Round 13: USA - Circuit of the Americas (12Apr17)

F1 2016 | Wednesday @ 9pm EDT
jeromef1
Director
Canada
Full Name: Jerome Berthiaume
Main Platform: PC
iRacing ID: Jérôme Berthiaume

Round 13: USA - Circuit of the Americas (12Apr17)

Post by jeromef1 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:52 pm

Sponsor this circuit for only $2.95 USD

Pre Race Interview
1. How was your race in Canada?
2. We are going back to USA. How do you like this track?
3. Are you gonna watch the Chinese GP this weekend and who do you think will win?
0 x
PRL Director & Owner

LAcadien
Premium Member
Canada
Full Name: Donald Leblanc

Re: Round 13: USA - Circuit of the Americas (12Apr17)

Post by LAcadien » Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:34 pm

Pre Race Interview is up
0 x
World Drivers Championship S6 D4 (Sahara Force India) (9 wins - 15 podiums - 3 poles - 5 fastest laps) [F1 2013]
World Constructors Championship S6 D4 (Sahara Force India) [F1 2013]

World Drivers Championship S7 D3 (Scuderia Ferrari) [F1 2014]

Plasmaraider
Veteran Member
Germany
Full Name: Jordan Johnson

Post by Plasmaraider » Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:52 am

1. How was your race in Canada? Oh, its was a clusterf*ck but i ended up getting a good placing in 3rd and pulled through some tough spots, but i made a bad strategy decision which relegated me to the back. So it wasn't necessarely, bad but wasn't exactly good. My track cam is up on our previous race if anyone would like to see it, the first quarter of the race was hectic.
2. We are going back to USA. How do you like this track? Im mostly indifferent on the circut, the first sector is a hard one to master and can lead to a lot of mistakes, but it is overall a very grippy track, and sector 2 will likely lead to a lot of overtaking, especially on the long back-straight.
3. Are you gonna watch the Chinese GP this weekend and who do you think will win? I unfortunately won't be but i would if i could, i'm not exactly sure where to find it, i just watch the highlights on youtube, but i will be rooting for Vettel to win b/c i dont want Mercedes to win anymore, and naturally ill be rooting for Renault, and Sauber
0 x
I once won a race...
World Constructors Championship S10 (Reanult) [F1 2016]

Gunner
Organiser
Canada
Full Name: Matthew Gunderson
iRacing ID: Matthew Gunderson

Post by Gunner » Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:01 am

I was OK. My pace seemed fine, but my 5 seconds penalty for "blocking" and a seemingly bad tire strategy ended up costing me.

I enjoy COTA. The flowing S curves in sector 1 are either punishing or rewarding. Getting in the zone and keeping a rhythm here is key. I hope for a good points haul here, since the last 2 tracks are not my best.

3. Are you gonna watch the Chinese GP this weekend and who do you think will win?

I hope to watch it shortly! If it does indeed rain it is anybodys race, but it favors Hamilton and Verstappen most I think.( even though that Red Bull is off the pace at the moment) If the weather holds decent I am hoping for Vettel to challenge Hamilton all the way, I think it will be between them for the top spot.
0 x
Voted best organizer by myself.

patlessard
Premium Member
Jamaica
Full Name: Patrice Lessard

Post by patlessard » Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:23 pm

1. How was your race in Canada? Not good the game changed my starting tires while i was choosing my strategy... I had set up ultra softs for the start and only on lap 5 did i reàlize that i was on soft .... it messed my race up ,i was wondering why  every body was passing me at the start ...
2. We are going back to USA. How do you like this track? Its a good track
3. Are you gonna watch the Chinese GP this weekend and who do you think will win? Just watched it !! 
0 x
1st WDC S7 D4 Williams
Most Podiums in a Season S7 D4 (16)
Most Points Season S7 D4 (420) tied with Pirac
Most Fastest Laps Season (8) S7 D4 tied with Pirac
All Time Podiums D4 (20)
All Time Pole Positions D4 (12)
All Time Fastest Laps D4 (8)

Tron4949
Premium Member
United States of America
Full Name: Chase Terzian

Post by Tron4949 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:44 pm

Not very good, Qualified on pole but my game froze while I was trying to change my TS settings so I started in the back, then I got rammed into the wall at T4 after the saftey car restart and there was no recovering after that, was not happy at all..

I think it's the definition of an overbuilt circut.  I kinda like the flowing turns in S1 but that's about it - tons of blind corners which doesn't make sense to me, I feel like I have to guess where the apex will be most of the time which can get frustrating, to me this track has a ton of awkward corners one after the other without any good flow or transition, I have never been able to get into a groove here. 

Did, won't give anything away in case someone hasn't seen it - I will say that I went into the race favoring Ferrari.
0 x

TRG
Manager
Canada
Full Name: Tyler Gore
iRacing ID: 194814

Post by TRG » Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:31 pm

Hoping to join you guys tonight. I have some kinks to work out on my new setup, so hopefully I can do so prior to the session start.
0 x
PRL iRacing Manager & Chief Road Steward

piboye
Elite Member
United States of America
Full Name: Drake Ranquist

Post by piboye » Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:16 pm

It was mediocre. After the first start, I was up into 5th place. However, I didn't gain any positions after the second start. The rest of the race wasn't bad, but it just wasn't quick enough and I made too many small mistakes.

I love it, especially because I went to the race last year in Texas. It is fun to spot the places where we sat to watch qualifying and the race. I also like the good variety in the difference sectors.

Yup, I already watched it. Lewis will probably win Bahrain too.
0 x

Gunner
Organiser
Canada

Post by Gunner » Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:30 pm

Hey piboye,

I reviewed my recording and it looks like I spun you on lap 1 in the fist sector. I knew a car was on my inside and I planned to take that corner wide, but the apex is hidden there and it snuck up on me. I couldn't even feel it, and only noticed a flash in my mirrors. I'm really sorry if I did hit you causing that, totally not intentional. My fault.
0 x

piboye
Elite Member
United States of America

Post by piboye » Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:58 pm

Gunner wrote: Hey piboye,

I reviewed my recording and it looks like I spun you on lap 1 in the fist sector.  I knew a car was on my inside and I planned to take that corner wide, but the apex is hidden there and it snuck up on me.  I couldn't even feel it, and only noticed a flash in my mirrors.  I'm really sorry if I did hit you causing that, totally not intentional.  My fault.
Hey Gunner, it's alright.  I knew it was risky going into the esses side by side.  I went for a pretty nasty double spin, but luckily I didn't hit a wall, go into the gravel, or damage my car at all.  It just overheated my tires and I was able to catch up to the pack after a couple laps.  I was punching above my weight up there with you guys with an opportunistic move into turn 1 and would have fallen back through the field anyways.  And I still came away with my best result this season.  
I'll probably post my race soon so you can see my wicked spin.
0 x

Plasmaraider
Veteran Member
Germany

Post by Plasmaraider » Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:46 am

My view of the race, should've had it, raced horribly after an excellent qualifying, and im obviously very upset about the crash. Was getting tired at that point and barely even reacted to the car going off the track which can be seen when i try to correct about a half second before i impact the wall.

0 x
I once won a race...

jeromef1
Director
Canada

Post by jeromef1 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:32 am

Plasmaraider wrote: My view of the race, should've had it, raced horribly after an excellent qualifying, and im obviously very upset about the crash. Was getting tired at that point and barely even reacted to the car going off the track which can be seen when i try to correct about a half second before i impact the wall.

Your video is very laggy... Could create some lag online if your computer is working at 100% of its capacity.
0 x
PRL Director & Owner

Plasmaraider
Veteran Member
Germany

Post by Plasmaraider » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:02 pm

jeromef1 wrote:
Plasmaraider wrote: My view of the race, should've had it, raced horribly after an excellent qualifying, and im obviously very upset about the crash. Was getting tired at that point and barely even reacted to the car going off the track which can be seen when i try to correct about a half second before i impact the wall.

Your video is very laggy... Could create some lag online if your computer is working at 100% of its capacity.
That was an issue with my OBS, i was having the same issue with my streams, never affected game play or anything, just the video looks very ugly, ive since fixed the issue
0 x
I once won a race...

jeromef1
Director
Canada

Post by jeromef1 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:26 pm

Plasmaraider wrote:
jeromef1 wrote:

That was an issue with my OBS, i was having the same issue with my streams, never affected game play or anything, just the video looks very ugly, ive since fixed the issue
Are you running 1 or 3 monitors?
0 x
PRL Director & Owner

Gunner
Organiser
Canada

Post by Gunner » Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:40 am

My race highlights.  Tough start but the rest of the way went pretty well.

0 x

TRG
Manager
Canada
Full Name: Tyler Gore
iRacing ID: 194814

Post by TRG » Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:28 pm

Nice win. Great recap. Wish a hardware problem hadn't kept me out of this one :(
0 x
PRL iRacing Manager & Chief Road Steward

Plasmaraider
Veteran Member
Germany

Post by Plasmaraider » Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:09 pm

jeromef1 wrote:
Plasmaraider wrote:
jeromef1 wrote:

Are you running 1 or 3 monitors?
Im running 1 on a very good pc so im pretty confident it wasent my pc, i wasent feeling anything at least
0 x
I once won a race...

piboye
Elite Member
United States of America

Post by piboye » Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:10 am

Here is my view of the race.  I had a great start off the line and around the first corner.  My awesome spin at turn 3.  My slow catchup and how strategy got me up into the points.  And finally, how I finished in three different positions.
0 x

Return to “American F1 2016 PC Championship [S10]”