Race 4: Michigan International Speedway (Jan 15)

**Broadcasted** | WEDNESDAY | Practice @ 6:10pm | Qualifying @ 9pm | Race @ 9:05pm (EST)
Season start on December 11th and end on February 26th
crazygoalie39
United States of America
Full Name: Mike Burnett
Main Platform: PC
iRacing ID: 215870

Re: Race 4: Michigan International Speedway (Jan 15)

Post by crazygoalie39 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:20 pm

People who have no business being up front need to realize that and not ruin people's race who know how to be up there. Absolutely ridiculous.
1 x

DominicBegin
Premium Member
Canada
Full Name: Dominic Begin
iRacing ID: 205700

Post by DominicBegin » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:41 pm

Good race up front. lots of nice battles. Lets try to get less cautions next week because we had too many tonight.
3 x

NexusPaul
Rookie Member
United States of America
Full Name: Paul Johnson
iRacing ID: 112871

Post by NexusPaul » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:44 pm

Hey guys, I am here to say i am Officially leaving this league. These last few races have been pretty embarrassing. I really appreciate all you admins it was fun running with you guys.

Getting taken out on lap 11 from someone coming down on a straightaway when im sure his spotter was yelling "car Low" just seems to happen every race to multiple people. the amount of cautions is staggering.
I admit i made a mistake on talladega coming up into someone when i was not clear, atleast it happened at the end of the race.

Once again i appreciate all the admins here. I may run one of the road series here next season.
3 x

DominicBegin
Premium Member
Canada
Full Name: Dominic Begin
iRacing ID: 205700

Post by DominicBegin » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:04 pm

NexusPaul wrote: Hey guys, I am here to say i am Officially leaving this league. These last few races have been pretty embarrassing. I really appreciate all you admins it was fun running with you guys.

Getting taken out on lap 11 from someone coming down on a straightaway when im sure his spotter was yelling "car Low" just seems to happen every race to multiple people. the amount of cautions is staggering.
I admit i made a mistake on talladega coming up into someone when i was not clear, atleast it happened at the end of the race.

Once again i appreciate all the admins here. I may run one of the road series here next season.
I get what your saying bud. Stuff happens and sometimes more often than not were involved in it. The first half of last season for me was a nightmare. However I would suggest you could stick with us, we have a lot of new guys this season, we probably  need a few races to know each other and learn to race with each other. Like you said admins are doing a great job, and just for that and the league they're trying to promote, we should all try to stick and get better together. Like I said I know how you feel it's so frustrating when this stuff happens, it's going to get better as the season goes on beleive me. Hang in here !
4 x

pwilliams84
Premium Member
United States of America
Full Name: Paul Williams II
iRacing ID: Paul Williams II

Post by pwilliams84 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:15 pm

DominicBegin wrote:
NexusPaul wrote: Hey guys, I am here to say i am Officially leaving this league. These last few races have been pretty embarrassing. I really appreciate all you admins it was fun running with you guys.

I get what your saying bud. Stuff happens and sometimes more often than not were involved in it. The first half of last season for me was a nightmare. However I would suggest you could stick with us, we have a lot of new guys this season, we probably  need a few races to know each other and learn to race with each other. Like you said admins are doing a great job, and just for that and the league they're trying to promote, we should all try to stick and get better together. Like I said I know how you feel it's so frustrating when this stuff happens, it's going to get better as the season goes on beleive me. Hang in here !
we have people this season that believe they are running an open setup out there. we have people that ask how lucky dogs work and what pit parties are.

if anyone is reading this that believes they fall into the above category, or are self aware enough to know that they are terrible, please contact me directly and i will send you $6 in exchange for you not showing up for the remaining 6 races.

yours truly,
WC
11 x
Career PRL Stats
dont care anymore

Miker9253
Premium Member
United States of America
Full Name: Mike Richter
iRacing ID: Mike Richter

Post by Miker9253 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:23 pm

crazygoalie39 wrote: People who have no business being up front need to realize that and not ruin people's race who know how to be up there. Absolutely ridiculous.
I know... Right! I sad to see some of the guys like yourself run up front that have Zero track presence and are unable to avoid running into the back of other drivers or drive around when they've slowed up. 
Then unsuccessfully retaliate by running into them 3 times on pit road trying to spin them.
Blaming other drivers for your actions and not taking responsibility is bad sportsmanship and frowned upon by many drivers of this League, Bud! 
Have a great week and see you next week..
1 x

crazygoalie39
United States of America
Full Name: Mike Burnett
iRacing ID: 215870

Post by crazygoalie39 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:35 pm

Miker9253 wrote:
crazygoalie39 wrote: People who have no business being up front need to realize that and not ruin people's race who know how to be up there. Absolutely ridiculous.
I know... Right! I sad to see some of the guys like yourself run up front that have Zero track presence and are unable to avoid running into the back of other drivers or drive around when they've slowed up. 
Then unsuccessfully retaliate by running into them 3 times on pit road trying to spin them.
Blaming other drivers for your actions and not taking responsibility is bad sportsmanship and frowned upon by many drivers of this League, Bud! 
Have a great week and see you next week..
You turned left into me because you're bad and got into the wall. Might want to watch the replay and listen to the broadcast calling you out, and the caution report that says you're at fault. And then you go 40mph in the pits when pit speed is 55 and wonder why you're getting hit from behind. Nice 1700 iRating though. See you in my split never. :)
Last edited by crazygoalie39 on Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
2 x

Hootius
Manager
United States of America
Full Name: Charles Sumner
iRacing ID: Charles Sumner

Post by Hootius » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:40 pm

Gentlemen, this is your one and only warning. Act like adults in my forum, or get out.
6 x
iRacing Oval Manager & PRL Chief Oval Steward
Career PRL Stats
15 Wins - 92 Top-5's - 12 Poles - 10 Fastest Laps
Project Cars GT3 Drivers Champion
7-Time PRL Team Champion

Twitch.tv/OldManHoot
Twitter.com/Hootius

Hootius
Manager
United States of America
Full Name: Charles Sumner
iRacing ID: Charles Sumner

Post by Hootius » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:48 pm

Let this be known to the entire league. As a group, every single driver needs to look into the mirror. 27 drivers have at least 0.5 caution points in 4 races..... 27!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No one is perfect, no one should have an ego and think they are high and mighty, and no one has right to think their sh*t don't think when the only way to fix this crap we are putting on the track, is for everyone to start showing respect and space, and not try to be a hero or think people need to move out of their way just because of some pointless number. At this point, the caution system will be getting more strict. I don't want to discourage peeps from hard racing, but ultimately this will be needed for the league forward to help limit cautions.
5 x
iRacing Oval Manager & PRL Chief Oval Steward
Career PRL Stats
15 Wins - 92 Top-5's - 12 Poles - 10 Fastest Laps
Project Cars GT3 Drivers Champion
7-Time PRL Team Champion

Twitch.tv/OldManHoot
Twitter.com/Hootius

Bradley Holly
Organiser
United States of America
Full Name: Bradley Holly
iRacing ID: Bradley Holly

Post by Bradley Holly » Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:30 am

Hey guys please take charles post to heart. It really sucks to see some of these posts, and i hope everyone can work out their differences so we all can get back to racing and not pacing like we have been doing. If you feel like a conversation will not be civil please feel free to contact me on the Prl forum or on discord i will be happy to sit in a chat room to hopefully keep the conversation civil and help yall be on the same page to avoid any similar situations from happening again.

Here is my discord Bradley Holly 184 #1267
3 x

Miker9253
Premium Member
United States of America
Full Name: Mike Richter
iRacing ID: Mike Richter

Post by Miker9253 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:11 am

Just getting his true colors out guys
Look look what I did lol
0 x

fotors3
Premium Member
United States of America
Full Name: Brandon Walter
iRacing ID: Brandon Walter

Post by fotors3 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:52 am

Everyone just needs more patience and some common sense. I know we can get some good green flag runs in. When we organizers review incidents we take everything in consideration. We are just seeing some incidents lately that are very unavoidable. We race each other for 10 weeks in a row (other than holidays) and should learn to race clean with each other. As Charles stated we will be looking into stricter caution points to deter the insane driving. I love hard and clean racing but we need to clean this up. Admit your mistakes and if you have an issue with someone, take it to the PMs or an admin. Let's do better folks. We are broadcasted for a reason. Let's make it the best racing possible.
0 x
#99 Roadtrip Transport Chevrolet Silverado for Whataback Racing
PRL Victories: 1

Bradley Holly
Organiser
United States of America

Post by Bradley Holly » Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:04 pm

Jake Hounshell i had a blast running side by side with you last night and everyone else that i battle with it was alot of fun when we where green
0 x

tcallahan707
Premium Member
United States of America
Full Name: Tristan Callahan
iRacing ID: Tristan Callahan

Post by tcallahan707 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:07 pm

pwilliams84 wrote:
DominicBegin wrote:

we have people this season that believe they are running an open setup out there. we have people that ask how lucky dogs work and what pit parties are.

if anyone is reading this that believes they fall into the above category, or are self aware enough to know that they are terrible, please contact me directly and i will send you $6 in exchange for you not showing up for the remaining 6 races.

yours truly,
WC
I was confused when I first loaded the race today. I connected VRS setups and PRL because I joined the Daytona 24 the other day. I have also only ran Eldora since week 1, over a month ago (missed Iowa). It was an honest mix up thinking it was open. And if I'm being honest, I also don't fully understand all the nuances to the lucky dog. I thought I did but I still have moments where it does something different than I expect. Oh, and I couldn't tell you what a pit party is. 

Based on the above, I believe I qualify as the audience for your post. 

See you next week,
TC
0 x

Bradley Holly
Organiser
United States of America

Post by Bradley Holly » Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:19 pm

tcallahan707 wrote:
pwilliams84 wrote:
DominicBegin wrote:

yours truly,
WC
I was confused when I first loaded the race today. I connected VRS setups and PRL because I joined the Daytona 24 the other day. I have also only ran Eldora since week 1, over a month ago (missed Iowa). It was an honest mix up thinking it was open. And if I'm being honest, I also don't fully understand all the nuances to the lucky dog. I thought I did but I still have moments where it does something different than I expect. Oh, and I couldn't tell you what a pit party is. 

See you next week,
TC
It happens man and if you have any questions shoot me a message on discord and we can talk about it.
0 x

pwilliams84
Premium Member
United States of America

Post by pwilliams84 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:04 pm

tcallahan707 wrote:
pwilliams84 wrote:
DominicBegin wrote:

yours truly,
WC

See you next week,
TC
the post was sorta tongue in cheek. sorta. 

i didn’t see anything from you to place you in my buyout offer box. then again i only got to run 5.5 laps.

we’ve got some serious problems here folks, and they need to get addressed. quickly. before we continue to lose good people like Paul who may not be perfect, but enters each race with the intention of running people clean and making good decisions.

i’ve held off on posting in fear of reprimand, but thanks to an influx of clowns that have joined some pre-existing clowns i don’t really care anymore. 

this is beginning to not be fun anymore. every one of us has limited time for enjoyment, and for some of us getting on a computer and racing a pretend racecar around a pretend track for 2 hours is a pretty selfish activity when you have a family. i’d like for it to be worth it. 

if your attitude is that you just don’t give a ****** what happens on the track, get the hell out of here. i don’t care if it’s your first season or if you pre-date me or some of the organizers. not giving a damn is for official racing, so i’ve learned. 

we shouldn’t need organizers to create rules to fix this. just stop doing stupid stuff. 

don’t exit turn 2 on a guys right rear quarter panel on lap 1 just because you can. 

don’t bump draft while 3 wide in the middle of a corner 5 laps into a race. 

when everyone else checks up because someone slipped up and they are trying to not cause a wreck don’t dive to the bottom and pass 6 cars and twitch clip it because you think ur 19 year old worm food. you’re not cool. there’s no prize money. you’re a douchebag. 

when there’s a wreck check up, don’t floor it hoping you get 3 spots before the caution is called. if this is your mentality you suck anyway and you’ll lose those 3 spots right back so what does it matter.

if you make a mistake and lose a ton of momentum drop out of the racing line and blend back in when you’re back up to speed. yes, you’re gonna lose spots. you should. that’s called a consequence of a mistake and you deserve it, but it’s okay you can recover. don’t make your mistake everyone else’s problem. 

go the speed limit on pit road. if you don’t, expect the guy behind you to push you the proper speed, because passing you would be more catastrophic. 

organizers shouldnt need to police this, but i will say when protests come in that call this behavior out it needs to be taken seriously. often times the cautions are a consequence of something else happening before them that should be penalized. 

if you engage in the above activities and you’re anywhere near me you won’t finish anywhere near where you could have because i’m not giving an inch. my seasons ruined so i’ll gladly finish 25th to make sure you finish 26th. 

we were better than this. 
5 x
Career PRL Stats
dont care anymore

chatley59
Premium Member
United States of America
Full Name: Brenden Chatley
iRacing ID: Brenden Chatley2

Post by chatley59 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:15 pm

pwilliams84 wrote:
DominicBegin wrote:

yours truly,
WC
You missed the opportunity for TRULY! I’m disappointed 
1 x

pwilliams84
Premium Member
United States of America

Post by pwilliams84 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:17 pm

chatley59 wrote:
pwilliams84 wrote:
DominicBegin wrote:

yours truly,
WC
You missed the opportunity for TRULY! I’m disappointed 
“WC”

i’m loyal to my brand.
1 x
Career PRL Stats
dont care anymore

Jake Hounshell
Rookie Member
United States of America
Full Name: Jake Hounshell
iRacing ID: Jake Hounshell

Post by Jake Hounshell » Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:01 pm

Bradley Holly wrote: Jake Hounshell i had a blast running side by side with you last night and everyone else that i battle with it was alot of fun when we where green
Absolutely, Bradley. Thank you. I did as well. If I can get qualifying down on this tire model, hopefully I'll be up there more often.
0 x

Trevor Clement
Rookie Member
United States of America
Full Name: Trevor Clement
iRacing ID: 245415

Post by Trevor Clement » Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:23 pm

I'm new here and while every race hasn't gone perfect for me I've really had fun running with you guys. I've been involved in quite a few leagues now, road, oval, and mixed and what the organizers have created here is top notch. There isn't a single league I've run yet that hasn't had finger pointing and angry racers at some point during a season. It happens. 

Mistakes happen, cautions happen, we all do it at some point and in large fields the chances of cautions go up exponentially. I will say the one surprising problem I've observed so far, and you can see it just from the broadcast of this race, is there is a lot of ARCA braking going on. Quite a few cars not braking when they see trouble starting ahead. 

I've seen a league actually penalize drivers for ARCA braking when cautions come out and a driver can get penalized even if they got lucky and missed the wreck simply because they chose to "hope for the best" instead of coming to a stop. Not that the admins need more on their plate but enforcing ARCA braking penalties does (eventually) help to get drivers to see that sometimes they are part of the problem even when not part of the initial wreck or in the wreck at all.

For anyone not familiar with the term ARCA brakes:
https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=ARCA%20brakes
2 x

Return to “NASCAR Truck Series [2020/S1] - Sponsored by Diecast Kings”