Round 12: Canada - Circuit Gilles Villeneuve (5Apr17)

F1 2016 | Wednesday @ 9pm EDT
piboye
Elite Member
United States of America
Full Name: Drake Ranquist
Main Platform: PC

Re: Round 12: Canada - Circuit Gilles Villeneuve (5Apr17)

Post by piboye » Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:29 pm

bannerexpress wrote:
piboye wrote:
Tron4949 wrote:

What do you mean by this?
I was wondering the same thing, because we've set the cars to have equal performance.
That makes more sense.  Thanks for clarifying.
0 x

moogleslam
Premium Member
Scotland
Full Name: PJ Gaudie
iRacing ID: PJ Gaudie

Post by moogleslam » Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:03 pm

Hi organizers and everyone. I have a protest for this race where Gunner had a stop and go penalty because he received the notorious blocking penalty during the rolling start/formation lap. In the past, we'd do Reduced Rules for rolling starts, and then blocking penalties would give a time penalty which could be removed after the race by the organizers. Is that no longer the case, or were Reduced Rules not used here? Unfortunately, I can't remove a penalty that isn't a set amount of time.
0 x

patlessard
Premium Member
Jamaica
Full Name: Patrice Lessard

Post by patlessard » Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:27 pm

moogleslam wrote: Hi organizers and everyone.  I have a protest for this race where Gunner had a stop and go penalty because he received the notorious blocking penalty during the rolling start/formation lap.  In the past, we'd do Reduced Rules for rolling starts, and then blocking penalties would give a time penalty which could be removed after the race by the organizers.  Is that no longer the case, or were Reduced Rules not used here?  Unfortunately, I can't remove a penalty that isn't a set amount of time.
that's how it was set up we had problems to get the session going ,to give a chance to people who dropped we had to restart 2-3 times  , I dont see a reduced rules option
vlcsnap-2017-04-14-16h20m21s073.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
0 x
1st WDC S7 D4 Williams
Most Podiums in a Season S7 D4 (16)
Most Points Season S7 D4 (420) tied with Pirac
Most Fastest Laps Season (8) S7 D4 tied with Pirac
All Time Podiums D4 (20)
All Time Pole Positions D4 (12)
All Time Fastest Laps D4 (8)

LAcadien
Premium Member
Canada
Full Name: Donald Leblanc

Post by LAcadien » Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:43 pm

moogleslam wrote: Hi organizers and everyone.  I have a protest for this race where Gunner had a stop and go penalty because he received the notorious blocking penalty during the rolling start/formation lap.  In the past, we'd do Reduced Rules for rolling starts, and then blocking penalties would give a time penalty which could be removed after the race by the organizers.  Is that no longer the case, or were Reduced Rules not used here?  Unfortunately, I can't remove a penalty that isn't a set amount of time.
You cant reduce rules, thats why i hate doing rolling start with F1 2016. And if you not rolling fast enough, the game give you a penalty like the one Gunner had. And when we restarted, i couldnt change back my tire, the game set it on soft instead of super soft and i tried to change it but the game wont let me do it..  Restarting a sessions without qualify is really a big problem
0 x
World Drivers Championship S6 D4 (Sahara Force India) (9 wins - 15 podiums - 3 poles - 5 fastest laps) [F1 2013]
World Constructors Championship S6 D4 (Sahara Force India) [F1 2013]

World Drivers Championship S7 D3 (Scuderia Ferrari) [F1 2014]

LAcadien
Premium Member
Canada

Post by LAcadien » Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:47 pm

we tried the one lap qualify for formation but than again, its on a timer and if you are not fast enough, the game end the qualify even if somes have not pass the start / finish line.
0 x
World Drivers Championship S6 D4 (Sahara Force India) (9 wins - 15 podiums - 3 poles - 5 fastest laps) [F1 2013]

LAcadien
Premium Member
Canada

Post by LAcadien » Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:39 am

I think we should only restart in qualify if a time is not done yet. After a time is done in qualy, if someone disconnecting, we won't restart. If someone disconnecting at the begining of the race, like in Canada, we won't restart. Racers have to make sure their connection is stable and doesnt have something running in background that could create connection problem or lag. (I know sometime its STEAM) Restart don't work well at all with F1 2016. Each time we tried it, someone was getting a penalty or damage. It's not worth it. Let's hope F1 2017 will be online restart friendly
0 x

jeromef1
Director
Canada
Full Name: Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID: Jérôme Berthiaume

Post by jeromef1 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:36 am

LAcadien wrote: I think we should only restart in qualify if a time is not done yet. After a time is done in qualy, if someone disconnecting, we won't restart. If someone disconnecting at the begining of the race, like in Canada, we won't restart. Racers have to make sure their connection is stable and doesnt have something running in background that could create connection problem or lag. (I know sometime its STEAM) Restart don't work well at all with F1 2016. Each time we tried it, someone was getting a penalty or damage. It's not worth it. Let's hope F1 2017 will be online restart friendly
+1

I do not recommend to restart any of the races. This is why we have tweeked the rules accordingly. We do not support restart anymore except if no one has set a lap in qualifying or if the criteria of a mass disconnect is met.
0 x
PRL Director & Owner

LAcadien
Premium Member
Canada

Post by LAcadien » Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:51 am

jeromef1 wrote:
LAcadien wrote: I think we should only restart in qualify if a time is not done yet. After a time is done in qualy, if someone disconnecting, we won't restart. If someone disconnecting at the begining of the race, like in Canada, we won't restart. Racers have to make sure their connection is stable and doesnt have something running in background that could create connection problem or lag. (I know sometime its STEAM) Restart don't work well at all with F1 2016. Each time we tried it, someone was getting a penalty or damage. It's not worth it. Let's hope F1 2017 will be online restart friendly
+1

I do not recommend to restart any of the races. This is why we have tweeked the rules accordingly. We do not support restart anymore except if no one has set a lap in qualifying or if the criteria of a mass disconnect is met.
10-4
0 x

Falco Bronzo
Canada
Full Name: Gabriel Trudeau

Post by Falco Bronzo » Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:17 am

There is something I don't understand in the American Championship. In the European Championship we used to set the lobby to Friends Only and thus when someone disconnects he can just rejoins by himself. We never restarted a race in the EPCC over the course of the entire season. Why don't we do the same in the APCC??
0 x

jeromef1
Director
Canada
Full Name: Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID: Jérôme Berthiaume

Post by jeromef1 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:20 am

Falco Bronzo wrote: There is something I don't understand in the American Championship. In the European Championship we used to set the lobby to Friends Only and thus when someone disconnects he can just rejoins by himself. We never restarted a race in the EPCC over the course of the entire season. Why don't we do the same in the APCC??
Very good point!
0 x
PRL Director & Owner

patlessard
Premium Member
Jamaica
Full Name: Patrice Lessard

Post by patlessard » Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:58 pm

LAcadien wrote: we tried the one lap qualify for formation but than again, its on a timer and if you are not fast enough, the game end the qualify even if somes have not pass the start / finish line.
We were 18 racers when we tried it may be with only 10 guys it 'll be easier 
0 x
1st WDC S7 D4 Williams
Most Podiums in a Season S7 D4 (16)
Most Points Season S7 D4 (420) tied with Pirac
Most Fastest Laps Season (8) S7 D4 tied with Pirac
All Time Podiums D4 (20)
All Time Pole Positions D4 (12)
All Time Fastest Laps D4 (8)

LAcadien
Premium Member
Canada

Post by LAcadien » Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:11 pm

jeromef1 wrote:
Falco Bronzo wrote: There is something I don't understand in the American Championship. In the European Championship we used to set the lobby to Friends Only and thus when someone disconnects he can just rejoins by himself. We never restarted a race in the EPCC over the course of the entire season. Why don't we do the same in the APCC??
Very good point!
If they quit in qualify and comes back, they are gonna be just spectator but gonna be able to start the race (i think) If they quit the race and come back. they are suppose to be able to rejoin the car since the AI still on the track but i think we tried that before and they were not able to rejoin to race again, only spectators.. i can set it up on friends only and try it
0 x

piboye
Elite Member
United States of America
Full Name: Drake Ranquist

Post by piboye » Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:40 pm

Here is my race a Canada.  I captured both starts.  As Tron came back through the field, we had a good small scrap.  He made a really good pass on me and then I held with him for a couple laps longer.  Then it was a battle of managing gaps and pit strategy with Paul.
0 x

Return to “American F1 2016 PC Championship [S10]”