Round 3: Phillip Island Circuit (Jan 13 2020)

MONDAY | Practice @ 6pm | Qualifying @ 9pm | Race @ 9:05pm (EST)
Season start on December 16th and end on March 2nd
Gary Schilling
Organiser
United States of America
Full Name: Gary Schilling
Main Platform: PC
iRacing ID: Gary Schilling

Re: Round 3: Phillip Island Circuit (Jan 13 2020)

Post by Gary Schilling » Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:40 am

We need to find a way to get members more involved with feedback.
Rd 1 had a huge turn out.
I know there were a couple of problem drivers.
But it would be nice to get input from more that a few drivers.
Is the more involvement on Discord than here ?
0 x

Mark Phile
Organiser
United States of America
Full Name: Mark Phile
iRacing ID: Mark Phile

Post by Mark Phile » Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:49 am

Gary Schilling wrote: We need to find a way to get members more involved with feedback.
Rd 1 had a huge turn out.
I know there were a couple of problem drivers.
But it would be nice to get input from more that a few drivers.
Is the more involvement on Discord than here ?
Not really, nothing more than the available *** busting 
0 x
Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers...

Gary Schilling
Organiser
United States of America
Full Name: Gary Schilling
iRacing ID: Gary Schilling

Post by Gary Schilling » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:17 am

Only thing I can think of is to post something on the TCR page on iRacing regarding why people have left.
It would be good info {if people reply} before moving on to another car {GT3----GT3----GT3} :)
Which I know Jerome has been against it in the past.
0 x

TheGreatC81
Organiser
United States of America
Full Name: David Cristelli
iRacing ID: David Cristelli

Post by TheGreatC81 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:47 pm

The problem I have with doing open GT3 is that Monday nights was supposed to be a casual, "hour of practice and then race for the fun of it" kind of thing. If we do GT3 with open sets, it will draw more people, but will also be just as competitive as GTE and F3. If that's what PRL wants to do with Monday's, that's management's prerogative, but speaking for myself, I'm not interested.

We can talk more about next season as it approaches, though. No need to start that argument before it's due.
0 x

ViperX12
Rookie Member
Canada
Full Name: Giovanni Romano

Post by ViperX12 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:23 pm

I'll give my two cents here as it seems you guys are looking for some feedback. Here's some of the reasons why I think participation has dropped:
  1. Long layover between rounds one and two for the holiday season. That gave a lot of time for people to either forget about the series, or to become disinterested.
  2. A lot of unpopular tracks on the schedule. Some people aren't interested in buying the lesser used tracks, thus lower turnout. I understand this is a balancing act though because no one wants to race the same popular tracks all of the time either.
  3. Interest in the car in general is waning. The new toy effect has worn off. Even participation in the official series has dropped off substantially this season. North American friendly time slots pretty much never split, and sometimes struggle to even go official depending on the track. This is probably the biggest reason for the low turnout in my opinion.
As for next season, if you're looking for good participation I'd recommend the upcoming Porsche GT4. Being a new car there should be plenty of people looking to race it.
3 x

Mark Phile
Organiser
United States of America
Full Name: Mark Phile
iRacing ID: Mark Phile

Post by Mark Phile » Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:23 pm

ViperX12 wrote: I'll give my two cents here as it seems you guys are looking for some feedback. Here's some of the reasons why I think participation has dropped:
  1. Long layover between rounds one and two for the holiday season. That gave a lot of time for people to either forget about the series, or to become disinterested.
  2. A lot of unpopular tracks on the schedule. Some people aren't interested in buying the lesser used tracks, thus lower turnout. I understand this is a balancing act though because no one wants to race the same popular tracks all of the time either.
  3. Interest in the car in general is waning. The new toy effect has worn off. Even participation in the official series has dropped off substantially this season. North American friendly time slots pretty much never split, and sometimes struggle to even go official depending on the track. This is probably the biggest reason for the low turnout in my opinion.
As for next season, if you're looking for good participation I'd recommend the upcoming Porsche GT4. Being a new car there should be plenty of people looking to race it.
Some valid points here, we will have to make some changes next season if given the chance 👍, and thanks for chiming in, glad someone is paying attention besides us orgs 😁
3 x
Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers...

Return to “Monday Audi TCR Series [2020/S1] - Sponsored by Apex Button Box”