Image Image Image

NEW IRACING CHAMPIONSHIPS SIGNUPS ARE UP!

PRACTICE SESSION TIMES (S14)

**Broadcasted** | THURSDAY | Practice @ 6pm | Qualifying @ 9pm | Race @ 9:15pm (EST)
Season start on March 21st and end on May 23rd
mclachlanol
Organiser
United States of America
Full Name: Owen McLachlan
Main Platform: PC

Re: PRACTICE SESSION TIMES (S14)

Post by mclachlanol » Fri May 17, 2019 6:35 pm

Hey if you guys get a chance tonight can you test the fuel needed for the race?

From the testing I have done 50% (6 gal) should get you between 30-35 min depending on the track which should be perfect to force one stop, but we need to confirm.
0 x

Mark Phile
Organiser
United States of America
Full Name: Mark Phile

Post by Mark Phile » Fri May 17, 2019 6:55 pm

mclachlanol wrote: Hey if you guys get a chance tonight can you test the fuel needed for the race?

From the testing I have done 50% (6 gal) should get you between 30-35 min depending on the track which should be perfect to force one stop, but we need to confirm.
I didn’t see much interest in a room so i will just go to an official practice room. If i can get a stint going that long without crashing i will let ya know what i find.
1 x
Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers...

mclachlanol
Organiser
United States of America

Post by mclachlanol » Mon May 20, 2019 7:21 pm

4 hour practice session going up in a few min! - Password = prl
1 x

DeamingPie
Organiser
United States of America
Full Name: Erik Luke

Post by DeamingPie » Wed May 22, 2019 12:10 pm

It's been a sh!tty week for me so I haven't posted any sessions up.

I will put a 4 hour session up when I get home from work. I will have it start at 6PM EST. I will leave it open in the hopes some non league people show up to try get some passing practice in.

I have put in a little practice and I can say that I am significantly faster on a low down force set up. I clicked off a large chunk of time going from a medium downforce set to my low downforce Road America set. I believe my times dropped because there needs to be more emphasis on getting out of the chicanes rather than carrying speed through them. A low downforce set up will force you to concentrate on the exit.
1 x
"You've been racing with your foot on the brake? What are you, a Florida F*&^ing blue hair?" - Wife

Looking for a button box?
https://www.facebook.com/apexbuttonbox/

DeamingPie
Organiser
United States of America

Post by DeamingPie » Wed May 22, 2019 5:25 pm

Session is scheduled to go live at 6PM EST
1 x
"You've been racing with your foot on the brake? What are you, a Florida F*&^ing blue hair?" - Wife

DeamingPie
Organiser
United States of America

Post by DeamingPie » Wed May 22, 2019 6:02 pm

mclachlanol wrote: Hey if you guys get a chance tonight can you test the fuel needed for the race?

During an official race at Watkins (20 laps) I put 6.2 gallons in and ran out of fuel with 3 corners to go on the last lap.  My average lap time was 1:42:835 with a fastest of 1:40:388 (temp was 126F  :shock: ).  I'm sure someone who is smart enough can do the conversion, I ain't it  :lol:
0 x

mclachlanol
Organiser
United States of America

Post by mclachlanol » Wed May 22, 2019 10:03 pm

Cool thanks Eric. Looks like 6gal (50%) is the lucky number, should last about 33-34min
0 x

DeamingPie
Organiser
United States of America

Post by DeamingPie » Wed May 22, 2019 10:41 pm

mclachlanol wrote: Cool thanks Eric. Looks like 6gal (50%) is the lucky number, should last about 33-34min
Tonight’s race I put in 6.5 gallons. Had to lift and coast and take some straights at 75% throttle and I still sputtered as I crossed the finish line. Again, 20 laps and my  lap times were in the high 39’s plus I was managing a gap. Fastest lap was a 38.8.  Track temp was 106. I think if I was forced to go full tilt all 20 laps I would need 7 gallons. 
0 x

CajunGrit
Social Medias Manager
United States of America
Full Name: David Hebert

Post by CajunGrit » Thu May 23, 2019 9:44 am

7 gal gave me 19 laps with an average lap time of 1:36.5(ish). 
0 x

DeamingPie
Organiser
United States of America

Post by DeamingPie » Thu May 23, 2019 12:51 pm

CajunGrit wrote:

7 gal gave me 19 laps with an average lap time of 1:36.5(ish). 
Your times had better been in 70 degree weather or a track other than Watkins, otherwise

:mrgreen:

In all seriousness, that's smoking fast.  My fastest has been a 37.1 and I think the temp was in the mid 80's.  The stupid fast guys were all in the 36's.

The funny thing about learning this car, is more times than not I "accidentally" go faster.  This is usually achieved by muckering up a brake marker and saying screw it let's see if it sticks.   
0 x

Return to “Radical Racing Series [S14] - Sponsored by Dream Vacations”