Round 10: Hungary - Hungaroring (15Jun17 @ 9pm EDT)

Sponsored by porq_chopz

**Broadcasted** | F1 2016 | Thursday @ 9pm EDT
AaronWebb85
Manager
United States of America
Full Name: Aaron Webb
Main Platform: PC
iRacing ID: Aaron Webb

Round 10: Hungary - Hungaroring (15Jun17 @ 9pm EDT)

Post by AaronWebb85 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:42 pm

Pre-Race Interview:
1) This week we are at Hungary, How do you like this track?
2) It looks like the 2010 RB6 will be in the next game.  Are you excited to drive a v8 once again? Any opinions on the car?
3) Now that we are about half-way through the season, how has the first half of the year gone for you?

0 x
PRL Manager and Steward
Career PRL Stats
8 Wins, 53 Podiums, 15 Poles, 23 Fastest Laps
PS4 pCars Friday Series S1 Driver Champion
7 Time Team Champion

nickthequick
Stewards
United States of America
Full Name: Nick Delp
iRacing ID: Nicholas Delp

Re: Round 10: Hungary - Hungaroring (15Jun17 @ 9pm EDT)

Post by nickthequick » Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:24 am

Pre-race interview is up!
0 x
Follow my Twitch channel here: www.twitch.tv/simracingam
Subscribe to my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCn6E_Bucgr5WSRMHA6cryNQ

El_Majacko
Premium Member
Australia
Full Name: Pearce Jackson
Main Platform: PS4

Post by El_Majacko » Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:30 pm

1) This week we are at Hungary, How do you like this track?
This has been one of my favourites for years! It's perfectly flowing with no corners to dislike. Fantastic.
2) It looks like the 2010 RB6 will be in the next game. Are you excited to drive a v8 once again? Any opinions on the car?
I'm more keen on the current cars and the proper classics. Something from this decade or even century doesn't belong in classics. V8s weren't that great either. The V10 era was the best.
3) Now that we are about half-way through the season, how has the first half of the year gone for you?
Not good enough. I've had such bad luck so far, being hit in Mexico, Japan, USA and Brazil, while I had a glitch in Austria, made my own mistakes in Germany and Britain which leaves us with the two races I won.
0 x

Hootius
Manager
United States of America
Full Name: Charles Sumner
iRacing ID: Charles Sumner

Post by Hootius » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:39 am

I raced here last season on the pad, and almost snuck out a point. Looking forward to seeing how I can improve with the wheel this season.

2) It looks like the 2010 RB6 will be in the next game. Are you excited to drive a v8 once again? Any opinions on the car?
I went 16 years between F1 games. So I have no idea about it tbh.

Started out promising, then had 4 terrible races. COtA lifted my spirits up, and the last 2 have been ok, except for that L1 incident at Russia. I only finished in the points 4 of the 9 races so far, which is below my goal of finishing P8-P10 for the majority of the races this season.
0 x
iRacing Oval Manager & PRL Chief Oval Steward
Career PRL Stats
15 Wins - 92 Top-5's - 12 Poles - 10 Fastest Laps
Project Cars GT3 Drivers Champion
7-Time PRL Team Champion

Twitch.tv/OldManHoot
Twitter.com/Hootius

porq_chopz
Veteran Member
United States of America
Full Name: Dallas Johnson

Post by porq_chopz » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:29 am

I really enjoy this track. It's probably my 2nd favorite right behind Austria. I felt it only right that I sponsor this one.
2) It looks like the 2010 RB6 will be in the next game.  Are you excited to drive a v8 once again? Any opinions on the car?
This is actually my first F1 game. I've been a fan of F1 for years and LOVE the v8s so I'm excited to see how the cars are in-game.
It's been pretty decent. And honestly right about as I expected. Been battling for points for almost all of the races. Had it not been for a couple bad luck races with a disconnect and lag causing a DNF I'd be sitting better with more points. Now if I can just stop finishing 11th and gain that 1 extra spot for the rest of the season I'll be extremely pleased.
0 x

nickthequick
Stewards
United States of America

Post by nickthequick » Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:19 pm

This is a very flow-ey track so if you mess up one turn it can compromise the whole sector.  I do like it though but not the best for overtaking so people will need to be patient.

It will be interesting to see how this car feel compared to the older F1 Games.  I am interested in it for sure as it was a great car in real life against the field.

The first half has gone pretty good.  I have had some bad luck which has cost me some points, but I like the fact that I have been compeditive almost every week with the grid as good as it has ever been.
0 x
Subscribe to my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCn6E_Bucgr5WSRMHA6cryNQ

ForzaAlonso14
Premium Member
United States of America
Full Name: Edwin Garcia

Post by ForzaAlonso14 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:36 am

As others have said this track has a very nice flow to it and once you are in the rythm it's great! Definitely one of my favorites on the calender and has normally been good to me in past league races. It's hard to not get frustrated following someone here for awhile but patience is key around this place and really picking the right spot to overtake otherwise might not end so well.

2) It looks like the 2010 RB6 will be in the next game.  Are you excited to drive a v8 once again? Any opinions on the car?

The RB6 was a fantastic car so being able to use it with codemasters recent psyhics will be a treat since things have massively changed since F1 2010. Very exicted to have v8s back in the game and finally having some real F1 sound back. With the recent reveal of the Ferrari cars and seeing the 2007 Ferrari in there as well will be great. I liked classic content on 2013 and while driving the older cars from 80's and 90's on 2017 will be great and pushing them to the limit  I'm gonna love using the early to mid 2000's cars as well! (Really hoping Alonsos 05 or 06 Renault makes it in but that's just my personal wish ;) ) also not sure if they have said anything on this but since they are bringing in classic cars I hope they bring classic tracks!

Not great to be honest. I came back last season at the very final race after having to step away around halfway point and won the Abu Dhabi race so I was feeling pretty confident going into this season. Unfortunately real life has stepped in knocking on the door and prevented me from racing in a few races (round 1, round 6 and 7) and then either DNF's or just bad luck in races has prevented me from fully getting back on form. Title hopes for both WDC and WCC are out the window but making my presence known again in this league is goal and I hope this 2nd half goes much better for myself. Finally got back to the top step of the podium after last weeks crazy race in Brazil and it felt good but still lots of work to be done. I've been racing here in PRL since F1 2013 (that lineup was very good as well IMO) but I gotta say our current grid is one hell of a line up and has made a lot of guys step up their game which has given me back that drive to push myself higher again.
0 x

jrod15243
Premium Member
United States of America
Full Name: Jarrod Bruno

Post by jrod15243 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:38 am

Hey guys - Not exactly a standard post, but I work at a fund in NYC and I cover stocks in the video game space so I have been attending E3 in Los Angeles this week. Last night I got the chance to meet Codemasters Creative Director for the F1 franchise, Lee Mather, and I got to play F1 2017 for about 30 minutes. 

Some quick highlights:
- F1 2017 Career Mode will have brand new R&D system that is much broader. Not only can you improve upon technical abilities of your car, but you can also improve certain traits of the team overall (i.e. you can work to make team perform faster pit stops, improve reliability of parts, or improve logistics team to ship R&D upgrades faster)
- R&D system for improving car parts is also improved vs simply moving from one stage to the next within engine, brakes, aero, etc .... described it as a skill tree system similar to what you see in many RPG games
- Career Mode will also introduce unreliability. You can now see a mini-map of gear box, engine, suspension, etc in addition to just tire temps & engine temps. You'll have to manage all of these elements of the car as you complete a race otherwise you risk blowing up and a DNF
- The 2017 cars handle beautifully. Much more mechanical grip in the corners and cars felt like they had significantly more grunt when exiting a corner and getting back up to speed. Really felt like I was able to find "the limit" and push car at that point without risk that I would suddenly get massive speed wobble like in F1 2016
- Creative Director wouldn't give much detail re: multiplayer and said they are waiting until after E3 to announce more, BUT he confirmed that you will be able to setup races with just 1 of classic F1 cars... so sounds like a league of all 2007 Ferrari's is doable
       + Also described a "class system" for tiering performance of the classic cars breaking them down into "fast" and "slow" cars....so you can setup competitive races against different classic F1 cars
- Audio & graphics were amazing. Can't stress this enough. Huge improvement on graphics from last year. Everything looks much crisper and more realistic
- F1 2017 will feature alternate track layouts (I raced at Bahrain Short for example), but will not feature classic tracks

Overall, the game looks amazing and they actually went to Barcelona testing to help generate their handling model for the 2017 cars. Creative Director sounds very excited about some of the multiplayer / league announcements coming in the next few day/weeks. 

Let me know if you guys have any other questions about the game. 

Thanks,
Jarrod
0 x

Hootius
Manager
United States of America

Post by Hootius » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:48 am

That sounds pretty awesome. Thanks for the update and hope you keep having a blast out there.
0 x
Career PRL Stats
7-Time PRL Team Champion

Twitch.tv/OldManHoot
Twitter.com/Hootius

AaronWebb85
Manager
United States of America

Post by AaronWebb85 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:39 am

That's awesome info Jarrod. Thanks man!
0 x
PRL Manager and Steward
Career PRL Stats
7 Time Team Champion

nickthequick
Stewards
United States of America

Post by nickthequick » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:11 am

jrod15243 wrote: Hey guys - Not exactly a standard post, but I work at a fund in NYC and I cover stocks in the video game space so I have been attending E3 in Los Angeles this week. Last night I got the chance to meet Codemasters Creative Director for the F1 franchise, Lee Mather, and I got to play F1 2017 for about 30 minutes. 

Some quick highlights:
- F1 2017 Career Mode will have brand new R&D system that is much broader. Not only can you improve upon technical abilities of your car, but you can also improve certain traits of the team overall (i.e. you can work to make team perform faster pit stops, improve reliability of parts, or improve logistics team to ship R&D upgrades faster)
- R&D system for improving car parts is also improved vs simply moving from one stage to the next within engine, brakes, aero, etc .... described it as a skill tree system similar to what you see in many RPG games
- Career Mode will also introduce unreliability. You can now see a mini-map of gear box, engine, suspension, etc in addition to just tire temps & engine temps. You'll have to manage all of these elements of the car as you complete a race otherwise you risk blowing up and a DNF
- The 2017 cars handle beautifully. Much more mechanical grip in the corners and cars felt like they had significantly more grunt when exiting a corner and getting back up to speed. Really felt like I was able to find "the limit" and push car at that point without risk that I would suddenly get massive speed wobble like in F1 2016
- Creative Director wouldn't give much detail re: multiplayer and said they are waiting until after E3 to announce more, BUT he confirmed that you will be able to setup races with just 1 of classic F1 cars... so sounds like a league of all 2007 Ferrari's is doable
       + Also described a "class system" for tiering performance of the classic cars breaking them down into "fast" and "slow" cars....so you can setup competitive races against different classic F1 cars
- Audio & graphics were amazing. Can't stress this enough. Huge improvement on graphics from last year. Everything looks much crisper and more realistic
- F1 2017 will feature alternate track layouts (I raced at Bahrain Short for example), but will not feature classic tracks

Overall, the game looks amazing and they actually went to Barcelona testing to help generate their handling model for the 2017 cars. Creative Director sounds very excited about some of the multiplayer / league announcements coming in the next few day/weeks. 

Let me know if you guys have any other questions about the game. 

Thanks,
Jarrod
Hey Jrod,

Did you get to play on a wheel?  If so could you comment on how the Force Feedback is or was?  Also could you explain if there was any differences to the HUD or overlays of the game?  I'm guessing there must be some youtube footage now, so I'll look on there as well.

Thanks!
0 x

AaronWebb85
Manager
United States of America

Post by AaronWebb85 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:44 am

Nick the reviews i have heard from 2017 testers is FFB is significantly better.
0 x
PRL Manager and Steward
Career PRL Stats
7 Time Team Champion

jeromef1
Director
Canada
Full Name: Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID: Jérôme Berthiaume

Post by jeromef1 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:23 pm

jrod15243 wrote: (i.e. you can work to make team perform faster pit stops, improve reliability of parts, or improve logistics team to ship R&D upgrades faster)
This is why Lance Stroll is at Williams!! They take the personnal jet of his dad to go get some part at the head quarters!! hahaha (and I'm not kidding -_-)
0 x
PRL Director & Owner

jrod15243
Premium Member
United States of America
Full Name: Jarrod Bruno

Post by jrod15243 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:37 pm

Hey Nick - No major changes to the HUD... some small ones but nothing that massively changed the experience. 
Force feedback was turned down when I first started, but when I turned it all up to 100 it was very strong. If the back end goes you better have strong arms/hands if you want to have any chance of saving it (in a good way... I thought last game FFB was too light) ... the curbing also felt a lot better and less like going over massive speed bumps. 
0 x

El_Majacko
Premium Member
Australia

Post by El_Majacko » Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:31 am

Q: 2nd
Got one good lap in. I'd like to know what mebbe had for lunch though!

R: 1st
Didn't have a great initial launch, with Forza looming large behind me. I covered the inside from him, but mebbe presented me with a chance to take the lead so I did. Alonso followed me through and seemed to have a pace edge, so I backed him up in a 6 car Jacko train until someone passed him (mebbe), then tried to escape. This worked, and some cars pitted on lap 6. An SC came out on lap 7, which gave people yet to pit a better time to pit while others respected the delta. Alonso put mediums on, which wasn't the right call in hindsight, giving me a pace advantage in the following stint. He also had to battle Dahy, giving me a good margin for my second set of softs which I could nurse to the end. Really happy with that one, redemption for last season where this was the only track I didn't score points in, with a horrific 11th. Hopefully Dubzzy is back next week!
0 x

Hootius
Manager
United States of America

Post by Hootius » Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:48 am

Q: 15th

R: 19th

No secret that I didn't have fast pace at all here, so I was aiming to tyre strat my way into a cheeky finish. Started the race on Mediums, and purposely fell back to 19th off of the start to avoid any possible Turn 1 damage. I think only 2 other cars in the bottom half started on the Mediums with me, so I  knew it would have to take a super clean stint on my part to make the strat pay off. Things were working out very well in my favor. I was able to pick off cars one by one who had softer tyres than me, and I was starting to get into a groove and feel confident that my strat would work. At the start of Lap 7, I had DRS and the slip from Bubba and right as I was closing in on him, my car sucked up to his car a lot quicker than just a moment before. Swung out to make the overtake and the rear-end of the car immediately went into a death wiggle. I tried to flutter the accelerator the best I could to tame her and not run into Bubba, then the car just snapped right into the inside wall, creating a SC at the worst possible moment for some really good cars that just got onto pit lane. It is one thing to ruin my own race, but I feel even crappier for putting others at a pretty bad disadvantage.

Outside of server instability in Nascar, I have been having my normal success. In the last month, my speed has improved in ProjCars and I have been knocking off Top 5s in the GT3 league. I am really really hoping with 3 good tracks for me coming up in Spa, Monza (my best track) and Canada, that maybe I can start a little momentum streak in this league too. I've got to do something to make up for the poor showing last night and overall this season.
0 x
Career PRL Stats
7-Time PRL Team Champion

Twitch.tv/OldManHoot
Twitter.com/Hootius

porq_chopz
Veteran Member
United States of America
Full Name: Dallas Johnson

Post by porq_chopz » Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:57 am

Q:18
I couldn't find any pace as I think this was my worst qualifying place when I actually put in a time.
R:14
Minor wing damage on lap one after touching Bubba. It wasn't THAT bad so I figured I'd push it til I needed to pit. Then on lap 2 contact with brian put me in the wall completely destroying my front wing sending my pit strategy out the window. SC came out at the wrong time yet the right time. I wasn't catching the field so the SC helped me there however my tires were so fresh It kinda threw a monkey wrench into my plans. All in all this is a race I wish I could forget.
0 x

Hootius
Manager
United States of America

Post by Hootius » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:28 pm

When someone rips their car in half like I did last night, it will either trigger a virtual safety car or a full-out safety car.

If it says virtual safety car, then you need to look at the timer in your upper right hand corner and just stay with a green delta. It takes a little bit of getting used to especially since it's easy to go too fast in turns, but that part's pretty self-explanatory.

If it's a full-on safety car, then everybody has to keep a delta for a certain amount of time before the delta is lifted and everybody can catch up to the back the pace car.

You can pit at any time, there's no restrictions against that. However if you speed on Pit Road or get any type of a penalty and it has you do a drive-through, that cannot be served under the safety car conditions. You have to take the drive-through penalty under green flag conditions.
0 x
Career PRL Stats
7-Time PRL Team Champion

Twitch.tv/OldManHoot
Twitter.com/Hootius

El_Majacko
Premium Member
Australia

Post by El_Majacko » Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:28 pm

0 x

Return to “American F1 2016 PS4 Championship [S8]”