Round 2: Donington Park Racing Circuit - Grand Prix (Dec 19 2019)

**Broadcasted** | THURSDAY | Practice @ 6pm | Qualifying @ 9pm | Race @ 9:15pm (EST)
Season start on December 12th and end on February 27th
TRG
Manager
Canada
Full Name: Tyler Gore
Main Platform: PC
iRacing ID: 194814

Round 2: Donington Park Racing Circuit - Grand Prix (Dec 19 2019)

Post by TRG » Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:37 pm

Practice: 2020-04-01 10:40
Qualifying: 2020-04-01 13:40
Race: 2020-04-01 13:55
Race Length: 45 minutes
Max Incidents: 20
Max Fuel: 50%
Start: Standing
Fast Repair: 0

Pre-Race Interview:

1- After a great stay in Japan, we are headed to Donington!  Don't let this short track fool you, it is indeed a very fast track to race on!  What is your favorite British track to race on? (anyone who says Oulton Park gets a drive through penalty)

2- How was your first race of the season?  Any good battles with new faces?  Did you exceed your expectations?

3- What is better, Left hand drive or Right hand drive?  Would you drive a RHD vehicle on roadways designed for LHD?  If so, please explain your desire for a shorter lifespan than the rest of us.
0 x
PRL iRacing Manager & Chief Road Steward

BWood88
Premium Member
United States of America
Full Name: David Blackwood
iRacing ID: David Blackwood

Re: Round 2: Donington Park Racing Circuit - Grand Prix (Dec 19 2019)

Post by BWood88 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:25 pm

I will have to sit this one out. Daughter has a little school play for Christmas.
1 x

TRG
Manager
Canada
Full Name: Tyler Gore
iRacing ID: 194814

Post by TRG » Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:27 pm

Family comes first. All good man, thanks for the advance notice.
1 x
PRL iRacing Manager & Chief Road Steward

Gunner
Organiser
Canada
Full Name: Matthew Gunderson
iRacing ID: Matthew Gunderson

Post by Gunner » Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:11 pm

Pre- Race Interview is up!
0 x
Voted best organizer by myself.

JFMatte
Premium Member
Canada
Full Name: Jean-Francois Matte
iRacing ID: 104905

Post by JFMatte » Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:36 am

1- After a great stay in Japan, we are headed to Donington!  Don't let this short track fool you, it is indeed a very fast track to race on!  What is your favorite British track to race on? (anyone who says Oulton Park gets a drive through penalty)

I really like Donington, but my favourite British track is Brands Hatch, specially in formula cars. We had an epic World Championship last year there with the Lotus 79. The Finns were just untouchable.

2- How was your first race of the season?  Any good battles with new faces?  Did you exceed your expectations?

Enjoyed my first race in this league very much. Fast&clean. Had good battles, heck the slightest mistake would cost you LOTS of position, P5 to P20 we're like all 1.5 secondes apart for long stretch of the race. Enjoyed a good fight with Nicholas Delp, twice he tried to get me at the last chicane, 2nd time was the right one for him. Since we slightly touched the first time going in there side by side, I didn't insist that much the second time around.

3- What is better, Left hand drive or Right hand drive?  Would you drive a RHD vehicle on roadways designed for LHD?  If so, please explain your desire for a shorter lifespan than the rest of us. 

This summer I ended up downtown London on a friday at 17h by mistake (thanks Google map), with a LHD car from France, with a 2h experience driving on the wrong side of the road. Pure nightmare, I felt sick in my stomach (something like what VR would do), my brain couldn't compute what was going on. But somehow enjoyed it at the same time ! 
2 x

nickthequick
Stewards
United States of America
Full Name: Nick Delp
iRacing ID: Nicholas Delp

Post by nickthequick » Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:52 pm

After a great stay in Japan, we are headed to Donington!  Don't let this short track fool you, it is indeed a very fast track to race on!  What is your favorite British track to race on? (anyone who says Oulton Park gets a drive through penalty)

That is a very tough question.  I have always enjoyed Silverstone, but do also like Brands Hatch and Donington.  I have not raced Oulton park in a very long time so I will have to reserve judgement on that one for now.

How was your first race of the season?  Any good battles with new faces?  Did you exceed your expectations?

My qualification was much better than expected however I spun the tires at the start and it put me on the back foot.  I should have probably been back up to P5 or P6 on pace, but I also had a weird PC slowdown during the pitstop phase and had some netcode which resulted in a spin.  Not sure what that was all about.  I will take a top 10 though for sure!

What is better, Left hand drive or Right hand drive?  Would you drive a RHD vehicle on roadways designed for LHD?  If so, please explain your desire for a shorter lifespan than the rest of us.

I feel like this question was directed at someone personally lol. I have never driven a manaul right-handed drive car in real life and honestly, I would be quite scared to but I think its more about driving on the opposite site of the road.  Unfortunately, I am a big creature of habit so I know I would be on the wrong side of the road all the time if there were no other cars around to follow.  This would take me a while to sort out... 
0 x
Follow my Twitch channel here: www.twitch.tv/simracingam
Subscribe to my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCn6E_Bucgr5WSRMHA6cryNQ

paulwildridge
Premium Member
United States of America
Full Name: Paul Wildridge
iRacing ID: Paul Wildridge

Post by paulwildridge » Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:36 am

1. I would say brands hatch. Can’t even remember oulton park

2. Def has good battles. Didn’t realize I cut someone off bad turn 1-2 complex so sorry whoever that was and thanks for checking up! One person who will remain nameless was driving like a **** but that’s life. For my race it was good until my dumbass came in too hot in the pits and got a hold penalty. 40 seconds... seriously.

3. Never had the opportunity to drive anything other the lhd
0 x
"I wipe my own ***"

CajunGrit
Social Medias Manager
United States of America
Full Name: David Hebert
iRacing ID: David Hebert

Post by CajunGrit » Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:47 am

1- Is Silverstone in British?  I’m not big on the European city states thing...

2- I love Suzuka, so even if I’m just hot lapping I’m having fun. Hoping to catch my boy Danny Barnett before the season’s over. 

3- Can’t i just sit in the middle like God and Paul McCarney intended?

PS - We have a Cub Scout meeting at 6pm. It’s out first meeting with the new pack so I’m not sure how late they party. I might be cutting it real close, but fingers are crossed that i can make it. 
0 x

nickthequick
Stewards
United States of America

Post by nickthequick » Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:47 pm

Hopefully we should be good this week for the damage looking from the patch notes:

Dallara F3
- Damage yield limits for the chassis and floor have been increased to reduce damage from minor
ground strikes.
3 x
Subscribe to my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCn6E_Bucgr5WSRMHA6cryNQ

mclachlanol
Organiser
United States of America
Full Name: Owen McLachlan
iRacing ID: Owen McLachlan

Post by mclachlanol » Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:01 pm

Nice!
0 x

nickthequick
Stewards
United States of America

Post by nickthequick » Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:52 pm

I will try to run some practice laps tonight to confirm.  I did a bit of practice before this patch and I was not noticing this happening when being on track and running on the curbs, however if I ran wide or had to avoid another car and got onto the grass i did get the 30 second mandatory repairs, so lets see what happens post patch.
0 x

mclachlanol
Organiser
United States of America
Full Name: Owen McLachlan
iRacing ID: Owen McLachlan

Post by mclachlanol » Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:27 pm

1. I'm not the biggest fan of any British track to be honest but if I had to choose it would be Silverstone.

2. Got a top ten last race which is a win for me. Had a lot of close racing too, hopefully the rest of the season will go that way.

3. Never driven a RHD car. I don't think I would know what to do with the shifter on the wrong side.
0 x

dkranes
Premium Member
United States of America
Full Name: Daniel Kranefuss
iRacing ID: Daniel Kranefuss

Post by dkranes » Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:19 pm

1- After a great stay in Japan, we are headed to Donington!  Don't let this short track fool you, it is indeed a very fast track to race on!  What is your favorite British track to race on? (anyone who says Oulton Park gets a drive through penalty)

I like Donington but I'll give the nod to Silverstone.

2- How was your first race of the season?  Any good battles with new faces?  Did you exceed your expectations?

I had an early spin but then a lot of good luck the rest of the way.  My battle with Joshua Daniels at the end was fun.

3- What is better, Left hand drive or Right hand drive?  Would you drive a RHD vehicle on roadways designed for LHD?  If so, please explain your desire for a shorter lifespan than the rest of us.
They're both fine as long as you're on the correct side of the road for the vehicle.  Anything else is lunacy, especially at night.
0 x

Hootius
Manager
United States of America
Full Name: Charles Sumner
iRacing ID: Charles Sumner

Post by Hootius » Thu Dec 19, 2019 12:02 am

1. I enjoy a nice tour around Snetterton. 200 layout is best layout!

2. I unfortanetly got no practice due to kid's after school chorus. I like Suzuka and should have done better with proper practice. Getting wing damage directly after the pit stop and having to limp around the final half of the race was a bummer. Fun little battle with Mr. Hebert that last little bit.

3. What kind of witchcraft is RHD?!?!?!
0 x
iRacing Oval Manager & PRL Chief Oval Steward
Career PRL Stats
15 Wins - 91 Top-5's - 12 Poles - 10 Fastest Laps
Project Cars GT3 Drivers Champion
6-Time PRL Team Champion

Twitch.tv/OldManHoot
Twitter.com/Hootius

nickthequick
Stewards
United States of America

Post by nickthequick » Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:42 am

Did some testing on the curbs and also just ran straight through the grass and the most I saw was .5 of optional repairs so it looks like iRacing's fix worked. I think there should be no need for a fast repair unless someone else has seen different.
0 x

Gunner
Organiser
Canada
Full Name: Matthew Gunderson
iRacing ID: Matthew Gunderson

Post by Gunner » Thu Dec 19, 2019 12:39 pm

nickthequick wrote: Did some testing on the curbs and also just ran straight through the grass and the most I saw was .5 of optional repairs so it looks like iRacing's fix worked.  I think there should be no need for a fast repair unless someone else has seen different.
I agree Nick, I have seen no source of damage unless it was totally warrented. We won't be using the fast repair again this round. 
0 x
Voted best organizer by myself.

kart7990
Premium Member
United States of America
Full Name: David Holland
iRacing ID: 29351

Post by kart7990 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:06 pm

I was in an official race yesterday and there appears to be a bug with the starting lights. 2nd and 3rd place did not get the starting lights, and were unable to put their car in gear when it went green. These are both great drivers so I don't think it was any kind of mistake. They both mentioned they would be reporting it to iRacing after the race. One of them said it was the second time after the hotfix that it happened to him. Needless to say, there was a massive pile up. Hopefully the iRacing gods are on our side tonight.
1 x

Ad1210
Premium Member
Australia
Full Name: Andrew Duffy
iRacing ID: Andrew Duffy

Post by Ad1210 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 4:04 pm

Gents, I'm currently sick as a dog so will be unable to race today.

Andrew Duffy
0 x

Leedo
Premium Member
United States of America
Full Name: Don Lee
iRacing ID: 17144

Post by Leedo » Thu Dec 19, 2019 5:03 pm

Silverstone for sure.  Or Oulton Park...ar ar.  I might start from the pits this week - not enough practice starts and been in (including causing) some wrecks in pickup races this week.

First race here was good, the lone goal was not to wreck any of my new league mates and that goal was accomplished.  Exceeded expectations - you guys here run a well-organized league, the driver's meeting was very good. 

LHD, being from the States.  But I did drive in England with a stick-shift rental car for almost a week.  That was an experience.
0 x

eleblanc
Premium Member
Canada
Full Name: Eric Leblanc
iRacing ID: Eric Leblanc

Post by eleblanc » Thu Dec 19, 2019 5:45 pm

kart7990 wrote: I was in an official race yesterday and there appears to be a bug with the starting lights. 2nd and 3rd place did not get the starting lights, and were unable to put their car in gear when it went green. These are both great drivers so I don't think it was any kind of mistake. They both mentioned they would be reporting it to iRacing after the race. One of them said it was the second time after the hotfix that it happened to him. Needless to say, there was a massive pile up. Hopefully the iRacing gods are on our side tonight.
I was there, caused one mega pill up, F3 were pilling like a mountain in front.. :o
0 x

Return to “Formula 3 Championship [2020/S1] - Sponsored by NinjaTrader”