(Null): Richmond Raceway (Apr 19)

**Broadcasted** | SUNDAY | Practice @ 6:10pm | Qualifying @ 9pm | Race @ 9:05pm (EST)
Season start on March 15th and end on May 24th
jeromef1
Director
Canada
Full Name: Jerome Berthiaume
Main Platform: PC
iRacing ID: Jérôme Berthiaume

(Null): Richmond Raceway (Apr 19)

Post by jeromef1 » Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:13 pm

Race Length: TBA
Max Incidents: 24
Fuel Limit: 100%
Start: Rolling
Fast Repair: 0
0 x
PRL Director & Owner

Hootius
Manager
United States of America
Full Name: Charles Sumner
iRacing ID: Charles Sumner

Re: Round 5: Richmond Raceway (Apr 19)

Post by Hootius » Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:06 pm

Pre-Race Questions:

1. 2nd time around with this low down force short track package. How to like it to the prior high downforce?

2. With no sports going on, a lot of "Best of's" have been airing on various channels. Has there been that one race or game that stopped you in your tracks that you had to rewatch again?

3. I know must of us are limited with what's going on in the world, but do anything fun on the weekend off?
0 x
iRacing Oval Manager & PRL Chief Oval Steward
Career PRL Stats
15 Wins - 92 Top-5's - 12 Poles - 10 Fastest Laps
Project Cars GT3 Drivers Champion
7-Time PRL Team Champion

Twitch.tv/OldManHoot
Twitter.com/Hootius

crashjr81
Premium Member
United States of America
Full Name: Steven Durbin
iRacing ID: Steven P. Durbin

Post by crashjr81 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:45 pm

1. I like it because there is actually spacing between cars due to skill differences instead of flat out and being on top of eachother the whole race.

2. The only one i have really watched was the 2007 Daytona 500. I was in the desert watching that race live and it was a good one. It was nice to see the old package when you had the draft packs as well as separation from tire wear and handling.

3. Nope, homework and cleaned out the garage with the wife lol.
0 x

scopiques
Premium Member
United States of America
Full Name: David Wilson
iRacing ID: 40975

Post by scopiques » Sun Apr 19, 2020 2:06 pm

Will miss this week again due to having to work extra hours during the corona thingy
0 x

chatley59
Premium Member
United States of America
Full Name: Brenden Chatley
iRacing ID: Brenden Chatley2

Post by chatley59 » Sun Apr 19, 2020 5:45 pm

1. I liked Bristol a lot more than I'm liking Richmond haha. I think it's more of the track for me than it is the package.

2. I really don't watch much TV when things air. I have a few shows that I DVR (since they're all on Wednesday and I run the truck league Wednesdays). So nope!

3. Besides our Friday night shenanigans with online Cards Against Humanity and Jackbox TV, I really haven't done too much.
0 x

gcosteloe
Rookie Member
Canada
Full Name: Geoff Costeloe
iRacing ID: Geoff Costeloe

Post by gcosteloe » Sun Apr 19, 2020 8:28 pm

Hey guys. Going to be MIA tonight I think. Been putting in a lot of practice for the Nurb24hr next weekend and am not comfortable enough to get around Richmond without being a rolling speedbump.
1 x

Hootius
Manager
United States of America
Full Name: Charles Sumner
iRacing ID: Charles Sumner

Post by Hootius » Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:08 pm

Hey guys. Here for a few words on that final restart:

This was a tough situation. By all accounts, Brayden made a mistake and started in 4th gear. Richard took off once Brayden tried to accelerate and Richard beat him to the line by over 3 car lengths as the rest of the field checked up. At the time of this happening, iRacing black flagged Richard. It sucks that this happened, but the admins were in no position at that time to make a judgement call on the track. If we are under yellow and we can try to make some things right when we can when specific situations arise, we try out best. Under green, especially with something as specific as going to the line, we go with the sim's judgment. We have it laid out in the rules about what we try to clear and how everything else is pretty much mercy to the sim.

There is talks now with admins about a 4th gear rule on a restart and how we want handle it in the future since this is the first time anything like this has happened before and there is no precedent for it. We would never dictate 2nd or 3rd gear, but obviously we could look at 4th gear errors since that would be just as dangerous as someone forcing an early wide which we do have a rule against, which comes with a hit on the caution point system.

This system isn't perfect, but we try to do the best we can with what we got and always try to improve upon it when a new situation arises that we haven't seen before. I always ask everyone to err on the side of caution and do what you can so we can avoid situations like tonight which puts us at the mercy of the sim's judgement at that time. It's possible to hand out a punishments after the race since that is how our system works, but to reverse a black flag (and subsequent DSQ) and move someone into a position based on what-ifs, that's pretty much impossible and a super risky situation.
6 x
iRacing Oval Manager & PRL Chief Oval Steward
Career PRL Stats
15 Wins - 92 Top-5's - 12 Poles - 10 Fastest Laps
Project Cars GT3 Drivers Champion
7-Time PRL Team Champion

Twitch.tv/OldManHoot
Twitter.com/Hootius

Return to “NASCAR Cup Series [2020/S2] - Sponsored by Diecast Kings”