xjari-075
Netherlands
Full Name: jari van roode
Main Platform: PS4

Re: The News Room

Post by xjari-075 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:04 pm

THE WINNERS' CIRCLE - Bahrain GRAND PRIX S15 D2

1st place: Tigaby
Q: Last week you didn’t finish and now you have won. How does it feel to bounce back with a win?
A: ‘It feels great to win, especially after not finishing last week.’
Q: Last week you were sandbagging, were you also doing that this time?
A: ‘To be honest I wasn’t sandbagging in Bahrain, army did a great lap that I couldn’t beat.’
Q: You were one of the 2 drivers who set a lap in the 1.31s. Did you feel like you had the pace to finish with a bigger lead?
A: ‘I could have opened up a bigger gap once I passed Stevo, but looking after the tyres and bringing the car home is more important.’

2nd place: Pipita_91
Q: You were the only one who started on the mediums in the top 10. Did you feel like this gave you an advantage?
A: ‘Yes, I preferred the harder compound, because I wasn’t comfortable with the soft compound and it permitted me to do a 1 stop. I was very surprised, because Stevo could do 13 laps with the supersofts. I didn’t defend my position against him, because I thought he would do 2 stops.’
Q: Did your race go perfect or where there some things you could have done better?
A: ‘This race has been good but not perfect. I didn’t have any troubles, but for example Tigaby came out of the pits just in front of me. I think the results could have been different if I had been in front at that moment. Despite that Tigaby was very fast and deserved the win.’
Q: You said you didn’t really practice Bahrain. Do you think you could have done better if you had practiced?
A: ‘Ofcource it could have been better. I didn’t play the game after the latest patch. I also don’t have a personal setup. I just copy one from timerial, but anyway it was the way it was and I am happy to finish on the podium.’

3rd place: Stevo_F1X
Q: After a 2nd place in China you got youself a 3rd place in Bahrain which puts you 1st in the drivers championship. Did you expect you would be standing there after the first two races?
A: ‘To be honest before the start of the season I thought my teammate, Armytricks, was the main contender for the championship followed by Tigaby then xJarii and myself ,who in practice race pace has looked identical pretty much, And V5 won I thought was 5th fastest further back, but somehow V5 won China on a supersoft, soft strategy. That I thought was quite impressive and Armytricks has had two poor races where I think he could and should have won, both China and Bahrain, and Tigaby retired mid race China having not put a setup on so I think I am lucky to be championship leader at this point.’
Q: you came 3rd by 0.003 seconds because of your second time penalty. Do you think you could have avoided that penalty and still be ahead of Pipita?
A: ‘After receiving two 3 seconds penalties at the penultimate corner I thought I had already lost 2nd place, but because the lobby got glitched after Macca decided to leave, I didn’t know where I was, only how far ahead or behind and all I thought was Armytricks or Tigaby were ahead of me, so I was annoyed that Pipita just finished ahead of me when he was the one from the very early on in the race I had to beat, but that is strict penalties for you on difficult corners. Also there was no speedometer going into the pits, so I would rather think I lost 2nd place there going to slowly.’
Q: ‘Last week you said that it was possible for you to win if you had practiced more, so did you practice more for this race?
A: ‘Last week I said that I could have practiced more, and win the race, but V5 you could say might not have got a 3 second penalty in a different scenario even tho if I had been closer to V5 I could have put him under more pressure to make a mistake and get more penalties for example, but we will never know so I think 2nd was the best I could have hoped for in that race. As for Bahrain I had practiced, but as I didn’t expect the new patch to come out so soon I only did 5 minutes with the new medium traction control the day before, so I could have been faster in the race , but missed qualifying which found me 10 seconds off 1st and 2nd by the time I got into lap 5, so not being able to qualify cost me 2nd as I would have maybe only been a few seconds of at that point.’
2 x

rikkurich
Premium Member
Finland
Full Name: Riku Lehto

Post by rikkurich » Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:23 am

THE WINNERS' CIRCLE - BAHRAIN GRAND PRIX S15 D1

1st place: deki106

Q: Two wins in a row! How was your battle with Carre? You guys seemed to be untouchable at the track.

A: "The lobby was slightly lagging so I think that caused some confusion for me an Carre because we touched on his screen while we didn't touch on my screen, while he was just going down my inside. So that was probably the best we could have done and of course I am happy that I came out with the win at the end."

Q: How important was it to overtake slower cars after your pit stop to stay in touching distance with Carre?

A: "I had a glitch in the pits so I lost about 2 seconds to Carre and I knew I have to get past the guys in front really quickly so I did some risky moves."

Q: What are your opinions on the newest patch? Does it have any effects on our league?

A: "I don't really know what they changed. It doesn't really effect me but it makes the championship more interesting so I am glad they brought it out."

2nd place: XxCarrexX06

Q: Congrats on first podium of the season! How was your battle with Deki? You guys were clearly the two fastest out there.

A: "I actually didn't think Deki would be so fast in the race. It was quite intense but a bit strange as in my cam it seemed he touched me but in his cam he didn't. It's a bit disappointing to finish 2nd after leading the whole race but congrats to him."

Q: Strong showing for Mercedes. Do you think the new patch gave Mercedes drivers an advantage as you drive without assists?

A: "I don't think the patch gave us any advantage as I was driving with assists before. I just adapt to be the fastest as possible."

Q: How did you manage to do that incredible pole lap time being half a second ahead of 2nd place?

A: "I just get everything right to do it. I t was an awesome lap, nearly better than my TT lap. I got a really good setup for qualy and I practiced a lot."

3rd place: Michemery

Q: Congrats on 3rd place! What do you think made a difference between you and top 2 out there?

A: "Honestly, I have no idea. It's annoying because I thought I drove a good race, but I was no where near the two at the front."

Q: Would you say your race was boring or did you have any moments on the track?

A: "I was defending from Jume and Cantera in the first stint because my tyres were finished, and after I pitted I passed Killer and Danny. Other than that I was all alone, but I enjoyed driving the car."

Q: What is your view on the safety car situation? Should we bring it back for Sochi because earlier races have shown that you damage a car on the first lap and your race is over without the SC.

A: "Yes, I think we should bring it back. I've heard that it has been more or less sorted out so I don't see why not. Without SC if you damage your car your race is as good as over."
1 x

rikkurich
Premium Member
Finland

Post by rikkurich » Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:26 am

THE WINNERS' CIRCLE - RUSSIA GRAND PRIX S15 D1

1st place: deki106

Q: Another great win out there. 3 races down for you and 3 race wins under your belt. Have these been strong circuits for you or do you feel you are the fastest on every circuit?

A: "Those weren't special circuits for me but they weren't bad. There are definitely tracks other drivers will dominate for example Monaco and Canada where I have to fight for every point."

Q: What happened between you and Haribo? Race win deciding contact between you two.

A: "I didn't see Haribo's pov but on my pov I went down his inside and he turned into me. We made contact and I tried to go around of him in the next corner where he pushed me wide and I nearly spun to the wall. I don't know how it looked on his screen so I can't really blame him for the first incident but I think it is unnecessary to push someone of track."

"What decided the race wasn't the crash but it was the undercut I did. I went into the pits one lap earlier to catch back up or even overtake him and then I nailed my lap to past him. Unluckily for Haribo he damaged his front wing slightly in a braking zone, that's why he couldn't fight for more than P2."

Q: You were one of the more consistent drivers out there with only 3 seconds worth of penalties. Was consistency or pure pace more important for you out there?

A: "I am normally not a person who gets many penalties because I am used to drive on strict rules. In my opinion, it is important to find a good way between both things if you are quick that's fine but you have to get everything together at race day, which is a thing some drivers struggle with. By the way, I wouldn't have got a penalty normally. Codemasters at their best I would say."

2nd place: Haribo1334

Q: Great bounce back result after disappointing Bahrain race. What was your strategy at the start with the long main straight going into turn 1 and you being in pole position?

A: "Pole position wasn't normal for me on race day, I am known to not perform when it comes to qualifying even though my pace is there. Start straight wasn't bad since my launch off the grid was quite good."

Q: What happened between you and Deki? Race deciding contact between you two.

A: "I was confident I could win since overtaking is hard at Russia, so Deki took his opportunity when we came to pit which was expected. First few laps on super softs I knew I was going to be faster since I practiced with super softs a lot more but with me putting pressure on Deki and a little bit of lag from the update made us have slight contact which caused me to have wing damage again, which again is unfortunate."

Q: Consistency around Sochi was important. Were you concerned dropping places or dropping out of the podium with your 6 seconds of penalties?

A: "I had consistency but I think me trying not to get warnings got me my first penalty, but my second penalt was me going wide from understeer from my broken wing. With me being concerned, I was with 2nd but not with the podium."

3rd place: ne-yo1993

Q: Congrats on 3rd place. Was there a real chance for win today?  Or vice versa, did you have to fight and battle to get to the podium?

A: "Well my target was to finish P4 or better. Carre, Deki and Haribo were stronger on long runs in all our practice sessions. So, with Carre starting last, I wanted to be on the podium. Worked pretty well I guess. I like to think I was the 4th fastest behind Deki, Haribo and Carre on this track. So I'm happy with my third podium of the season."

Q: Consistency around Sochi was important. Were you concerned dropping places or dropping out of the podium with your 6 seconds of penalties?

A: "Nope. My engineer told me Smithy had some penalties too. The gap to him was around 5 seconds, so no pressure at all."

Q: I asked Jume after Australia that if he thinks Spain is the leading force in PRL. What do you think of Germans? Fewer drivers, 6 podiums, the most of any country this season and we haven't seen Light perform but only a few laps.

A: "Uhh hard to tell really. I mean looking at the stats, Germany might be the force number 1 in PRL at the moment, but it's really close. We have a Spanish ex-champion with Jaume. Our current champion is British. We have German-Spanish title fight at the moment and don't forget my 3 titles. It's more or less equal I believe."

Q: We saw you support Belgian flag today. Comments on that.

A: " As you guys know, I had to delete and re-install F12017 because of the 1.9 patch. So everything I selected or saved was gone like the German flag. I've just forgot to change it really xD."
2 x

V5HRL
Rookie Member
Great Britain
Full Name: VISHAL KALYANJI

Post by V5HRL » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:25 am

THE WINNERS' CIRCLE - RUSSIA GRAND PRIX S15 D2
1st - Pipta_91
Q. A solid qualifying lap today and a good win but with Macca breathing down your neck, how much pressure did you feel like you were under?
A. Yeah the qualyfing lap was  good but not perfect  .. i think that  my rivals  make  mistakes  in it  ... then í only have to  keep the first  position so í dont take  to  much risk  after the Start. In course í feel presure  but í could stand in Front until  the stop ... then it was more easy  because i just  had  to control the distante between  me and macca.
Q. Do you feel like it was an easy win? 
A. No i dont think so. I think he was pushing  hard and i was  driving  comfortable because he was to  far ...i know also  that he had  penalties  so  he had  to pass me and put  a gap  of  3 seconds at least.
Q. You dropped a lot of time before your pit stop and with Macca catching you rapidly, trying the overcut, do you think you got lucky with the mistake he made?
A. I feel sorry for  his  mistake  because he deserved  the second place.

2nd - Tigaby
Q. How was the race for you? 
A. Race was good at first, got a good start and got up to p3, i thought i could chase down macca and pip but they were just to fast for me today. 
Q. Witour Macca's damaged wing and him being 20 seconds ahead, do you think you would have caught him?
A. I believe if there was more laps eventually I would have caught Macca because of car damage. 
Q. Do you feel lucky to have got 2nd place? 
A. I was surprised when I got p2 as I had some penalties too and thought I'd end up in p4, so yes I feel very lucky.
3rd - Macca
Q. You showed great pace and kept the pressure on Pipita most of the race, do you think you could have won the race? 
A. Thanks, yes I had the pace to win. 
Q. Having lost a place form your qualy position, where do you feel it went wrong for you?
A. It all went wrong when I half spun once Pipita had pitted. Then losing the whole of my front wing on L25 cost me the position to Tom. Pace was good but 2 silly mistakes cost me unfortunately, but that’s racing.
1 x

xjari-075
Netherlands
Full Name: jari van roode

Post by xjari-075 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:49 am

THE WINNERS' CIRCLE - SPANISH GRAND PRIX S15 D2
1st place: Armytricks

Q: Would You have changed your setup if you knew it was going to rain?

A: I did not know it was going to rain in the race until Stevo mentioned it in the chat, so I sort of panicked realising my setup was terrible for wet weather, but when we finally got going I realised I had a small lead of 3-5 seconds. But if I had known at the start, I would have gone for a wet setup and sacrificed pole for it if I had to.

Q: 1st win of the season after you have been favourite for most of the last races. Do you think you can get a couple of more wins his seasons?

A: Absolutely, I am confident I can win a few more races this season. My biggest concern however are tight street tracks like Monaco, Singapore and Azerbaijan where I often struggle to set decent times or have a consistent pace.
I believe I am in contention to be on the podium at the rest of the tracks.

Q: How did the race go in general? Did you feel confident driving in the rain?

A: I felt surprisingly confident after the start, maintaining a small lead on Tigaby was difficult but I managed as I had to manage my fuel. Fortunately for me, it were his tyres that gave up and he had to fall back, meanwhile I forgot to check my tyres, so I was quite lucky that I did not suffer  puncture near the end. Towards the end, Hasi nearly caught up after I had to overtake some people in the back.
In term of the rain, I felt good in general but there were several moments where the race could have ended for me in the middle of the barrier. It was a struggle to stay so alert for the whole race when one slip could easily send you aquaplaning.

2nd place: Hasipower162 

Q: After your first race in prl what are your thoughts on the league?

A: Impressive racing, really good battles and very nice guys. I enjoyed it a lot. Fair guys out there.

Q: Could you explain why you got a grid penalty and do you think you could have won the race without it?

A: The penalty was a bit of bad luck. There were a lot of people without fuel at the end of quali, me too. I had a little bit of contact with someone, without fuel, on the finish line. It was only a little bit of contact there was no damage and it did not bring an disadvantage to either of us and surprise, I got a penalty. It was a shocking moment. I was so angry about it.
I had a bad start and I lost a couple of positions. But then it was time to push. I think I was the fastest out there. I had an amazing race and had a lot of insane and fair battles, only my quali was horrible, it was not a good lap.
P2 is a good debut result, but I think there was more to get.

Q:You were placed in D2 while there are a couple of people who think you should be in D1 what is your opinion on this matter?

A:I enjoyed it a lot, but you are right. I think I am a D1 driver, as it was to easy to go through the whole field in the race. I think I lost the win in quali, as my lap time was not up to my normal pace, although my race pace was fast. I hope Monaco will be better for me. But yeah, I think I am an D1 driver.

3rd place: Tigaby

Q: You said that you did not know it would rain in the race and you were unhappy with it. Do you think you could have done better in a dry race?

A: Yes I am not a fan of wet races. I think I could have challenged army for the win in a dry race.

Q: At the end of the race Stevo was quite close to you. Were you afraid you would lose your position?

A: I killed my tyres battling for 2nd and I had a 12 second gap to 4th so I was just managing my tyres.

Q: This was your 3rd podium in a row, do you think you can get yourself another podium in Monaco?
A: I believe so, Monaco is a good track for me so I will be going for the win.
1 x

rikkurich
Premium Member
Finland

Post by rikkurich » Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:12 pm

THE WINNERS' CIRCLE - MONACO GRAND PRIX S15 D1

1st place: Michemery  Qualifying: 2nd

Q: Congrats on first win of the season! A big gap to others aswell due to Carre and Deki having their own problems. Was it an easy victory?

A: "A win is never easy especially at Monaco. I backed off and put it in lean mix with 20 laps to go just to make it sure I brought it home."

Q: Did you hope that more drivers would've been on the grid or was it better for you to have fewer competitors out there?

A: "I was really hoping for a full grid as I always do. It's a lot less fun with fewer drivers."

Q: Championship table is really close after 6 rounds. Do you think it will be a 3-way battle till the end or will someone else challenge for the title?

A: "I haven't been the quickest driver at all this year and some how I'm still in the fight. I've been fairly consistent apart from China and Russia so I don't see why it can't continue. I don't think I'm in the fight though, I'll just try and help my team and Carre."

2nd place: KubaSaiyajin  Qualifying: 7th

Q: Great drive with 2nd place! Do you think you could've won the race if you would've had a better quali result? Given that there were so many unscheduled pit stops to others.

A: "Yeah, it was fantastic at the end. P2 is very strong. After a disaster in qualifying, I didn't think that I can finish at the podium. On lap 1 I overtook KillerBlue and Switchblade for P5. Then I tried to overtake Rikku but he was very good at the defensive drive. Then I destroyed my wing after a side by side fight with him. Adrenaline pushed me to come back after pit stop. I was behind my teammate after pit stop and overtook him with a very aggressive move.

Then I saw Rikku and Deki fighting and I got closer but still watching them fight. Both of them had problems with their wings and I overtook Rikku as he pitted and tried to overtake Deki with damage on my wing. Deki was very slow at the time. I knew I had 6 second penalty and P2 wasn't sure. But in the end I had enough distance to Carre in P3. I think Mich had a great drive and he deserved to win this race. P2 was the maximum today."

Q: You had 3rd place in Spain and 2nd in Monaco. Will you be 1st in Canada?

A: "I am very positive for Canada. I like the track a lot. We will see, I definitely give my best for the team and maybe I finish again on the podium, this time on the highest step."

Q: Red Bull has had a driver on the podium in every race except Bahrain. Do you believe constructors championship is more than possible?

A: "It will be hard to beat Mercedes but I think that my teammate and myself are very consistent and we can bring lots of points in the next races. We are a good team and we fight together for the team not against them. If he is faster I let him pass that's the rule for me."

3rd place: XxCarrexX06  Qualifying: 1st

Q: Congrats on 3rd place! You had a chance to win Monaco with pole position. Is 3rd place a disappointment or are you happy with the result?

A: "It's disappointing but if we look the way the race went, it's a fantastic position, especially after damaging the front wing twice, pitting twice and having many strange penalties. I can say I'm happy with the result after all."

Q: A few too many mistakes on the track for you. Do you think 3rd place would've been possible with the same performance if there were more drivers on the grid?

A: "Michael and Falcon weren't racing and many other drivers would've been in front, so it wouldn't have been possible."

Q: Championship table is really close after 6 rounds. Do you think it will be a 3-way battle till the end or will someone else challenge for the title?

A: "I really think it's a 3-way battle. Neyo isn't in form and the other drivers are not fast enough."
1 x

Oldskool3000
Premium Member
Ireland
Full Name: Mark Aldridge

Post by Oldskool3000 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:21 am

THE WINNERS' CIRCLE - MONACO GRAND PRIX S15 D2

1st place: Xjarii-075 Qualifying: 1st

Q: Jari a great race and your first win of the season. A lot of people got into incidents in this race, did you have any moments that put the win into doubt?

A: In advance of the race I was already afraid to get into an accident, and while I was practicing I couldn't even get to lap 10 without any damage, so I decided to start of slow, so I could get into my rhythm , but in the opening laps I got to much on the curbs at turn 16 and I almost touched the wall with my right rear wheel, but after that I didn't make any big mistakes. the only thing that put my win at stake were my disconnections, but luckily Tigaby made a pitstop near the end, which gave me the chance to win.

Q: There was a bit of controversy around the race, what was your take on the passing of the backmarkers in this race?
A: Because of the layout of monaco it was certain that some people would get lapped and that it would be tricky to get out of the way while getting lapped, but some people gave it their best and moved out of the way as soon as they could and some people didn’t like to get out of the way, so I literally had to overtake them like I was racing them, but in general most people did their best to not hinder the race leaders. lthough there was a moment where Stevo went out of the way, so I could pass him, but I didn't expect him to do it and I almost crashed.

Q: With the win being at a wheel friendly street race, what do you feel your chances are of winning in places such as Azerbaijan and Montreal?

A: I can confidently say that my chances in Azerbaijan will be none existing, as I won’t be racing there. I can't really say what my chances are in Montreal, as it is still early in the week and people still need to start their practice and others can still improve, but at this moment I can only say that my times in the dry are looking quite good.

2nd place: Tigaby  Qualifying: 2nd

Q:Tigaby, congrats on the fastest lap and 2nd place. You came very close to the win, what do you feel stopped you from taking the top step?

A: I had a few penalties which would have lost me the win anyway but if not for certain back markers i might have been able to open a gap to cover my penalties

Q: As one of the more voal members of division two, what do you want to see change in regards to driving etiquette in the next couple of races, if at all?

A:I just think that some drivers should be more aware when theres a driver behind trying to lap them as i shouldn’t have to try a risky overtake because a lapped car won't move
Q: Finally, could you sum up how you feel Stevo has got on so far this championship?

A: His first few races were pretty good but he seems to have lost some pace recently, maybe he’s just having a few bad races but he’sdoing alright  

3rd place: Pipita  Qualifying: 6th

Q: Congratulations on the podium Pipita. You were in the thick of the action at some points and battling people lower down the field but managed to do a one stop. Do you feel you were more conservative this race, in regards to racing?

A: Yeah i have been more conservative  this race because Mónaco isn't  a easy race so í prefer to  going to the end  and bring home some points. Anyway my teammate was  quicker than  me so he deserve the win.

Q: There were a lot of penalties this race, do you think this will be a theme for Montreal also?

A: Yes í think so ... in Montreal there  will be more penalties than in Mónaco because its  very easy to  cut  the chicanes  ... so í will try  to have  the less  posible penalties

Q: This race puts you 10 points behind Tigaby in the title race, do you think you will close the gap considering we have Montreal and Azerbaijan coming up?

A: Maybe í dont know.. Montreal is  a good  circuit  for  me in my opinión so the most important is  dont  do  any  stupid  mistake  in qualyfing  or  race. Í think that í Would  be leading  the championship if  í could have race the spanish Gp too .. but the important think is leading it at the end.
2 x
PRL Seasons Competed in: 2
Drivers Championship Finishes: D2 S15 9TH, D2 S16 11TH,
Poles: 2
Wins: 3 (S17, Bahrain. China. Canada)
Podiums: 5
Overtook Deki Once in Practice
D2 S16 Pre Season Champion

rikkurich
Premium Member
Finland

Post by rikkurich » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:08 am

THE WINNERS' CIRCLE - CANADIAN GRAND PRIX S15 D1

1st place: ne-yo1993   Qualifying: 2nd

Q: Great 1st win of the season! How was the car working in wet quali and dry race? How about your race strategy?

A: Tbh, I never expected to start from the front row. I struggled since Friday with my pace. I just had no expectation going into the qualifying. The car felt really good in the wet. Was able to improve my time step by step. My final run was fine until the exit of the last corner. Was on the grass with half of my car, I think I lost 0,1 to 0,2 sec there. The car worked pretty well in the dry too & everything is easier when you are at the front.

Q: Killer, Yhyy and F1racer had their best results of the season (4,5,6). What's your take on their race and season so far?

A: All of them performed well yesterday. Can't say too much about their races. They are great drivers & I'm happy for them.

Q: Deki and Carre didn't race and Mich had DNF so you lead the championship now with 1 point. Did you think leading after Canada is possible before the race? And do you think you can stay ahead of others till the end?

A: Not a second. My season is average so far. 4 good & 3 bad races. China was my best race this season in terms of performance but Canada comes then. Just got 1 warning yesterday, I'm kind of proud. For the rest of the season, I don't know. My pace isn't as good as it was on F12016 but I will continue to push, that's for sure.

2nd place: KingKim71   Qualifying: 6th

Q: Awesome debut for you! What was your goal before the race? And after the qualifying?

A: Yeah it was a really good result. My goal was just to finish and maybe get some points. After the qualy, I just wanted to race clean and keep my position.

Q: Were you able to battle for the win? Did you think a win was possible as you didn't have any penalties?

A: No, I wasn't. I lost time in the first stint because of traffic and I was never able to close the gap. It was my primary goal to keep it clean and to not get any penalties but I never thought I could win.

Q: Top 2 in the standings weren't racing and 3rd had DNF. What is your impression of PRL D1 grid? What about your goals for the rest of the season?

A: Actually my goal for the rest of the season was to be on the podium once but that's achieved now. Therefore my goal is to win a race. The grid is really strong and I got quite lucky to finish 2nd because I didn't pass anyone I just got handed their positions because of their problems. So for me there is a lot of training to do ;)

3rd place: KubaSaiyajin   Qualifying: 4th

Q: Congrats on 3rd place! Were you happy with your quali? How about your race pace?

A: Thank you very much. I had the pace for the pole but mistakes ruined my chance. I'm surprised that I started on P4 with such a bad lap. My race pace was fantastic I think only Falcon had better pace. My wings were too high and that cost me maybe my first win.

Q: You had almost a race long battle with your teammate for the win. What was your mindset battling against Neyo?

A: Yeah we fought for many rounds but he was faster in S3 with lower wings and that makes it very difficult to overtake him cleanly. I also had touches from Angelo and Falcon and then I was a little bit angry about it and defended really hard but not over the limit. He's my teammate and I knew that Mich was out and we could score lots of points for the team. That's because I didn't try it on sector 1 or 2. In S3 I had no chance with the wing. I also got 2 penalties by following another car and 3rd penalty after a big lag from Neyo's car as it stopped on the circuit and I couldn't do anything... Congratulations to Neyo and Kim.

Q: 3 podiums in a row. Red Bull charged past Mercedes in the constructors championship and Neyo is now leading the title race. What is your take on yours, Neyo's and Red Bull's performance after 1/3 of the season has gone?

A: Yeah it's correct and it will not be the last podium for me. In Baku, I have another chance and I will give everything to be on the highest step. It's fantastic we lead both championships now and by my calculations I'm only 18 points behind my teammate without racing in Australia.

It's okay but now I see me more and more on the top of this league and I'm pretty sure that I will make progress in the next races. Neyo is a great guy with very much experience, and it's not coincidence that he is on top.

But I think he knows I'm not far away and hopefully that pushes us more and more. 1/3 of the season is in the past and I'm happy with our performance and I'm happy because of the points still open this season and 18 points to the leader is nothing.
1 x

KillerBlue195
Premium Member
Great Britain
Full Name: Jake Muttitt

Post by KillerBlue195 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:03 pm

Breaking New Ground, Season 15 Analysed

Despite driver apathy in Division 1 this season, KillerBlue argues there’s plenty to be excited about

For PRL’s European PS4 F1 league, Season 15 marked a fresh start as the league headed in new directions, for a number of reasons. KillerBlue, Smithy and Macca began their first full season as organisers, a new second division has been established to remarkable success, at least in the short term, while the established stars and new faces of Division 1 appear to have produced something of a mixed bag, a season marred by something that cannot be fixed in any software patch: apathy. At a third of the way through the season, with both divisions’ championships starting to come into some kind of focus, it seems an appropriate time to deconstruct the season so far.

With the addition of D2, the top tier threatened to be as competitive as its ever been, and yet, any kind of hype was distinctly lacking and there were concerns Division 2 may yet struggle to find its feet. And whilst the season opener threatened problems, with the D2 race abandoned and a longtime PRL stalwart, Liamtsh, departing the grid, Season 15 looks to have finally found its feet.

The racing at least, has very much delivered, with eleven winners in thirteen races across both divisions. In Division 1, the drivers’ championship looks to be shaping up an absolute treat, with a mere eighteen points separating the top five drivers in the championship (Neyo 86, Deki 85, Carre 76, Michemery 74, Kuba 68) and numerous flashes of promise from the likes of Rikkurich, Smithy and Michaelangelo behind. All are arguably still very much in championship contention with such varied results each race. In D2, with seventeen points splitting the top four, with six different winners in six races so far (V5HRL, Tigaby, Pipita, Armytricks, Xjari and Felix), we have a similar situation. With such a tightly-packed grid, in both divisions, enthusiasm should be high for the remainder of the season, and yet, particularly in D1, there seems to be a growing lack of interest.

Drivers like Season 12 champion KillerBlue, and Smithy, third overall last season, have faltered, both yet to manage a podium. The losses of Jume and Liam, at least for the foreseeable future, are likely to have played a part too. This season seems very much as though it is yet to find its groove, or any kind of rhythm, with drivers leaving (Light, Mcr, Liam, Dearagony) and others coming in (Kim, Falcon, Haribo, Angelo), with attendance down on previous seasons, as more drivers miss races. The result is, as I say, a season that is yet to settle into any kind of rhythm, with the sense of friendship and mutual admiration shared between the drivers from the chat, forum and on-track rivalries from Season 13 and 14 fading.

The much-maligned handling model of F1 2017 equally, has done Season 15 no favours, with the game coming in for criticism from many of the drivers from the outset, which, in many ways, put a damper on Season 15 before it ever had a chance to show its now emerging promise. Despite lower attendances, the Canadian Grand Prix showed the best of PRL, with a strong grid bringing a top eight split by just half a second in qualifying, and an opening stint of the race which saw six drivers battling it out in close-quarters for the lead.

So far, consistency, over speed, has proven to be the determining factor in a championship which has shown itself to be fundamentally unpredictable. Four podiums and seven points finishes in as many races is what has set Neyo one point above his countryman Deki, who, despite three race wins, has struggled to find the same consistency as the three-time world champion. No driver besides Neyo has manged to achieve four podiums in seven races this season, with Deki, Kuba, Carre and Michemery all achieving three. By comparison, the 2017 Formula 1 season (let us not forget, plenty of people have labelled 2017 a classic, and is arguably F1’s best since 2012) saw Sebastian Vettel lay claim to six podiums, Lewis Hamilton five and Valtteri Bottas four in the same number of races.

Likewise, championship leader Neyo’s average finishing position this season so far is 4.6, while Vettel’s was 1.8 after seven races. For Hamilton, it was 2.6. Bottas and Raikkonen, who were third and fourth in the championship at the time averaged finishing positions of 3 and 3.6 respectively from their first seven finishes of the season. Even for Raikkonen, at fourth in the championship, this is still a whole position better on average than what Neyo, our championship leader, has averaged in the same number of races. If ever there was evidence of just how chaotic and unpredictable our season has been, then this is as clear as it comes. And, let us not forget, all this came from racing without the Safety Car in use, which is even more remarkable, given the Safety Car’s power to turn a race on its head.

While Season 15 is still very much to find its feet for Division 1, certainly when it comes its driver line-up, with Jume surely to return at some point and other drivers inevitable to leave join, the likes of Falcon, Angelo and Kim will only narrow the gap on the leaders. The evidence is very much there that this season can be the closest and tightest we have seen, with or without a Safety Car. And of course, this is not simple conjecture, as I mentioned above, you can see in the points already, just how topsy turvy this season has been. And it should continue the same way; there’s no reason to think otherwise.

The handling may not be great for many (I personally, much prefer it to 2016 but I appreciate I am a minority), there’s still a multitude of glitches, and plenty of drivers have come and gone, but once you look beyond that and scratch the surface to peer a little deeper, Season 15 is shaping up to me one of the tightest, most closely fought and exciting PRL seasons we’ve ever seen, both on track, and in the points. As we approach the Christmas break, for me at least, that’s more than enough to be getting excited for.

Division 1 Drivers’ Championship
After Round 7 of 20:

1.      Neyo                86
2.      Deki                 85
3.      Carre                76
4.      Michemery      74
5.      Kuba                68
6.      Rikkurich         42
7.      Smithy             42
8.      Haribo             36
9.      KillerBlue        33
10.  Yhyy               30
11.  Jume                25
12.  Angelo             24
2 x
EPSC F1 Season 12 Drivers' Champion, S13 Runners-Up
EPSC F1 S12 & 13 Constructors' Champions, S11, 12, 13, 14, 15 and 16 veteran
Wins: 11 (S11: AUS, MEX, S12: CAN, BRA, SIN, ITA, AUS, GBR, S13: BAH, CHU, ABD)
Pole Positions: 9
Podiums: 34

ne-yo1993
Premium Member
Germany
Full Name: Andre Mittelstädt

Post by ne-yo1993 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:48 pm

Really really great work killer :)) impressive stuff & it was a joy read buddy
2 x
3x European PRL Champion ;-) (PS3 & PS4)
EPSC Constructors Champion S14
30 Wins
76 Podiums
Last Update : november, 19th

armytricks
Great Britain
Full Name: Dulhan Jayalath

Post by armytricks » Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:39 pm

THE WINNER'S CIRCLE: CANADIAN GRAND PRIX - S15 D2

Winner: KL6... (Germex Racing driver)

Q1: Congratulations on a brilliant victory from an outstanding pole position. With a qualifying time in the mid 1:10s that could even rival the midfield of D1, do you think you deserve to move up divisions?

Thank you ,I know I did good in the race ,I am not quite as happy with my qualifying pace though cause I did a 1:10:1 in TT and I could have gone even faster.I am still not as fast in online as I am in single player,idk why .Actually Monaco is my best track but I just screwed up my setup so I went 2 secs slower in quali there and lags kept destroyimg my wing so I couldn t even finish the race,I am also lacking a little consistancy on other tracks like Spain where I lost my rear end like 3 times a lap in the rain.I think d2 might be the right choice for me right now and the next couple of races.

Q2: The race was exciting from start to finish, featuring four safety cars, a dry start, changing conditions in the rain and the use of both wets and intermediates in the top 5. This resulted in a mix of strategies in the final third of the race. Do you think you made the right choice going on to intermediates or do you think you’d have an even more secure lead with the wets?

My race actually went pretty well I only got one ridiculous 3 sec penalty for a cutting which was actually nothing but it didn t make a difference anyways.I changed to inters pretty early during the 2nd SC and I had to overtake 2 cars on the outside of turn 2 cause they stayed on dry tyres .After getting a decent gap another time the SC came out again,which was a little annoying.After the last SC I think staying on inters was the right decision,I still had some good grip and I only feared getting another corner cutting penalty

Runner-Up: Pipita_91

Q1: Well done on securing another podium this season! At the start of the season, not many were predicting you to be in the top 3 so often but now you have a win to your name at Russia and a 2[sup]nd[/sup] place here. Do you think you’ve proved that you’re now among the best of D2? And what would you put it down to? Consistency? Race pace? Keeping it clean where other couldn’t?

I knew that I would be in the fight for the championship from the start. Maybe I'm not quicker than the others, but I haven't been in trouble in any of the races so I use this and some tactics too to be with the leaders or at least fighting for the podium in all races. I am the Fernando Alonso of D2 hahahaha

Q2: This was quite a race. What do you think you excelled in the most? The dry conditions, managing good safety car starts, overtaking/defending, the final wet third of the race, all of them, or something else?

I excelled in all but at in the end, I didn't have penalties from the safety car bug that put us all together and I kept more or less the same pace. That would be two things that I think were the most important.

Third Place: Xjari

Q1: Firstly, congratulations on the podium. Going into this race, you were the clear favourite. Do you feel that you missed out on a win this race after some unlucky timing with the safety car? Or would you put it down to something else?

there were people who saw me as a sure win, but I didn’t, as I wasn’t sure if Felix (kl6725) was still in d2, and I thought it was going to rain and we all know how good my last wet race went.
The safety car actually saved my race, as I screwed up a couple of times. The main reason I wasn't able to win the race was that I got to much kerb in turn 6 and spun out and ended up in last place. After that I had two accidents that caused damage to my front wing, so I am not sure if I would have been on the podium without the safety car.

Q2: One hot topic this race was the use of the safety car itself. Many drivers reported that the game asked drivers to pass others when they were ahead. Did this happen to you? And what is your opinion on the use of safety cars in D2 now?

I got the message that I was allowed to overtake the car in front, but that was at the end, but when I overtook the car in front the game told me to return the position. after this race I think the safety car shouldn't be used any further, as it just doesn't work like it should. I also got a 5 second stop and go because the car in front of me slowed down to much which caused the car behind me be allowed to overtake me, which he didn’t, as I reacted fast enough and I have seen on my recordings, but the game thought he did and I had to let him pass. He didn’t pass me in time and I got a penalty. So in short no safety car!

You’re now very close to the leader in championship points. Do you think you can take over the lead? If so, where do you think your chances are best and who do you think is most likely to become your biggest rival this season?

I don't think I will be able to take the lead unless other people have some shocking races, as I will at least be missing 2 more races. I think that my biggest rival will be my team mate Pipita, as he has been very consistent in the races we have done so far and when he has raced he was also always on or near the podium.
2 x

ne-yo1993
Premium Member
Germany

Post by ne-yo1993 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:19 pm

The Winners' Circle - Azerbaijan GP S15 D1

Winner : MichaelAngelo - Qualifying P1

Congrats to your first ever PRL win. Great win

1. You put on the Medium tyres for your second stint. Were you worried to lose the race win when you realised the guys behind you are on Softs ?

Angelo : Indeed, the car felt very understeery throughout the first part of the stint & michemery was catching rapidly. Later in the stint though the car started to feel great & I was setting PB aber PB & I got more & more confident. Carre then passed michemery so I started pushing 110%. Generally this race kept me on my toes.

2. It was an really entertaining race at the front from Lap1 onwards. What do you think was the key moment for your win?

Angelo : I think it has to be 1. the crash falcon had as it opened the air a bit to try & attack michemery, which leads to 2. & the most important has to be the pass on michemery for the actual lead of the race. From then on in, it was all down to pace & strategy to determine who the winner was.

3. You showed really strong pace at all your races this season but you've missed the first couple of races. Do you think you can join the fight for the drivers title ?

Angelo : I will certainly try my best to, don't count anyone out as it's still round 9 next week any everyone still has many things to prove. As for me, I'm very confident with the car so with a bit of luck & raw pace I hope I can spice things up in the standings.

2nd : Carre -> Qualifying P4

1. You missed out the pole by only 0,097sec. The Qualifying was very very close. Top 4 within 0,1sec. Do you think you've lost the pole position or are you happy with your lap ?

Carre : I was really happy with the lap, considering all the difficulties I've had during the week but it was a shame

2. Your pitstop was longer than normal due to a front wing change. Do you think you could've won without a damaged front wing 

Carre : No doubt of it. I had a surprising & very strong pace in the race but I damaged my wing in Lap 2 so I drove a full stint with damage & also had to put & change it. 

3. Your teammate michemery has let you through in S2 with just a few laps to go. Were you surprised by that & would you have done the same in his position ?

Carre : I would've done the same. It makes no sense to block your team mate when your front wing is damaged. 

3rd : Rikkurich -> Qualifying P9

1. You qualified 9th for the race with a 1;40,604. Are you pleased with your lap & what were your thoughts after the Qualifying session ?

Rikk : I wasn't happy after I made my lap because I messed up a couple corners but after seeing others laptimes, P9 was almost the maximum pace wise I could do. With my PB, I would've had P7.

2. You've found yourseld in P9 after an quite entertaining first lap. Looking back at it, you think you could've done anything better or just diffrente?

Rikk : I think for me, the first lap went how I wanted it to go. I didn't get any damage & that was the main goal for Lap 1. I managed to avoid Killerblue when he collided with Kuba in the last corner which would've ruined my race. P9 was a good spot to stay calm & watch others make mistakes.

3. People like Kim & Carre struggled to overtake you because of your massive top speed. They have put huge pressure on you to force you into a mistake. What is your secret to master those kind of situations?

Rikk :I did make some mistakes in the middle part of the track but it was really difficult to pass there. I wanted to have good top speed as it made defending so much easier.

4. Looking back at your race & performamce. Do you think it was your best race of the season ?

Rikk : For sure the best one yet. Pace wise I shouldn't be on the podium but with the setup, clean race & good luck I got the best result possible.
1 x
30 Wins
76 Podiums

rikkurich
Premium Member
Finland

Post by rikkurich » Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:28 pm

THE WINNERS' CIRCLE - AUSTRIAN GRAND PRIX D1

1st place: deki106   Qualifying: 4th

Q: The first stint was crazy at the front. Did you enjoy the battling or did you have moments where you thought this isn't going to end well?

A: I really enjoyed the first stint but sometimes it was over the limit and because of Falcon's driving, I got into P1 from P4 then down to P4 again because I got half spun by him then back up to P1 because Neyo, Carre and Falcon had some complications with each other. After Falcon wasn't there anymore it was enjoyable to defend of Kim and Carre.

Q: You had to defend your position against Carre many times. What was going through your mind during the last stint?

A: I just tried to stay in front. I knew he had a penalty anyway but I wanted to win it on track so I was kind of pissed when he overtook me due to a silly mistake from my side.

Q: Your aim is to always win for sure, but you did less practice, had a foot injury and you were out couple of races. Were you expecting a win at Austria?

A: No I didn't expect to win at all. I was speaking to Mich and Smithy just before the race and asked them if I should race because Austria is fun and to have 3 commentators is a bit too much. So I started the race with no expectations and then I somehow qualified P4 and managed to get into P1. When Carre agreed to the 1 stop I thought I could really win this and just tried my best to hold him up as long as possible. But you could also see that my pace wasn't where it should be so I definitely have to improve on that.

2nd place: KingKim71   Qualifying: 8th

Q: 2nd podium for you already and you had really good pace. Do you think a win would've been possible?

A: Yeah the win was possible. I was a lot faster than Deki in the race and he won. If I wouldn't have damaged my wing I think I would've won. But still a fantastic result from P8.

Q: You managed to stay out of trouble during first stint. Was it luck, skill, patience that got you through it?

A: You always need luck but I was very very cautious and didn't take any risks. There were 4 cars fighting in front of me and I knew that somebody had to make a mistake or crash. So it was a lot of patience too. Consistency and patience is everything.

Q: You got wing damage when Deki pitted. Was it a mistake to stay out for a few laps?

A: It probably was a mistake but the wing was only yellow and I thought that I could make up the time on a free track while others were fighting. But that didn't really happen unfortunately.

3rd place: KillerBlue195   Qualifying: 13th

Q: Brilliant drive from last to 3rd. You took advantage of only 13 drivers and qualified last with SS tires. Did you think your plan would get you this high in the race after qualifying?

A: After the very first practice I did and I saw how high the wear was on the US, I knew what my strategy would be, to start on SS and one stop. Luckily it paid off. I thought, if I avoided wing damage it would at least get me close to podium. It worked better than I was expecting though, thanks to the chaos at the start. For a time in the race I thought I could win it but in the end I'm very happy with the podium.¨

Q: What was going through your mind when you saw the front battling so hard?

A: I was scared! I knew I had the better strategy so I wanted to just hang back and follow them and then push after they pitted. I was forced to overtake Neyo and ended up nearly passing Kuba and lost time fighting when I would rather have just followed them round. I'm glad the fighting was so close though. It meant I could stay close behind and make my strategy work.

Q: You got a podium finish with a great strategy move. Do you think you have the pace to be on podium regularly or do you have to think different strategies in order to get there?

A: I certainly think I can get more podiums but with the strength of the grid it seems unlikely it will happen too often on pure pace. I think other drivers would have to make mistakes, or I would have to change strategy.
1 x

KillerBlue195
Premium Member
Great Britain

Post by KillerBlue195 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:31 am

Season 16 Organisers Confirmed:

The new orgniser team for Season 16 of the EPSC F1 league is confirmed today, with Smithy, Macca and Michemery sharing duties coordinating and managing the league from next season. Smithy and Macca will step up to share Lead Organiser duties with Michemery added as a co-organiser.

Macca and Smithy will continue to lead the league into new territory, as they oversaw the addition of a second division to the league for the first time in its history, as well as the addition of the popular Fantasy Race Predictor. Likewise, they have been responsible in leading a number of experimental changes, such as the switch to strict rules, alterations to the pre-race forum format and trialing a Driver of the Day system. In addition, they helped manage the league's first ever 100% race of the PS4-era at Belgium, Season 14, as well as a number of full qualifying sessions. Together with their new co-organiser Michemery, there is no doubt they will help the league evolve and grow as we approach the end of F1 2017 and begin to look towards what F1 2018 may have to offer.

Michemery joins the team with enthusiasm and a passionate drive to see the league succeed. The Season 14 champion, and a multi-race winner on F1 2016 and F1 2017, Michemery will add organiser to his already impressive league CV. 

Leaving the team of organisers is Lead Organiser, KillerBlue195. KillerBlue joined PRL at the start of the PS4-era for Season 11 on F1 2015. The Season 12 champion and Season 13 runner-up will depart his role as organiser after three full seasons in the role. Initially serving as co-organiser alongside Ne-yo1993, KillerBlue stepped up to Lead Organiser midway through Season 14, adding Macca and Smithy to his team. KillerBlue was responsible for the introduction of the News Room and the PRL performance rankings, which will be handed over to the new leadership team, as well as working with Smithy and Macca to introudce Division 2, and a number of other changes.
KillerBlue wil remain as a driver in the league, leaving the organising team with (mostly) fond memories of his time in the role.

Macca, Smithy, Michemery and KillerBlue will all serve as organisers for the remainder of Season 15.

By KillerBlue195
0 x

jeromef1
Director
Canada
Full Name: Jerome Berthiaume
Main Platform: PC
iRacing ID: Jérôme Berthiaume

Post by jeromef1 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:40 pm

Thanks a lot Jake for your time and leadership. It's because of passionate members like you that all this is possible.

From all the PRL Management, BIG THANKS!

P.S.: You can comeback as an organiser whenever you want :P
2 x
PRL Director & Owner

KillerBlue195
Premium Member
Great Britain

Post by KillerBlue195 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:12 am

jeromef1 wrote: Thanks a lot Jake for your time and leadership. It's because of passionate members like you that all this is possible.

From all the PRL Management, BIG THANKS!

P.S.: You can comeback as an organiser whenever you want :P
Thank you Jerome for the kind words!
3 x

Macca
Premium Member
Great Britain
Full Name: Ryan Mckeown

Post by Macca » Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:11 pm

LONG TIME RIVALS TEAM UP
With 4 Drivers Championships And 3 Constructors title’s between them we’ll see NeYo and KillerBlue team up to make the most successful team on next years grid. Known for having a friendly long standing rivalry on track, not mant would have seen this coming. It would have been unimaginable a few seasons ago. But with the league now stronger than it’s ever been, has the changing of the guard caused PRL’s veterans to team up? We catch up with them to find out more....

Q:So for S16 you’ll be partnered with your long time rival. What’s your initial comments on this?

NeYo: I'm glad & really looking forward to next season. To have a teammate you get on with makes the game more fun & we will help each other if needed.
Killer: I’m hoping it means I can improve. I’ve had a really poor season and have struggled a lot. With a teammate like Neyo who I get on with, I’m hoping it can propel me back towards the sharp end of the points for Season 16

Q: How did this partnership come about?

NeYo: Tbh, the idea came into my mind only a couple of days ago. On sunday I believe. Killer has no teammate since liam is gone & I'm alone at RedBull too. So perfect timing I guess. I hope our partnership will help killer to enjoy this game a bit as he is one of the longest prl member & it would be a shame if we lose him one day. Really nice Guy.
Killer: Mutual respect and admiration- we are both big fans of each other and we’ve enjoyed a friendly rivalry in S12 and 13. We were both without teammates for S16, so it was a good fit

Q: Despite being on track rivals you have both worked together off track playing a massive role in bringing PRL where it is today. Do you feel the experience and working together off track will help?

NeYo: It won't hurt. It helps that we know how the guy on the other side thinks. I think you can say we know each other to 100%. Off & On track
Killer: Yeah, I should think so. We both have great respect and I think that means we’re less likely to stand in each other’s way on track if someone needs the points

Q. This season will be the first time since S11 either one of you  wouldn’t have won the constructors. Do you think you can change that next season?

NeYo: Are we strong enough to win the constructors? It will be a hard task but even if not, life goes on. The world won't end. We all knows Killerblues potential. He was one of the fastest at the start of F12017 & consistency is one of his strenghs. I'm sure we will see him back on his top level next season.
Killer: 4. If I can pick my form up to the level where it was in S13, then there’s no reason why it can’t happen. Neyo has the speed, I just need to find some more to help him

Q (to Killer): You say you aren’t likely to stand in each other’s way if someone needs the points. Do you think one of youse can rediscover your championship winning form and challenge for the title?

Killer: It won’t be me. I have too much of a gap to climb and I don’t have the aggression necessary to attack hard and defend hard. I’ll be doing all I can to help Neyo try and win a fourth title though
0 x
S14, 15, 16, 17, organiser for the F1 European PS4 league
S13, 14, 15, 16, 17 driver in the F1 European PS4 league

S1 and 2 driver in the Project Cars 1 European PS4 league

PSN: xM-A-C-C-Ax

KillerBlue195
Premium Member
Great Britain

Post by KillerBlue195 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:31 am

Introducing Season XVI, Part I

As the D1 grid for Season 16 starts to take shape, and Season 15 reaches its climax, KillerBlue drills into the pairings already announced for the coming term.

I
If you absolutely had to call the Season 16 constructors’ title now, this is the pairing you would most likely plump for. With Deki entering his second full season in the league and, at time of writing, leading the Season 15 drivers’ championship and Jume a PRL stalwart (though largely absent for much of Season 15), this team has a potent blend of speed and dependability. If both are able to turn in consistent performances at the sharp end of the field, as you would expect them to, then it’s very hard to look past Deki and Jume for either championship. In Season 15, between them, this pair has notched up 8 wins in 15 starts, including the first four.

II
Michemery and Smithy represent something of an unknown quantity arguably heading into Season 16. Neither has met the heights expected of them this season after strong showings on F1 2016, with a collective 6 podiums from 28 starts this time round, 5 of which belong to Michemery. That said, the two share a good relationship that may play to their advantage, with both serving as organisers throughout S16 and enjoying a fledgling commentary partnership to boot This may be a case of the whole being greater than the sumof its parts, and while a drivers’ title challenge for either, at the moment at least, may seem too much of a stretch, a constructor’s title is within their collective powers.

III
Division 1’s most infamous pairing renews its partnership for a second successive season as the all-Irish pairing of F1Racer and Gary will be hoping to push on and chalk up regular points after a disappointing Season 15. Arguably, between them, these two share the most fiercely fought intra-team battle and are, equally, perhaps the most closely matched pairing on the D1 grid. Whether at Toro Rosso or elsewhere, the Battle of Ireland looks set to serve up another treat of a season in the term to come.

IV
The all-Dutch partnership of departing D2 frontrunner Jari and Dearagony promises to be one of the most exciting on the grid. Jari enters D1 on the back of a dominant showing in Division 2 and just how far he can go in the top tier remains to be seen. Meanwhile, if Dearagony can rekindle the form that saw him mount a title challenge in Season 13, then there is no question that consistent podium finishes are within reach of both drivers in the races to come. A challenge for either championship however, seems, on the face of it at least, unlikely, but never say never.

V
How the mighty have fallen. KillerBlue and Neyo have four PRL titles between them, three to the latter, and both will hoping to recover from a poor Season 15 by their standards. For Neyo, the season showed early promise with four podiums and a victory in the opening seven races, only to finish no better than fourth in the nine events since. For Season 12 champion KillerBlue, this term has been decidedly bleaker. A solitary podium at Austria captions a dismal showing with only three top five finishes and a spate of DNFs. A year ago, you would have been foolish not to mark this pair as favourites for both titles. Now, even regular podium finishes will represent a significant achievement.
2 x

Macca
Premium Member
Great Britain
Full Name: Ryan Mckeown

Post by Macca » Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:15 am

'End of An Era'
As season 15 nears an end we have two title battles still to decide. Deki or Carre, Jari or Army, two will be crowned champions. However, off the track it’s the end of an era. Abu Dhabi will be KillerBlue195 last race as an organiser. He is a massive reason the league is where it is now. Very successful on the track, however, season 15 hasn’t gone to plan. He’ll be hoping for a better season 16. His success off the track will mean PRL and their drivers will be forever grateful. During his time as organiser Killer has become one of the friendliest and nicest guys on the grid. He became lead organiser during S14, in which he overseen the introduction of two divisions for the first time ever. When he started organising we didn’t have a full grid, now we have two full grids. He also became known for his posts on the PRL forum, his writing skills are excellent (he’ll be reading this shaking his head in disappointment) that lead to some marvellous posts, which lead to some interesting discussions between the drivers.

The word ‘legend’ is thrown around loosely, however KillerBlue195 is a ‘Legend of PRL’.  A fantastic organiser, 1-time drivers champion, 2-time constructors champion, all round great guy. Thanks for all the hard work and commitment, all the best for the future!
4 x
S14, 15, 16, 17, organiser for the F1 European PS4 league
S13, 14, 15, 16, 17 driver in the F1 European PS4 league

S1 and 2 driver in the Project Cars 1 European PS4 league

PSN: xM-A-C-C-Ax

ne-yo1993
Premium Member
Germany

Post by ne-yo1993 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:23 am

Macca wrote:
'End of An Era'
As season 15 nears an end we have two title battles still to decide. Deki or Carre, Jari or Army, two will be crowned champions. However, off the track it’s the end of an era. Abu Dhabi will be KillerBlue195 last race as an organiser. He is a massive reason the league is where it is now. Very successful on the track, however, season 15 hasn’t gone to plan. He’ll be hoping for a better season 16. His success off the track will mean PRL and their drivers will be forever grateful. During his time as organiser Killer has become one of the friendliest and nicest guys on the grid. He became lead organiser during S14, in which he overseen the introduction of two divisions for the first time ever. When he started organising we didn’t have a full grid, now we have two full grids. He also became known for his posts on the PRL forum, his writing skills are excellent (he’ll be reading this shaking his head in disappointment) that lead to some marvellous posts, which lead to some interesting discussions between the drivers.

The word ‘legend’ is thrown around loosely, however KillerBlue195 is a ‘Legend of PRL’.  A fantastic organiser, 1-time drivers champion, 2-time constructors champion, all round great guy. Thanks for all the hard work and commitment, all the best for the future!
Well said & 100% true ! #ThanksKiller
5 x
30 Wins
76 Podiums

Return to “European F1 2017 PS4 Championship [S15]”