Round 10: Silverstone Circuit - Grand Prix (May 21)

**Broadcasted** | THURSDAY | Practice @ 6pm | Qualifying @ 9pm | Race @ 9:15pm (EST)
Season start on March 19th and end on May 21st
jeromef1
Director
Canada
Full Name: Jerome Berthiaume
Main Platform: PC
iRacing ID: Jérôme Berthiaume

Round 10: Silverstone Circuit - Grand Prix (May 21)

Post by jeromef1 » Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:05 pm

Race Time of day: 2020-05-23 19:00 1x
Race Length: 45 minutes
Max Incidents: Drive through at 11x, DSQ at 20x
Max Fuel: 50%
Start: Standing
Fast Repair: 0
0 x
PRL Director & Owner

Leedo
Premium Member
United States of America
Full Name: Don Lee
iRacing ID: 17144

Re: Round 10: Silverstone Circuit - Grand Prix (May 21)

Post by Leedo » Thu May 21, 2020 9:59 am

Hi guys - I'll be missing tonight's race.
I'm trying to fix a few major flaws in my driving, so it's a 'get slower and destroy more virtual cars now to try and get faster later' sort of situation. 
With so many close points battles happening I'd be very bummed to negatively affect those while getting used to a different way of driving.  Good luck to everyone and thanks guys for a good season - I'll tune into the broadcast and see how it's shaking out.
- Don     
1 x

ShadowNinjaPug
Premium Member
United States of America
Full Name: Raymond Deux

Post by ShadowNinjaPug » Thu May 21, 2020 3:16 pm

Unfortunately I will miss tonight's race. Good racing all.
1 x

dkranes
Premium Member
United States of America
Full Name: Daniel Kranefuss
iRacing ID: Daniel Kranefuss

Post by dkranes » Thu May 21, 2020 5:50 pm

I'm still working (remotely) and may miss tonight's race, not sure yet. We tentatively planned to deploy a production code fix at 9pm. Great timing of course.
1 x

bonaduce
Premium Member
United States of America
Full Name: Dan Barnett
iRacing ID: Daniel Barnett

Post by bonaduce » Thu May 21, 2020 8:38 pm

sorry for being in session. Installed my cooler today and my wheel is way screwed, looked kike I was playing Pole Position when turning left and right.

dan
2 x

mclachlanol
Organiser
United States of America
Full Name: Owen McLachlan
iRacing ID: Owen McLachlan

Post by mclachlanol » Thu May 21, 2020 10:19 pm

Great race and great season guys! Congrats to Dave for another championship and congrats to Greg making it a close season!

It's the end of an era with the F3 (maybe) and just want to say thanks to everyone for making it 4 great seasons with this car. Matt and I will be dropping back to the Amateur division next season (where our slow asses belong) so I would like to wish everyone best of luck and maybe I'll see you in another series sometime in the future.

For those of you going into the Amateur division I will see you in a few weeks.

Best,
Owen
3 x

code_greene
Premium Member
United States of America
Full Name: Mitch Greene
iRacing ID: Mitchell Ian Greene

Post by code_greene » Sun May 24, 2020 10:17 am

I should have received a bonus point for >3 incident points. I finished with 2 and then got 2 when doing donuts after the checkered flag. I wouldn't hassle anybody about it but it actually bumps me from 7th to 6th in the championship. Can provide video evidence if necessary. Thanks.
0 x

CajunGrit
Social Medias Manager
United States of America
Full Name: David Hebert
iRacing ID: David Hebert

Post by CajunGrit » Sun May 24, 2020 1:38 pm

code_greene wrote: I should have received a bonus point for >3 incident points. I finished with 2 and then got 2 when doing donuts after the checkered flag. I wouldn't hassle anybody about it but it actually bumps me from 7th to 6th in the championship. Can provide video evidence if necessary. Thanks.
Did you wait until everyone crossed the finish line before doing the donuts?  If there was anyone still finishing their lap then the points count against your total.
0 x

code_greene
Premium Member
United States of America

Post by code_greene » Sun May 24, 2020 4:01 pm

Yes. All of the cars had finished. According to my replay the last of the still running cars had just crossed the line before I started doing donuts.

Edit: Nevermind, didn't see Gore and Hebert had to complete another lap. Any chance we could make an exception? I think it's kind of silly that I give up a space in the championship because I did donuts.
0 x

TRG
Manager
Canada
Full Name: Tyler Gore
iRacing ID: 194814

Post by TRG » Sun May 24, 2020 4:56 pm

I had a drive through to serve as the white flag came out.

Make an exception? Absolutely not. You're in control of your own race, inclusive of the cooldown lap. Live and learn. As you said, you gave up a spot, no one else was involved.

End of story. Better luck next season!
1 x
PRL iRacing Manager & Chief Road Steward

CajunGrit
Social Medias Manager
United States of America

Post by CajunGrit » Sun May 24, 2020 5:23 pm

As a fellow post race donut lover, always run one extra lap before indulging.  Over the years, I’ve lost many a bonus point for post checkered flag shenanigans.  Silly to lose a championship position over donuts?  Absolutely!  But I wouldn’t worry about it too much, it’s all for fun anyways. 
0 x

code_greene
Premium Member
United States of America

Post by code_greene » Sun May 24, 2020 7:46 pm

If it's "just for fun" why be a stickler for the rules on this? Oh well. Your league, your decision then.
0 x

CajunGrit
Social Medias Manager
United States of America

Post by CajunGrit » Mon May 25, 2020 10:26 am

code_greene wrote:  If it's "just for fun" why be a stickler for the rules on this? Oh well. Your league, your decision then.
It’s not just our rules. Those are the rules that govern the sim. Don’t worry, one day you’ll look back and laugh as you tell your grandchildren about the time you lost P6 in the PRL Formula 3 Championship because of donuts. 
0 x

DeamingPie
Organiser
United States of America
Full Name: Erik Captain DNF Luke
iRacing ID: Erik Luke2

Post by DeamingPie » Mon May 25, 2020 10:45 am

code_greene wrote:  If it's "just for fun" why be a stickler for the rules on this? Oh well. Your league, your decision then.

Let me help you out and simplify this.

One of the main reasons, outside of the well established rules, is management and owners do not want to spend even more of their free time evaluating and adjusting points simply because people cannot follow the simple, previous aforementioned rules.  They spend enough of their free time making this league operate in a smooth manner, all of which is done voluntarily.  The absolute last thing they want to do spend even more of their free time making exceptions to people who cannot follow simple rules that have been in place since Christ was a corporal.   

I wish you the best of luck in the upcoming season.
4 x
2019 stats - 48 race starts, 46 DNFs

"You've been racing with your foot on the brake? What are you, a Florida F*&^ing blue hair?" - Wife

Looking for a button box?
https://www.facebook.com/apexbuttonbox/

code_greene
Premium Member
United States of America

Post by code_greene » Sun May 31, 2020 6:20 pm

DeamingPie wrote: "Let me help you out and simplify this."

"The absolute last thing they want to do spend even more of their free time making exceptions to people who cannot follow simple rules that have been in place since Christ was a corporal."
You guys really, really do not like me. I'm not sure where it started, but the tone you guys use with me in the forums is flat out disrespectful. I asked for a little leeway because I was doing celebratory donuts to mark working my *** off the entire season with my team to be where I was. I even offered to hand deliver the proof to you, to minimize the time spent on this. If you didn't want to do it, fine, I get it. But I don't need the way you guys speak to me, it's really annoying. Mocking the effort I put is with the grandchildren comment, and then speaking to me as if I'm simple. I'm done coming and posting to this forum. I'll get my info from my teammates second hand.
0 x

DeamingPie
Organiser
United States of America
Full Name: Erik Captain DNF Luke
iRacing ID: Erik Luke2

Post by DeamingPie » Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:16 am

code_greene wrote:
DeamingPie wrote: "Let me help you out and simplify this."

"The absolute last thing they want to do spend even more of their free time making exceptions to people who cannot follow simple rules that have been in place since Christ was a corporal."
You guys really, really do not like me. I'm not sure where it started, but the tone you guys use with me in the forums is flat out disrespectful. I asked for a little leeway because I was doing celebratory donuts to mark working my *** off the entire season with my team to be where I was. I even offered to hand deliver the proof to you, to minimize the time spent on this. If you didn't want to do it, fine, I get it. But I don't need the way you guys speak to me, it's really annoying. Mocking the effort I put is with the grandchildren comment, and then speaking to me as if I'm simple. I'm done coming and posting to this forum. I'll get my info from my teammates second hand.

I don't dislike you, I don't even know you, but here is what I will do for you (and I'll bet a dollar to a dime this is going to get me called onto the carpet with Jerome).

Send a PM to every racer who finished P6 through P18 requesting that the final results be changed giving you P6 in the championship.  In that request you will need to instruct them to forward me your PM giving their blessing.  If they all give their approval, I will have the final standings changed.  I won't even require the video proof, I will take your word for it. 

In regards to the "I'm not sure where it started" comment, for me it was the thread on next seasons car.  You were given paragraphs of information on why the change was being made, and you refused to accept the answer.  In short, you were making it all about you, regardless as to what other people had already voted upon.  Now once again, you are looking inward, all about you and how you worked your four points of contact off all season.  Here's the thing, so did a lot of other people, and none of them are asking management to "just make an exception".  You are asking management to open a can of worms that will become an endless slew of "make an exception" requests.  How is any of that fair to the people that followed the rules and to management?   

As for my "tone", when things are explained to you in a nice manner, you continue to argue the point.  The only thing that has seemed to work with you is to be blunt and matter of fact.  My actions are a direct result of yours.  Nothing more, nothing less.      

2 x
2019 stats - 48 race starts, 46 DNFs

"You've been racing with your foot on the brake? What are you, a Florida F*&^ing blue hair?" - Wife

Looking for a button box?
https://www.facebook.com/apexbuttonbox/

crich88848
Premium Member
United States of America
Full Name: Christopher Richards
iRacing ID: Christopher Richards

Post by crich88848 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:40 am

Maybe, just maybe, people don't like you because of your on track behavior. Especially during practice sessions. Anytime you come up on someone slower than you, you expect them to part like the red sea. Not gonna happen. You do not own the track, and we will not just sacrifice ourselves just because you are faster. It is your responsibility to safely pass. And then when someone doesn't just move out of your way regardless of where they are on the track, you start sending the ridiculous PMs. 
3 x

TRG
Manager
Canada
Full Name: Tyler Gore
iRacing ID: 194814

Post by TRG » Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:03 pm

Not like you? Don't even try to blame any of this on anyone other than yourself. You don't get to PM other drivers in-sim about them getting in your way during practice then come here and accuse us of not liking you. I have seen the screenshots and you haven't earned the right to play the respectfulness card like you're some saint on the matter... Combine this with the silly request asking us to bend the rules for you and it's no wonder you're getting lit up.

We're done talking about this. Thread locked, but my PM inbox is wide open....
3 x
PRL iRacing Manager & Chief Road Steward

Return to “Formula 3 Championship [2020/S2] - Sponsored by NinjaTrader”