Welcome to the PRL GTE Sportscar Series! 2020/S1 will feature GTE Cars (Ferrari 488 GTE, Ford GT - 2017, Porsche 911 RSR, and BMW M8 GTE)
This series is broadcasted on the iRacing eSports Network by the Global Sim Racing Channel!
Series Organizers: Cristian Eissler (Ozymandias), Gary Schilling (Gary Schilling), Dany Duchesne (SharkV), & Jerome Berthiaume (jeromef1)
INFORMATION & FAQ
When does the season start and end? 2020/S1 will start on December 10th and will end on February 25th. There will be 2 weeks off due to the Holidays. There will be no racing on December 24th or December 31st.
How many races in the season? There will be 10 races in the season.
Is there any drop week? Each driver gets 1 drop week. There is no drop week for Team Championship but drivers' drop week are taken into account in the team standings. The Season Finale race will not be allowed to count as a drop week, only Races 1-9.
What day/time do races start? Races are on Tuesday. The session start at 6:20pm with the qualifying at 9pm (EDT).
How many seats are available? There is a maximum of 42 seats available. We will create 2 divisions if we reach 60+ signups. Multiple divisions information is available in the Rules document.
How can I register? To register, you must first read the entire thread. After, at the bottom, you will find a Google Form that you'll need to fill. There is a $10 USD fee to complete registration.
Why are you charging entry fee? We are charging a $10 entry fee to help us cover the broadcast expenses. Even with entry fees, we don't have enough money to cover the broadcast, so this is why we need sponsors as well.
How can I make sure I'll have a seat? Here is the seat priority for this series:
- Full time seats will only be assigned to drivers who have shown good participation in their past PRL seasons, and to new drivers (innocent until proven guilty).
- Premium Members will always have a full time seat as soon as they sign up 1 week before the season start.
- Last season's drivers will be assigned to a full time seats prior to the new drivers as soon as they sign up 1 week before the season start. To be considered as a returning driver, you must have attended a minimum of 5 races.
- If you sign up but have not shown good participation in the past, you may be placed to the waiting list. If you get a full time seat, you'll have to prove us you can attend each race.
How can I become a Premium member? Click here
for more information about the Premium Membership! Note that it is not mandatory.
Do I need to have a specific license, iRating or Safety Rating? New drivers need a minimum iRating of 1300, and minimum road license of C 2.0. This can be reviewed by organizers and mangers.
Can I register as part of a team? Of course! But each driver of the team must create an account on the PRL forum and register for the series.
What happens if I'm removed from the full time driver list? You may be moved to the waiting list for one of the reason mentioned above. If you have paid and being moved on the Waiting list, you'll be refunded. If there is a seat that becomes free, you will be contacted by email or on the iRacing website.
What is the structure of a race day?
- Race Day: Tuesday
- Practice: 6:20pm EDT (160 minutes)
- Qualifying: 9:00pm EDT (15 minutes)
- Race: 9:15pm EDT (60 minutes)
Is it open or fixed setup? 2020/S1 is open setup.
What is the points system? The full scoring system is available in the Rules document.
What happens if iRacing adjust the BoP during the season? If the BoP is adjusted by iRacing during the season, we will allow drivers to change their car (1-time only). Drivers will have two weeks to do it and they can't revert it back. If there is no BoP adjustment by iRacing, drivers are not allowed to change their car during the season.
RULES & SETTINGS
All Official PRL Championship’s shall adhere to the site-wide PRL Rules
& iRacing Sporting Code
. All rules mentioned below surpass PRL & iRacing Sporting Code rules.
It is mandatory to read the rules document. If you are not following rules, you may received a penalty or be excluded from the series.
In favor to help us cover the broadcast expenses, we are asking all members a $10 entry fee.
- The entry fee isn't refundable as soon as the season starts
- You will be removed from the driver list of you haven't paid a week prior the season start
- If you have paid and are moved to the waiting list because a Premium member or returning driver signup and the list is full, you'll be refunded.
- If you are on the waiting list, at the moment we are contacting you to give you a full time seat, you'll only have to pay for the remaining races ($1 per race).
- If we have two divisions, division 2 drivers must still pay and we will redistribute the money as gift during the season.