Welcome to the PRL NASCAR Cup Series! The 2020/Season 2 Sunday series will be held in the NASCAR A Class Fixed (Cup Cars)!
Series organizers: Charles Sumner, Bradley Holly, Brenden Chatley
INFORMATION & FAQ
When does the season start and end? 2020 Season 2 will start on March 15th and will end on May 24th. There will be a break week on April 12th for Easter.
When can I signup? Now! But note that signup will closed on March 8th.
How many races in the season? There will be 10 races in the season.
Is there any drop week? Each driver gets 1 drop week. The Season Finale race will not be allowed to count as a drop week, only Races 1-9. There is no drop week for the Team Championship as it takes the top 2 finishes out of the 3 drivers for that race.
What day/time do races start? Races are on Sunday. The session start at 6:10pm with the qualifying at 9pm (EST).
How many seats are available? There is a maximum of 30 seats available.
Is this championship broadcasted? Yes!!! However due to prior obligations our broadcasters have, a couple of our races will not be able to be broadcasted. More details in the broadcast links thread.
How can I register? To register, you must first read the entire thread. After, at the bottom, you will find a Google Form that you'll need to fill out.
Is there any fees to signup? To help cover the cost of broadcasting, the fee will be $10 for the season. All drivers will be required to pay the fee prior to the start of the season to claim a seat. If you miss any races or drop out mid season, you will not be refunded any of the sign up fees you paid.
How can I make sure I'll have a seat? Here is the seat priority for this series:
- Full time seats will only be assigned to drivers who have shown good participation in their past PRL seasons, and to new drivers (innocent until proven guilty).
- The Premium Members will always have a full time seat as soon as they sign up 1 week before the season start.
- The last season's drivers will be assigned to a full time seats prior to the new drivers as soon as they sign up 1 week before the season start. To be considered as a returning driver, you must have attended a minimum of 5 races.
- If you sign up but have not shown good participation in the past, you may be placed to the waiting list. If you get a full time seat, you'll have to prove us you can attend each race.
Do I need to have a specific license, iRating or Safety Rating? It is required to have a minimum of C 2.0 license for asphalt oval races (any other discipline will only require a D 2.0). There is no restriction for iRating at this time, but may change in the future.
Can I register as part of a team? Of course! But each driver of the team must create an account on the PRL forum and register for the series.
How are car numbers handled? Any returning league driver from the previous season has the rights to the number they used in that previous season, as long as they are signed up and pay their dues 1 week prior to the start of the season. All un-used numbers may be claimed in order of First-come, First-serve by this ranking: Premium<-Returning Driver<-New Driver. A returning driver may change their number if they wish, but full into the order listed above by ranking. After ranking, the order is determined by sign-up order.
Can I use the paint I want? Yes, but you must respect the Paint Rules of iRacing ESports Network on GSRC broadcast. Also, to support our sponsors, we will force a decal to the windshield banner of your car on the broadcast.
What happens if I'm removed from the full time driver list? You may be moved to the waiting list for one of the reason mentioned above. If there is a seat that becomes free, you will be contacted by email or on the iRacing website.
What is the structure of a race day?
- Race Day: Sunday
- Practice: 6:10pm EST (170 minutes)
- Qualifying: 9pm EST (5 minutes / 2 laps)
- Race: 9:05pm EST (laps / max. 60 minutes)
What is the points system? The full scoring system is available in the Rules Document you will find below.
All Official PRL Championship’s shall adhere to the site wide PRL Rules & iRacing Sporting Code. All rules mentioned below surpass PRL & iRacing Sporting Code rules.
- The entry fee isn't refundable as soon as the season starts
- You will be removed from the driver list of you haven't paid a week prior the season start
- If you have paid and are moved to the waiting list because a Premium member or returning driver signup and the list is full, you'll be refunded.