NEW IRACING CHAMPIONSHIPS SIGNUPS ARE UP!

Race 5: Talladega Superspeedway (Oct 13)

**Broadcasted** | SUNDAY | Practice @ 6pm | Qualifying @ 9pm | Race @ 9:05pm (EDT)
Season start on September 15th and end on November 17th
Hootius
Manager
United States of America
Full Name: Charles Sumner
Main Platform: PC

Race 5: Talladega Superspeedway (Oct 13)

Post by Hootius » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:23 pm

Race Time of Day: 14:50 (official is 12:40)
Race Length: 50 laps
Max Incidents: 17
Fuel Limit: 100%
Start: Rolling
Fast Repair: 0
0 x
iRacing Oval Manager & PRL Oval Steward
Career PRL Stats
15 Wins - 85 Top-5's - 11 Poles - 8 Fastest Laps
Project Cars GT3 Drivers Champion
5-Time PRL Team Champion

Twitch.tv/OldManHoot
Twitter.com/Hootius

Hootius
Manager
United States of America

Re: Race 5: Talladega Superspeedway (Oct 13)

Post by Hootius » Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:05 am

Pre-Race Interview

1. The Cup cars feel more stable than the Trucks on Wednesday. Will this provide better racing? Or do you think we'll have a big one early due to a false sense of security? 

2. Do you love or hate restrictor plate weeks in iRacing where the big 3 official series are all at plate tracks for the whole week?
0 x
Career PRL Stats
5-Time PRL Team Champion

Twitch.tv/OldManHoot
Twitter.com/Hootius

AWD_Racing
Premium Member
United States of America
Full Name: Alan Dobbs

Post by AWD_Racing » Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:06 am

Hootius wrote: Pre-Race Interview

1. The Cup cars feel more stable than the Trucks on Wednesday. Will this provide better racing? Or do you think we'll have a big one early due to a false sense of security? 

2. Do you love or hate restrictor plate weeks in iRacing where the big 3 official series are all at plate tracks for the whole week?
1. It should, but it'll depend on how aggressive people are. Hopefully everyone can remain fairly calm until after pit stops.

2. I love it, have to be careful until the bad drivers have wrecked out but I tend to do well in plate races. 
0 x

Eric Roberts
Premium Member
United States of America
Full Name: Eric Roberts

Post by Eric Roberts » Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:29 am

I have noticed this week that close side drafting at certain areas of the track can cause a loose feeling, outside of that I think it's stable. Seems to start blinking water temp faster though.

I really only mess with the A car now. Having all 3 does get a little old, though every mile and half is flat out for a few laps too.
0 x

Hootius
Manager
United States of America

Post by Hootius » Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:18 pm

1. As Eric mentioned, I think the water temps getting cooked might be a bigger factor than handling if peeps get too tunneled vision. That actually happened in the Friday night NIS race, 3rd place blew his motor in front of the entire pack.

2. Hate it. Plate racing is my least favorite so it limits my options on these weeks.
0 x
Career PRL Stats
5-Time PRL Team Champion

Twitch.tv/OldManHoot
Twitter.com/Hootius

XSYSE
Elite Member
United States of America
Full Name: Rob Besaw
Main Platform: PS4

Post by XSYSE » Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:43 pm

1. Same as everyone else, pits and a light rear end caused wrecks in trucks, this should be green till the end, engine temps may be an issue at the end.

2. Love the racing absolutely hate this week for IR and SR, front or back didnt matter once a spin happens it's all luck, slow down...speed up, go high , go low there is no right answer
0 x
Career PRL STATS
PC2: Wins- 3. Pole-4 Podium-10 Points- 2nd
IRacing: Wins-1. Pole-3 Podium-5 Points-4th
Fastest Lap-1

Robert Besaw JR

fotors3
Organiser
United States of America
Full Name: Brandon Walter

Post by fotors3 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:21 pm

Hootius wrote: Pre-Race Interview

1. I think it will help us to stay pretty sane until the end of the race, then the big one will probably happen. 

2. Hate it. I know I can compete well at these tracks but idiots other drivers take me out in stupid wrecks. lol. 
0 x
#99 Inline 309 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 for Whataback Racing
#99 Inline 309 Chevrolet Silverado for Whataback Racing
PRL Victories: 1

Eric Roberts
Premium Member
United States of America
Full Name: Eric Roberts

Post by Eric Roberts » Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:08 am

Wanted to apologize to the driver I made contact with that brought out the caution on lap 45. I saw the motor blow 2 or 3 cars in front, I backed off, and tried to stay off you. I thought you had it saved, and then all hell broke loose. All I remember it was a white car. so sorry man wish things had worked out differently.
0 x

fotors3
Organiser
United States of America
Full Name: Brandon Walter

Post by fotors3 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:04 am

Fun yet stressful race last night. Avoided the big one. Kept the car pretty clean. Though I didn't anticipate the wheel spin I would have starting 4th on the last restart. The 911 and 67 got together and it was just me, the 29, 16 and 55. Was hoping Frank and I could power to the front. I'll take P3 though, I'm pretty happy with that. Nice win Rachel!
0 x
#99 Inline 309 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 for Whataback Racing
#99 Inline 309 Chevrolet Silverado for Whataback Racing
PRL Victories: 1

Hootius
Manager
United States of America

Post by Hootius » Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:35 am

Hey crew, not to spread our dirty laundry out on the forums, but everybody deserves the know the outcome of the drama that happened during the race and the 1st and 2nd caution last night.

1st, I want to address the actions by Josue and Paul.  The only reason that they were in the position they were at was due to pit cycling. They were not lap down cars that were off pace or anything of that nature. Had it been any real track, the lead pack would have never seen those 2 because fresh tires would have taken over and that would be that, it's pit strategy.  They had the right to try to keep themselves on the lead lap in case of caution was to come out and their strategy would have worked to their advantage. This was no different then when a handful of us Whataback guys did on Wednesday, when we pitted early, and then held the bottom line when the front pack (late pitters) caught us. I reviewed the replays, the moves they made to control both lines were not blocks or very late maneuvers, nor was there a big enough of a speed discrepancy to make it dangerous in the eyes of the Stewards. Their moves were no different then anything else we were doing up front throughout that race. While it provided an extra variable for the leaders to think about as we were in the midst of pit cycling, there was no rules broken nor was there anything dirty on their part in PRL standards.

What this lead to was very unfortunate decisions made by one Alan Dobbs. He was found at fault for bump drafting the quarter panel of Josue, which triggered the 1st caution. Half a lap before, he did the same bump which in all rights could have triggered the accident earlier. Alan did not keep his composure due to the strategy of Josue and Paul and made an arrogant mistake.  Alan then sent a PM to Paul stating that he was "coming for him".  When Alan rejoined the track, he was noticeably off pace and made a very definitive movement as Paul was getting around him to try to wreck him. Alan missed. Then Alan decided it was going to be a good idea to go ahead and then wreck Josue a second time, this time purposely.  PRL Stewarding under my watch has been based on facts and not assumptions. The reason that we declared this as a fact and not an assumption was that we watched Alan's Twitch stream and he made a very clear on his own stream his intentions to purposely wreck those drivers. Alan has been removed from this league and will no longer be welcome in any race held by the PRL moving forward.

Sadly this is not the 1st time that I've had to do this for the oval leagues. Couple seasons ago I had a remove a driver who purposely went after somebody under caution, which also resulted in damage for innocent drivers who had nothing to do with the situation. Racing is a sport of emotions, and a stressful race like plate racing or short track racing I know can get the best of us. As much as it annoys me when people get on the microphone just to complain because none of us else on the track give 2 craps about it, that's why I just issue a warning and let things cool down and that is that. One thing I have absolutely 0 tolerance for is internet tough guys who try to take matters in their own hands and put other drivers and danger, which this was. The reason we join leagues is to avoid that kind of garbage. While our Stewarding system can always improve and we're always looking at better ways to handle situations and what penalties are appeopriate, we do have a procedure in place so nobody should ever have to do what we saw last night.

Now Paul did try to warn me of that PM Alan sent him in advance, but unfortunately due to me being a part of a bigger team in Discord, I could not understand his voice message due to talking in my Discord chat. By time Paul sent me a PM, we were going back to green and I could not get the situation addressed soon enough in advance. So what I am going to do in both oval leagues moving forward to be able to communicate better with the entire league is I will no longer be a part of my big discord chat. As much as I love my teammates and have fun with them, this is the choice I am making as the manager to do the right thing for the league to make sure no information slips by me anymore. I will also say this too on Brad, Brenden, and Brandon, they have been organizers in this league well before we were all teammates. I trust their judgments and they are organizers for a reason. So when one of them comes on the microphone and tells me something as important as noticing somebody purposely trying to wreck another driver, I'm not going to 2nd guess my organizers. That's why I booted Alan immediately based on Brad's feedback.

Now nothing else needs to be said about Alan and his actions, it's been dealt with and it's all in the past now. But if anybody would like to address anything else or have any feedback or suggestions about where you feel we stand as a league with our current penalty system (or lisencing system as it has been called as well), please feel free to reach out to me or give feedback through the Feedback sheet. The oval leagues this season have definitely been better then last season, but we still have a little bit more ways to go to really get the racing where we all want it and to limit a few more cautions. Let's keep at it crew.

Also, very big congratulations to Rachel on her first PRL win last night!!  I do believe she is the 1st woman to win a race on the iRacing side of PRL, and we are very proud of that and having her as apart of the family.
5 x
Career PRL Stats
5-Time PRL Team Champion

Twitch.tv/OldManHoot
Twitter.com/Hootius

pwilliams84
Premium Member
United States of America
Full Name: Paul Williams II

Post by pwilliams84 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:21 pm

Huge congrats to Rachel. Hate that it came on a non-broadcasted race, but hopefully that just makes her hungry to do it again!
1 x
Career PRL Stats
13 Starts - 7 Top-5s - 10 Top-10s - 1 Pole

Return to “*NEW* - NASCAR Cup Series [2019/S4]”