Welcome to the PRL Formula 3 Championship! 2019/S4 will feature the Dallara F3.
If you are a returning driver, you'll notice that the signup process has changed a bit. It is very important to read the entire thread!
Series organisers: Matthew Gunderson (Gunner) & Owen McLachlan (mclachlanol)
INFORMATION & FAQ
When does the season start and end? 2019/S4 will start on September 19th and will end on November 21st.
How many races in the season? There will be 10 races in the season.
Is there any drop week? Each driver gets 1 drop week. Drop weeks cannot be used in the last race of the season (Week 10). There is no drop week for Team Championship but drivers' drop week are taken into account in the team standings. The Season Finale race will not be allowed to count as a drop week, only Races 1-9.
What day/time do races start? Races are on Thursday. The session starts at 6pm with qualifying at 9pm (EDT).
How many seats are available? There is a maximum of 42 seats available. We will create 2 divisions if we reach 60+ signups. Multiple divisions information is available in the Rules document.
How can I register? To register, you must first read the entire thread. After, at the bottom, you will find a Google Form that you'll need to fill. There is a $10 USD fee to signup.
Why are you charging entry fee? We are charging a $10 entry fee to help us cover the broadcast expenses. Even with entry fees, we don't have enough money to cover the broadcast, so this is why we need sponsors as well.
How can I make sure I'll have a seat? Here is the seat priority for this series:
- Full time seats will only be assigned to drivers who have shown good participation in their past PRL seasons, and to new drivers (innocent until proven guilty).
- Premium Members will always have a full time seat as long as they sign up 1 week before the season start.
- Last season's drivers will be assigned to a full time seats prior to the new drivers as long as they sign up 1 week before the season start. To be considered as a returning driver, you must have attended a minimum of 5 races.
- If you sign up but have not shown good participation in the past, you may be placed to the waiting list. If you get a full time seat, you'll have to prove us you can attend each race.
Do I need to have a specific license, iRating or Safety Rating? New drivers need a minimum license of C.
Can I register as part of a team? Of course! But each driver of the team must create an account on the PRL forum and register for the series.
What happens if I'm removed from the full time driver list? You may be moved to the waiting list for one of the reason mentioned above. If you have paid and being moved on the Waiting list, you'll be refunded. If there is a seat that becomes free, you will be contacted by email or on the iRacing website.
What is the structure of a race day?
- Race Day: Thursday
- Practice: 6pm EDT (180 minutes)
- Qualifying: 9pm EDT (15 minutes)
- Race: 9:15pm EDT (45 minutes)
What is the points system? The full scoring system is available in the Rules document.
All Official PRL Championship’s shall adhere to the site wide PRL Rules & iRacing Sporting Code. All rules mentioned below surpass PRL & iRacing Sporting Code rules.
- The entry fee isn't refundable as soon as the season starts
- You will be removed from the driver list of you haven't paid a week prior the season start
- If you have paid and are moved to the waiting list because a Premium member or returning driver signup and the list is full, you'll be refunded.
- If you are on the waiting list, at the moment we are contacting you to give you a full time seat, you'll only have to pay for the remaining races ($1 per race).
- If we have two divisions, division 2 drivers must still pay and we will redistribute the money as gift during the season.