Formula Fun - F3 Unofficial Races

**Broadcasted** | THURSDAY | Practice @ 6pm | Qualifying @ 9pm | Race @ 9:15pm (EDT)
Season start on June 20th and end on August 29th
TheGreatC81
Premium Member
United States of America
Full Name: David Cristelli
Main Platform: PC

Formula Fun - F3 Unofficial Races

Post by TheGreatC81 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:44 pm

I just saw on the forums that they will be adding an unofficial F3 series with races every 30 min. Quick practice and qual, then a 10 min race. Some guys think this will hurt the official series. Personally, I think it'll give the yahoos somewhere to go screw around without taking out half the field of an official race where guys are trying to really compete. Either way, it could be a fun place for our league members to meet up for some wheel to wheel practice. I also like the idea of being able to run a quick race when I'm waiting around for an official race to start.
What do you guys think of iRacing's idea?
2 x

CajunGrit
Social Medias Manager
United States of America
Full Name: David Hebert

Re: Formula Fun - F3 Unofficial Races

Post by CajunGrit » Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:24 am

That would be awesome!
0 x

TheGreatC81
Premium Member
United States of America

Post by TheGreatC81 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:50 am

Looks like this is starting tonight @ 8:15 eastern. I would expect some silly antics but it sounds like a fun way to get some wheel to wheel practice in the F3. I'm really hoping this will help clean up the official F3 series. And if it does work out that way, I hope they'll add these sort of races for other series too. Ferrari GT3 would be a good one. Then they could make it an open set series.
1 x

DeamingPie
Premium Member
United States of America
Full Name: Erik Luke

Post by DeamingPie » Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:20 am

It was...entertaining.

The brilliant minds decided that the first race will be at Tsukuba 1000 using a medium downforce fixed set. Lap times ranged from 37.1 to 39 seconds a lap. I do not understand the purpose of sticking these cars on glorified go kart tracks.
1 x
"You've been racing with your foot on the brake? What are you, a Florida F*&^ing blue hair?" - Wife

Looking for a button box?
https://www.facebook.com/apexbuttonbox/

Hootius
Stewards
United States of America
Full Name: Charles Sumner

Post by Hootius » Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:45 pm

So they are keeping this series on free tracks I take it?
0 x
iRacing Oval Manager & PRL Chief Steward
Career PRL Stats
15 Wins - 79 Top-5's - 9 Poles - 8 Fastest Laps
Project Cars GT3 Drivers Champion
5-Time PRL Team Champion

Twitch.tv/OldManHoot
Twitter.com/Hootius

TheGreatC81
Premium Member
United States of America

Post by TheGreatC81 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:01 pm

DeamingPie wrote: It was...entertaining.

The brilliant minds decided that the first race will be at Tsukuba 1000 using a medium downforce fixed set.  Lap times ranged from 37.1 to 39 seconds a lap.  I do not understand the purpose of sticking these cars on glorified go kart tracks.
I ran one last night and won it. All I had to do was take it easy so I didn't spin or hit anyone. This is not going to help bring people around to this idea? I would have thought this series would run on the same track as the official one. Guess not. But I agree, the go kart tracks have to stop. Although, running this did get me thinking about being smooth and carrying speed. I did some more GT3 practice at VIR after and took around a second off my previous best time. Finally in the 46's and optimal is in the 45's. There's hope!
1 x

SuperHawk
Premium Member
United States of America
Full Name: Michael Overbay

Post by SuperHawk » Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:40 pm

Pretty much our whole Geo team jumped into a session last night and after the split, our top split SOF was 5k, lol. Everyone in it was GEO member except 1. But we knew him as well. So we decided to do a joker lap, since you don't get DQ'd if you run the full track. It made it very fun! Also, the guy that wasn't a member had an incident so he decided to become a chicane for us to get around each lap in a different spot. He did a great job of concealing where he was because you would come around a corner and go OH ******! We had a ball even though the MDF set is horrible for a track like this!
0 x
PRL iRacing Results: Wins (More than Chris) / Podiums (Even more than my wins) / Top-Five (Don't have enough fingers and toes)

Return to “Formula 3 Championship [S15] - Sponsored by Apex Button Box”