l'expansion pour la ligue. Dans ce cas, est-ce possible de faire un échange de course? Présentement, les Rookies coursent à 8h et meilleurs coursent à 9h. Serait-il possible de faire un échange, faire courser les meilleurs à 8h et les Rookies à 9h juste pour une soirée, soit le lundi ou le mardi pour les courses GT? De cette manière, au moins je vais pouvoir courser avec du monde de mon pace à 9h et permettre à d'autres personnes qui sont dans la même situation que moi, à moins que je le seul😛😉!!!

Qu'est-ce que tu en pense jeromef1 ?

Full Name
Patrick Arsenault
iRacing ID
Je comprends ton point aussi Jérôme dans le but de prendre de l'expansion pour la ligue. Dans ce cas, est-ce possible de faire un échange de course? Présentement, les Rookies coursent à 8h et meilleurs coursent à 9h. Serait-il possible de faire un échange, faire courser les meilleurs à 8h et les Rookies à 9h juste pour une soirée, soit le lundi ou le mardi pour les courses GT? De cette manière, au moins je vais pouvoir courser avec du monde de mon pace à 9h et permettre à d'autres personnes qui sont dans la même situation que moi, à moins que je le seul😛😉!!!

Qu'est-ce que tu en pense jeromef1 ?
J’ai un kid aussi donc tu n’es pas le seul Vincent 😉

jeromef1

Director
Staff member
Full Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
Vincent Trépanier Patrick Arsenault

If possible, can you please reply in english? Maybe other members would be interested in what you're saying 😊

To answer you, I'm in the same situation, one kid and a second coming in September. However, I already talked with my GF and we will make that happens. In the bed time routine, what's hard for us is the bath + bed time after. So we will simply give the bath earlier and she will put them into bed. She knows it's important for me and she accepts that. On another night in the week she will go to gym and I will do the bed routine. I'm only sharing my opinion here as a dad hehe, I understand each family is different and I respect that. But again, like I said in the original post, we cant please everyone and we needed to find a solution that fits better everyone.

Also, PRL is growing season after season. We needed to find a way to stop refusing drivers. We want to grow the community and connect more people together.

Pacific time drivers are also impacted by this, but they are less then 10% of our core group,so again, we needed to take a business decision.

As for having the Amateur race after the Pro, it's like if we are asking F1 to run before F2. .. It's not how it's working in racing world unfortunately and it's not something our sponsors will appreciate. We try to reproduce real life racing experience to our community by trying to reproduce same sort of program of a grand prix weekend/day.

As for the Pro series. We still need to review minimum iRating, but we think 2200 iRating is achievable for most people. If I take example of you Vincent and Patrick, you surely have the skills to get it there! Two seasons ago, my iRating was 1600 and it's now 2100. Like you, I have a family and, also, I'm managing PRL but I still found the time to race in official occasionally to get my iRating up. If I can do it, you can!!

I know I repeat myself, but we can't please everyone and we need to go with the majority. PRL is growing, so our business decision need to be adjust to follow the vibe.

If this new format isn't working next season, you can be sure we will find another solution. We are passionated and dedicated to PRL and we will always do the best for our community.

Thanks for your comment, we like to hear your stories, it helps us to understand our members reality.

Full Name
Vincent Trépanier
iRacing ID
Vincent Trépanier Patrick Arsenault

If possible, can you please reply in english? Maybe other members would be interested in what you're saying 😊

To answer you, I'm in the same situation, one kid and a second coming in September. However, I already talked with my GF and we will make that happens. In the bed time routine, what's hard for us is the bath + bed time after. So we will simply give the bath earlier and she will put them into bed. She knows it's important for me and she accepts that. On another night in the week she will go to gym and I will do the bed routine. I'm only sharing my opinion here as a dad hehe, I understand each family is different and I respect that. But again, like I said in the original post, we cant please everyone and we needed to find a solution that fits better everyone.

Also, PRL is growing season after season. We needed to find a way to stop refusing drivers. We want to grow the community and connect more people together.

Pacific time drivers are also impacted by this, but they are less then 10% of our core group,so again, we needed to take a business decision.

As for having the Amateur race after the Pro, it's like if we are asking F1 to run before F2. .. It's not how it's working in racing world unfortunately and it's not something our sponsors will appreciate. We try to reproduce real life racing experience to our community by trying to reproduce same sort of program of a grand prix weekend/day.

As for the Pro series. We still need to review minimum iRating, but we think 2200 iRating is achievable for most people. If I take example of you Vincent and Patrick, you surely have the skills to get it there! Two seasons ago, my iRating was 1600 and it's now 2100. Like you, I have a family and, also, I'm managing PRL but I still found the time to race in official occasionally to get my iRating up. If I can do it, you can!!

I know I repeat myself, but we can't please everyone and we need to go with the majority. PRL is growing, so our business decision need to be adjust to follow the vibe.

If this new format isn't working next season, you can be sure we will find another solution. We are passionated and dedicated to PRL and we will always do the best for our community.

Thanks for your comment, we like to hear your stories, it helps us to understand our members reality.
Hi jeromef1 , it's true that after reflection, as you say, playing the pro at 8am and the amateur at 9am, it's true that it's illogical, thinking about it lol. 🤣

And excuse me for the text in French, since we were 2 from Quebec, I hadn't thought of the other guys in the series.😉

lafcam93

Premium Member
Full Name
James David
iRacing ID
@LMP2/GTE Sportscar Series 2021/S2

Hi everyone!

Due to recent events happened in each Monday, Tuesday and Thursday road series during past seasons, PRL management team met together to try to find a solution. As you all know, we have drivers from 1000 iRating up to 8000, so we needed to find a solution where we can separate the amateur drivers from the pro. We tried that a few times over the years but it never worked because the amateur races were not broadcasted.

But now they will!! With the help of GSRC, we will try a format where we will double stack the broadcast! Two races in one night!! More entertainment for our fans! With such format, we will be able to separate the amateur from the pro!

Starting next season, here is the format of each Monday, Tuesday and Thursday night.
**iRating requirements to be reviewed
**Format subject to slight changes
**All series will be open setup
**All qualification will be solo 4 laps / 10 min.
**Previous season drivers don't have to met iRating criteria (case by case basis)

Monday
  • PRL GT4 Amateur Series (minimum 1000 iRating, maximum 2500)
    • Follow IMSA Michelin Pilot schedule
  • PRL GT3 Pro Series (minimum 2200 iRating, no maximum)
    • Qualifying at 9pm, Race at 9:10pm (40 min.)
    • Follow VRS Spint Series
Tuesday
  • PRL GT3 Amateur Series (minimum 1000 iRating, maximum 2500)
    • Follow VRS Sprint Series
  • PRL GTE Pro Series (minimum 2200 iRating, no maximum)
    • Qualifying at 9pm, Race at 9:10pm (45-60 min.)
    • Follow IMSA Hargerty
Thursday
  • PRL Dallara F3 Amateur Series (minimum 1000 iRating, maximum 2500)
    • Follow iRacing F3 series
  • PRL Formula Renault 3.5 Pro Series (minimum 2200 iRating, no maximum)
    • Qualifying at 9pm, Race at 9:10pm (45 min.) / Open setup
    • Follow F3.5 series
Following this new structure, we may have to review signups fees. More details will be provided soon.

With the addition of 3 new series, we are confident we will grow in a positive way our community and connect more drivers together!

Feel free to comment this change here in a respective manner. We know this decision may not please all drivers, we understand, but please share your thoughts in a diplomatic way.

You can also provide us suggestion through our suggestion form!

I like the new proposed format ! i think it will be a good thing!

teddywoods72

Premium Member
Full Name
Ted Loewendick
iRacing ID
I’m sad to see LMP2 leave the Tuesday 9PM slot...slightly selfish because most of the quicker drivers drive LMP2 and it moved me into a battle for GTE Top 5, instead of Top 10 🤣

jeromef1

Director
Staff member
Full Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
Earlier this week, we had a call with GSRC and here is the format we will have for AM/PRO.

Amateur
8:30pm = 10 min. qualifying
8:40pm = 40 min. race
9:20pm = GSRC shows the results and announced they are getting back for the Pro series

During the transition, GSRC will show the track guide of Pro race and sponsors

Pro
9:30pm = 10 min. qualifying
GSRC will be able to interview one or two amateur drivers during the qualifying show of Pro
9:40pm = 40-45min. race
And so on...

We think it's the best balance :)

Full Name
Patrick Arsenault
iRacing ID
Earlier this week, we had a call with GSRC and here is the format we will have for AM/PRO.

Amateur
9:20pm = GSRC shows the results and announced they are getting back for the Pro series

Pro
GSRC will be able to interview one or two amateur drivers during the qualifying show of Pro
And so on...

We think it's the best bala

Amateur

Pro
And so on...

Only GTE and Tuesday night?

Full Name
Vincent Trépanier
iRacing ID

Amateur

Pro
And so on...

l like this schedule, good job jeromef1 !!!😉