Thoughts and Opinions?

**Broadcasted** | TUESDAY | Practice @ 6:20pm | Qualifying @ 9pm | Race @ 9:15pm (EDT)
Season start on June 18th and end on August 20th
madace
Rookie Member
United States of America
Full Name: Michael A Gomez
Main Platform: PC

Thoughts and Opinions?

Post by madace » Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:32 pm

I've recently sent in this in the suggestion form, but would like to know what everyone else thinks about it.

Me and other drivers that I am close to, some of us new to PRL were discussing about the league, how well managed it is, and how great the quality of the racing has been so far. But most of us agreed that the schedule is a bit strenuous, 10 weeks back to back is a bit much, for us at least. We've come up with some suggestions that we feel could be well received.

1: Add more drop weeks, as mentioned above at 10 races the calendar is quite long, increasing the amount of drop weeks would allow some of us more flexibility and allow for a break if wanted to.

2: Shorten the calendar, If more drop weeks isn't an option maybe an 8 week season?

3: Mid-Season break: If the mentioned above aren't possible how about a break mid season at the halfway mark?

4: Racing on Monday: The PRL series follows the official iRacing IMSA calender and that is perfect as is. Many of us often don't have that much time to dedicate to practice, as you know lots of practice is a must to be competitive in this grid. Racing on Monday would better sync with the track changes on iRacing, in turn this allows for more track time during the week and better preparation for the event.

5: Race every two weeks: This one probably is a no, but it'd be nice.

These aren't demands or anything of the sort, just our opinions.(just making sure it isn't perceived in the wrong way)
0 x

Gary Schilling
Organiser
United States of America
Full Name: Gary Schilling

Re: Thoughts and Opinions?

Post by Gary Schilling » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:20 pm

My thoughts are it works near perfectly as is.
10 weeks is perfect seeing as the official season is 12.
Having a 2nd drop week is a good idea though.
1 x

Miker9253
Organiser
United States of America
Full Name: Mike Richter

Post by Miker9253 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:27 pm

NOT CLEARING THE TRACK STATE IS ANOTHER THAT SHOULD BE VOTED ON

OR AT LEAST TRIED IN D2
0 x

jalmenar
Venezuela
Full Name: jonathan

Post by jalmenar » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:02 pm

Miker9253 wrote: NOT CLEARING THE TRACK STATE IS ANOTHER THAT SHOULD BE VOTED ON

OR AT LEAST TRIED IN D2
Agree!

Other than that, I like the current calendar. I wouldn't mind a brake mid season, but I'm ok as it is. 
1 x

Ozymandias
Organiser
Chile
Full Name: Cristian Garreton Eissler

Post by Ozymandias » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:33 pm

madace wrote: I've recently sent in this in the suggestion form, but would like to know what everyone else thinks about it.

Me and other drivers that I am close to, some of us new to PRL were discussing about the league, how well managed it is, and how great the quality of the racing has been so far. But most of us agreed that the schedule is a bit strenuous, 10 weeks back to back is a bit much, for us at least. We've come up with some suggestions that we feel could be well received.

1: Add more drop weeks, as mentioned above at 10 races the calendar is quite long, increasing the amount of drop weeks would allow some of us more flexibility and allow for a break if wanted to.

2: Shorten the calendar, If more drop weeks isn't an option maybe an 8 week season?

3: Mid-Season break: If the mentioned above aren't possible how about a break mid season at the halfway mark?

4: Racing on Monday: The PRL series follows the official iRacing IMSA calender and that is perfect as is. Many of us often don't have that much time to dedicate to practice, as you know lots of practice is a must to be competitive in this grid. Racing on Monday would better sync with the track changes on iRacing, in turn this allows for more track time during the week and better preparation for the event.

These aren't demands or anything of the sort, just our opinions.(just making sure it isn't perceived in the wrong way)
My comments
1-2: Adding more drop weeks can threaten the attendance in races, for me it is ideal 10 weeks and only 1 drop week
3: I like the idea of a half-season break. Maybe in that week you could do an optional race for fun, without points (like week 13).
4: I understand that PRL already has series on all weekdays, I do not see it possible.
5: Personally I prefer to run every week.
0 x
GTE Sports Car Series Organizer
Please feel free to reach out with questions or comments. Se habla español!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

SharkV
Manager
Canada
Full Name: Dany Duchesne

Post by SharkV » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:38 pm

Hi,

I don’t know why we should change anything.

I’ve been in this league for over 3 years.

Two years ago, I was the organiser of the Tuesday night series. At that time, we had to work hard to get 15-20 cars on the track.

With lots of efforts and some cars and rules changes, we were able to get 30+ cars about 4 seasons ago. Now we have more than 70 signups and 2 divisions.
2 x

Kirru
Organiser
United States of America
Full Name: Cory Clark

Post by Kirru » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:59 pm

SharkV wrote: Hi,

I don’t know why we should change anything.

I’ve been in this league for over 3 years.

Two years ago, I was the organiser of the Tuesday night series.  At that time, we had to work hard to get 15-20 cars on the track.  

With lots of efforts and some cars and rules changes, we were able to get 30+ cars about 4 seasons ago.  Now we have more than 70 signups and 2 divisions.
My sentiments exactly.

I was following the league for a few season before I came up enough to race in it. Glad it was still around when I started to. I love it. Its challenging and heck of a lot cleaner to race here than official series.
1 x
GTE Sports Car Series Organizer
Please feel free to reach out with questions or comments.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MrCaringi
Veteran Member
Venezuela
Full Name: Jean F Caringi

Post by MrCaringi » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:38 pm

I like the third point: Mid Season break,
That would be great.
0 x

jalmenar
Venezuela
Full Name: jonathan

Post by jalmenar » Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:35 pm

Ozymandias wrote:
madace wrote: I've recently sent in this in the suggestion form, but would like to know what everyone else thinks about it.

My comments
1-2: Adding more drop weeks can threaten the attendance in races, for me it is ideal 10 weeks and only 1 drop week
3: I like the idea of a half-season break. Maybe in that week you could do an optional race for fun, without points (like week 13).
4: I understand that PRL already has series on all weekdays, I do not see it possible.
5: Personally I prefer to run every week.
From point #3 YES! lets do a destruction derby race. I participated in one of these sponsored by .... Cant remember, but it was a big event with prizes and broadcast. I'm not asking PRL to have these goodies added, but it will be fun to have a race where the goal is to....be reckless for at least 30 mins  :lol: 
1 x

Sassy_McSassypants
Premium Member
United States of America
Full Name: Pete Mobroten

Post by Sassy_McSassypants » Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:46 am

It sounds like you want a casual league...

This isn't a good fit for casual needs. The high expectations for commitment and consistency on the parts of drivers *and* organizers are defining characteristics of this league. It's a decent chunk of what makes PRL events carry a sense of occasion. Lowering the standards with the explicit purpose of allowing half-assed attendance is going the wrong direction.
3 x

Spinn
Rookie Member
Canada
Full Name: Spencer Semkowich

Post by Spinn » Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:30 pm

For me,what Sassy says is what drew me to PRL. Loving my first season learning in Div 2 so far!
1 x

Return to “GTE Sportscar Series [S17] - Sponsored by SIMMSA & The ButtKicker”