Season 17 will be 2 divisions

**Broadcasted** | TUESDAY | Practice @ 6:20pm | Qualifying @ 9pm | Race @ 9:15pm (EDT)
Season start on June 18th and end on August 20th
jeromef1
Director
Canada
Full Name: Jerome Berthiaume
Main Platform: PC

Season 17 will be 2 divisions

Post by jeromef1 » Thu May 16, 2019 7:20 pm

We can confirm now that Season 17 of the PRL GTE Sportscar Series will have 2 divisions! This will allow all drivers who subscribe to the series to compete on a structured championship.

ONLY DIVISION 1 WILL BE BROADCASTED!

Here are the rules for the two divisions:

1. The default order for each split will be using the iRating as a criteria.
2. The iRating considered for each driver will be the one they have at the start of the official season of iRacing (June 4th at 00:00 GMT). Your series organisers will update the iRating of each driver before June 4th.
3. On June 4th, an email will be sent to all registered Premium and Returning Drivers with a link to a form where they indicate if they prefer to be listed in top split or by iRating. If the form is not completed within 48 hours, the iRating will be considered as a criteria.
4. On June 7th, the list of drivers of each division will be published in the forum.
5. Any new driver registered between June 4th and June 7th will be assigned to the division using iRating, regardless of their status as Premium, Returning or new driver.
6. Any new drivers who register after the division assignment is published will be assigned to division 2.
7. A week before the season start, so on June 11th, the signups will be closed.
8. Regarding the registration fee, all the remaining money corresponding to the 2nd split will be awarded as prize to the first 3 places of each division. The prize will be delivered in the form of iRacing Credits. The amounts will be informed opportunely in accordance with the final number of registrants.
9. Drivers who do not join the right session will be issued a 20 points penalty.

THOSE RULES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE.

This is the first time we have two divisions in an iRacing championship, please be understanding as we are on a learning curve for this!
5 x
PRL Director & Owner

MrCaringi
Veteran Member
Venezuela
Full Name: Jean F Caringi

Re: 2 Divisions??

Post by MrCaringi » Sat May 18, 2019 10:25 am

Great idea! well done!
0 x

Gary Schilling
Organiser
United States of America
Full Name: Gary Schilling

Post by Gary Schilling » Mon May 20, 2019 9:38 am

I'm all in favor of this.
Question: Since division 2 would not be broadcasted, are we still required to pay the $10 ?
0 x

jeromef1
Director
Canada

Post by jeromef1 » Mon May 20, 2019 4:41 pm

Gary Schilling wrote: I'm all in favor of this.
Question: Since division 2 would not be broadcasted, are we still required to pay the $10 ?
No, it's gonna be free. Drivers will be refund.

One important thing though... if a driver want to race is the second split and be refunded, that's not gonna be possible, If we start playing with moving up and down drivers, we gonna spend too much time for the investment. Let's enough call it "feeder league" and not 2nd division.

Rules are simple, first come first serve based on this order: Premium member, Returning driver and new driver.
1 x
PRL Director & Owner

Gary Schilling
Organiser
United States of America
Full Name: Gary Schilling

Post by Gary Schilling » Mon May 20, 2019 4:47 pm

I'm good with that.
If we end up with 2, put me in the 2nd one.
0 x

jeromef1
Director
Canada

Post by jeromef1 » Mon May 20, 2019 7:35 pm

Gary Schilling wrote: I'm good with that.
Read again what I just wrote 😋 Since you are premium, you are kind of sure to he division 1. We can't switch driver from a division to another as they wish.

Anyway, we are far from having a 2nd division so far. 
0 x
PRL Director & Owner

Modoff
Premium Member
United States of America
Full Name: Carl Modoff

Post by Modoff » Wed May 22, 2019 1:42 pm

I think 2 division is a great idea if we have enough entrants.  However, would it be better to divide by irating?  Just because a guy with a 6k irating isnt going to have a lot of fun racing against a guy with a 1k irating, and the 1k irating guy isnt going to have much fun racing against a 6k irating driver.  If its split by irating then throughout each field from top to bottom it will be more competitive.  Or maybe prioritize Premium and Returning drivers and split all new drivers by iRating.
Just food for thought
5 x

jalmenar
Venezuela
Full Name: jonathan

Post by jalmenar » Thu May 23, 2019 5:45 pm

Modoff wrote: I think 2 division is a great idea if we have enough entrants.  However, would it be better to divide by irating?  Just because a guy with a 6k irating isnt going to have a lot of fun racing against a guy with a 1k irating, and the 1k irating guy isnt going to have much fun racing against a 6k irating driver.  If its split by irating then throughout each field from top to bottom it will be more competitive.  Or maybe prioritize Premium and Returning drivers and split all new drivers by iRating.
Just food for thought
+100

Agree! It would be great if we could create a second division based on irating. This should make the series more competitive, thus improving the quality (And popularity) of the series overall. Also, this could be an incentive to second division drivers to get promoted to first division. Kinda like F1 and F2.

I think this would be an amazing season guys, lets do it!
1 x

Sassy_McSassypants
Premium Member
United States of America
Full Name: Pete Mobroten

Post by Sassy_McSassypants » Thu May 23, 2019 9:37 pm

Perhaps something that isn't irating based? One of the big draws for me a few seasons ago was the wide range of drivers and that anyone could have a "special" weekly event with good clean competition instead of it being the realm of top drivers only. It would be a shame to pull that away from people based just on a rating.
1 x

MrCaringi
Veteran Member
Venezuela
Full Name: Jean F Caringi

Post by MrCaringi » Thu May 23, 2019 9:49 pm

based on PRL "DNA", I think Safety Rating ranking seems more appropriate for new coming drivers.
0 x

jeromef1
Director
Canada

Re: Season 17 will be 2 divisions

Post by jeromef1 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:44 pm

Confirmed, we will be having 2 divisions!

Information updated in the original post!
1 x
PRL Director & Owner

Sassy_McSassypants
Premium Member
United States of America

Post by Sassy_McSassypants » Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:03 pm

How is this going to work if team members have a large irating split? I strongly dislike the idea of splitting on irating.
0 x

jeromef1
Director
Canada

Post by jeromef1 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:25 pm

That's something team will have to discuss together!

We do not expect to see a big change in he drivers list. I mean, we are pretty sure most Premium member and returning driver will want to be in Division 1 to get broadcasted. Thus, we do not expect a lot of movement between divisions.

Purpose of this is to allow all drivers to race in a structured championship. It break our heart when we need to inform drivers they can't race because they are not listed Top 40.
0 x
PRL Director & Owner

Sassy_McSassypants
Premium Member
United States of America

Post by Sassy_McSassypants » Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:51 pm

Does that mean if you have a teammate who isn't premium or returning and doesn't make the cutoff for per-irating split, you have to choose to run with them in feeder series or find a new teammate because they cannot run with you in the broadcast split?

For the record I don't think this is going to directly impact my team. It just feels a bit off for how I view PRL. One of the big things I loved about PRL GTE is it's an amazing development series because it isn't restricted to just top drivers for a broadcast session like everything else is. It's a really special thing IMO. You get to run with people who have a lot to offer to challenge you to improve regardless of your pace and you can get some cool airtime to boot. It sucks to lose that.
Last edited by Sassy_McSassypants on Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

juanmabecchi
Rookie Member
Argentina
Full Name: Juan Manuel Becchi

Post by juanmabecchi » Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:30 pm

Good afternoon, I could pass some link to see the calendar and registration, thanks
0 x

Joshuadaniels
Premium Member
United States of America
Full Name: Joshua

Post by Joshuadaniels » Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:45 pm

6. Regarding the registration fee, all the remaining money corresponding to the 2nd split will be awarded as prize to the first 3 places of each division. The prize will be delivered in the form of iRacing Credits. The amounts will be informed opportunely in accordance with the final number of registrants.

This is way wrong!! I only spent my money to be broadcasted and at the time i payed this is what it was for. I do not want to pay for prizes. i even payed the $35 to become a premium to ensure myself a spot in said broadcasted race. when i decided to pay $35 this is what sold me ((Always have a full time seat! Get a priority seat by signing up for a championship.
You must sign up before the start of the season.)) if this is how things will be ran here at prl i would like to have a refund on both my premium and my $10 signup fee
0 x

Cody Bauman
Premium Member
Canada
Full Name: Cody Bauman

Post by Cody Bauman » Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:17 pm

Joshuadaniels wrote: 6. Regarding the registration fee, all the remaining money corresponding to the 2nd split will be awarded as prize to the first 3 places of each division. The prize will be delivered in the form of iRacing Credits. The amounts will be informed opportunely in accordance with the final number of registrants.

This is way wrong!! I only spent my money to be broadcasted and at the time i payed this is what it was for. I do not want to pay for prizes. i even payed the $35 to become a premium to ensure myself a spot in said broadcasted race. when i decided to pay $35 this is what sold me ((Always have a full time seat! Get a priority seat by signing up for a championship.
You must sign up before the start of the season.)) if this is how things will be ran here at prl i would like to have a refund on both my premium and my $10 signup fee
You are a premium member. They have clearly stated that premium members get their spot on the broadcasted division. 
jeromef1 wrote:
Gary Schilling wrote: I'm good with that.
Read again what I just wrote 😋 Since you are premium, you are kind of sure to he division 1. We can't switch driver from a division to another as they wish.

Anyway, we are far from having a 2nd division so far. 
1 x

Joshuadaniels
Premium Member
United States of America

Post by Joshuadaniels » Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:31 pm

I don't see anything in the 1st post of this thread that ses premium has a guaranteed spot in div1 
0 x

jeromef1
Director
Canada

Post by jeromef1 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:50 pm

Joshuadaniels wrote: I don't see anything in the 1st post of this thread that ses premium has a guaranteed spot in div1 
Look at point number 3 😊
0 x
PRL Director & Owner

Joshuadaniels
Premium Member
United States of America

Post by Joshuadaniels » Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:00 pm

This seemed like a vote. If it's a choice I'm sry for reading it wrong
0 x