F1 2016 | Wednesday @ 9pm EDT
piboye
Elite Member
United States of America
Full Name: Drake Ranquist
Main Platform: PC

F1 2017 R3: Bahrain Reactions

Post by piboye » Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:16 pm

What did you guys think of that race?  Whose fault was the crash between Lance Stroll and Carlos Sainz Jr.?  What did you think about Bottas getting his first pole?  What was your favorite on track action?
0 x

Gunner
Organiser
Canada
Full Name: Matthew Gunderson
iRacing ID: Matthew Gunderson

Re: F1 2017 R3: Bahrain Reactions

Post by Gunner » Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:08 pm

Entertaining race, for a long while I really wasn't sure who would win with the different tire strategies. Real happy Ferrari showed while they may not have raw qualifying pace, their race pace is solid.

The Sainz/Stroll incident was all Sainz IMO. He wasn't along side in the braking zone, and had to know that "gap" was always going to close as Stroll hits the apex. Drivers will always claim innocence over the radio just for the fact of Charlie whiting hearing it.

Wonder what could have been if Max's car held up, Redbull looked closer on pace early on in the race, if only for the first stint.

Good for Bottas grabbing pole! Too bad it just wasn't there for him today. Great race from Vettel doing what he had to do for the win! Also after his last stop, Hamilton on a mission crushing in fast laps.

Poor Alonso. I truly feel bad for the guy, that Mchonda is worse than ever. He really is driving the hell out of that car to just not be at the back with Sauber. He deserves a better car for his twilight years, I belive him to still be one of the best drivers on the grid. No wonder he is skipping Monaco to have some fun.
0 x
Voted best organizer by myself.

jeromef1
Director
Canada
Full Name: Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID: Jérôme Berthiaume

Post by jeromef1 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:42 pm

Very fun race to watch! Shame on Lewis for his mistake, all his fault... WIthout that, he would have won. I hope Bottas will show better pace next race. Kimi... it's time to retire i think :(

Very good job from Vettel and Ferrari!

Stroll vs Sainz incident... Crazy that sainz tried, but Stroll took a very wide line and I would have done the same thing as Sainz. 3DNF in 3 races for Stroll... Even if it was not all his fault... Stroll is still dangerous and deserve to be out of F1 IMHO or receive a big penalty... I call him now Strolldonado!! :P
0 x
PRL Director & Owner

piboye
Elite Member
United States of America
Full Name: Drake Ranquist

Post by piboye » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:09 am

I agree that it was a pretty good race. I thought last season was good, but this season is shaping up to be an even better season. With Stroll and Sainz, I think the blame falls on both of them. I think Stroll needs to become more aware when people try to go up his inside. And Sainz probably shouldn't have tried. But Stroll needs to learn the other F1 drivers will always take an opening you give and won't back out easily.

I think it is cool that Alonso is going to the Indy 500. I like when the F1 drivers branch out, like Hulkenberg did at Le Mans a couple years ago. Do you think he has a shot a winning? Alexander Rossi, the previous American driver for Manor, won last year.
0 x

jeromef1
Director
Canada
Full Name: Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID: Jérôme Berthiaume

Post by jeromef1 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:13 am

I think all drivers who participate to Indy 500 have a shot on the win haha.
0 x
PRL Director & Owner

Return to “American F1 2016 PC Championship [S10]”