Race 4: Michigan International Speedway (Jan 15)

**Broadcasted** | WEDNESDAY | Practice @ 6:10pm | Qualifying @ 9pm | Race @ 9:05pm (EST)
Season start on December 11th and end on February 26th
Bradley Holly
Organiser
United States of America
Full Name: Bradley Holly
Main Platform: PC
iRacing ID: Bradley Holly

Re: Race 4: Michigan International Speedway (Jan 15)

Post by Bradley Holly » Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:34 pm

Jake Hounshell wrote:
Bradley Holly wrote: Jake Hounshell i had a blast running side by side with you last night and everyone else that i battle with it was alot of fun when we where green
Absolutely, Bradley. Thank you. I did as well. If I can get qualifying down on this tire model, hopefully I'll be up there more often.
i know you will and i am looking forward to it and racing with you for the rest of the season 
0 x

NexusPaul
Rookie Member
United States of America
Full Name: Paul Johnson
iRacing ID: 112871

Post by NexusPaul » Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:41 pm

pwilliams84 wrote:
tcallahan707 wrote:
pwilliams84 wrote:

we have people this season that believe they are running an open setup out there. we have people that ask how lucky dogs work and what pit parties are.

if anyone is reading this that believes they fall into the above category, or are self aware enough to know that they are terrible, please contact me directly and i will send you $6 in exchange for you not showing up for the remaining 6 races.

yours truly,
WC
I was confused when I first loaded the race today. I connected VRS setups and PRL because I joined the Daytona 24 the other day. I have also only ran Eldora since week 1, over a month ago (missed Iowa). It was an honest mix up thinking it was open. And if I'm being honest, I also don't fully understand all the nuances to the lucky dog. I thought I did but I still have moments where it does something different than I expect. Oh, and I couldn't tell you what a pit party is. 

Based on the above, I believe I qualify as the audience for your post. 

See you next week,
TC
the post was sorta tongue in cheek. sorta. 

i didn’t see anything from you to place you in my buyout offer box. then again i only got to run 5.5 laps.

we’ve got some serious problems here folks, and they need to get addressed. quickly. before we continue to lose good people like Paul who may not be perfect, but enters each race with the intention of running people clean and making good decisions.

i’ve held off on posting in fear of reprimand, but thanks to an influx of clowns that have joined some pre-existing clowns i don’t really care anymore. 

this is beginning to not be fun anymore. every one of us has limited time for enjoyment, and for some of us getting on a computer and racing a pretend racecar around a pretend track for 2 hours is a pretty selfish activity when you have a family. i’d like for it to be worth it. 

if your attitude is that you just don’t give a **** what happens on the track, get the hell out of here. i don’t care if it’s your first season or if you pre-date me or some of the organizers. not giving a damn is for official racing, so i’ve learned. 

we shouldn’t need organizers to create rules to fix this. just stop doing stupid stuff. 

don’t exit turn 2 on a guys right rear quarter panel on lap 1 just because you can. 

don’t bump draft while 3 wide in the middle of a corner 5 laps into a race. 

when everyone else checks up because someone slipped up and they are trying to not cause a wreck don’t dive to the bottom and pass 6 cars and twitch clip it because you think ur 19 year old worm food. you’re not cool. there’s no prize money. you’re a douchebag. 

when there’s a wreck check up, don’t floor it hoping you get 3 spots before the caution is called. if this is your mentality you suck anyway and you’ll lose those 3 spots right back so what does it matter.

if you make a mistake and lose a ton of momentum drop out of the racing line and blend back in when you’re back up to speed. yes, you’re gonna lose spots. you should. that’s called a consequence of a mistake and you deserve it, but it’s okay you can recover. don’t make your mistake everyone else’s problem. 

go the speed limit on pit road. if you don’t, expect the guy behind you to push you the proper speed, because passing you would be more catastrophic. 

organizers shouldnt need to police this, but i will say when protests come in that call this behavior out it needs to be taken seriously. often times the cautions are a consequence of something else happening before them that should be penalized. 

if you engage in the above activities and you’re anywhere near me you won’t finish anywhere near where you could have because i’m not giving an inch. my seasons ruined so i’ll gladly finish 25th to make sure you finish 26th. 

we were better than this. 
Thank you.

Paul, I had a ton of fun racing you last season in the cup series and was looking forward to racing you in this series, as we all learn this new tire model.

I may come back next week it just depends on how i am feeling that week.
0 x

tcallahan707
Premium Member
United States of America
Full Name: Tristan Callahan
iRacing ID: Tristan Callahan

Post by tcallahan707 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:38 pm

pwilliams84 wrote:
tcallahan707 wrote:
pwilliams84 wrote:

we have people this season that believe they are running an open setup out there. we have people that ask how lucky dogs work and what pit parties are.

if anyone is reading this that believes they fall into the above category, or are self aware enough to know that they are terrible, please contact me directly and i will send you $6 in exchange for you not showing up for the remaining 6 races.

yours truly,
WC
I was confused when I first loaded the race today. I connected VRS setups and PRL because I joined the Daytona 24 the other day. I have also only ran Eldora since week 1, over a month ago (missed Iowa). It was an honest mix up thinking it was open. And if I'm being honest, I also don't fully understand all the nuances to the lucky dog. I thought I did but I still have moments where it does something different than I expect. Oh, and I couldn't tell you what a pit party is. 

See you next week,
TC

i didn’t see anything from you to place you in my buyout offer box. then again i only got to run 5.5 laps.

we’ve got some serious problems here folks, and they need to get addressed. quickly. before we continue to lose good people like Paul who may not be perfect, but enters each race with the intention of running people clean and making good decisions.

i’ve held off on posting in fear of reprimand, but thanks to an influx of clowns that have joined some pre-existing clowns i don’t really care anymore. 

this is beginning to not be fun anymore. every one of us has limited time for enjoyment, and for some of us getting on a computer and racing a pretend racecar around a pretend track for 2 hours is a pretty selfish activity when you have a family. i’d like for it to be worth it. 

if your attitude is that you just don’t give a **** what happens on the track, get the hell out of here. i don’t care if it’s your first season or if you pre-date me or some of the organizers. not giving a damn is for official racing, so i’ve learned. 

we shouldn’t need organizers to create rules to fix this. just stop doing stupid stuff. 

don’t exit turn 2 on a guys right rear quarter panel on lap 1 just because you can. 

when everyone else checks up because someone slipped up and they are trying to not cause a wreck don’t dive to the bottom and pass 6 cars and twitch clip it because you think ur 19 year old worm food. you’re not cool. there’s no prize money. you’re a douchebag. 

when there’s a wreck check up, don’t floor it hoping you get 3 spots before the caution is called. if this is your mentality you suck anyway and you’ll lose those 3 spots right back so what does it matter.

if you make a mistake and lose a ton of momentum drop out of the racing line and blend back in when you’re back up to speed. yes, you’re gonna lose spots. you should. that’s called a consequence of a mistake and you deserve it, but it’s okay you can recover. don’t make your mistake everyone else’s problem. 

go the speed limit on pit road. if you don’t, expect the guy behind you to push you the proper speed, because passing you would be more catastrophic. 

organizers shouldnt need to police this, but i will say when protests come in that call this behavior out it needs to be taken seriously. often times the cautions are a consequence of something else happening before them that should be penalized. 

if you engage in the above activities and you’re anywhere near me you won’t finish anywhere near where you could have because i’m not giving an inch. my seasons ruined so i’ll gladly finish 25th to make sure you finish 26th. 

Your post struck me as gatekeeping and entitlement more than anything. I took offense to it because I am not one of the 27 who have caused a yellow flag to come out yet your post directly applied to me. Directly. 

The fact is, I was unable to even get to the checkered flag in my first 2 league races and was damaged in the incident you were involved in this week, effectively ruining my race (fyi, DNS Iowa). I can say that I haven't exactly had an enjoyable beginning to my league career. The thing that keeps me going is the community and the professionalism of the series, as well as the fact that I know the results will come. So to read your post, it was quite the turn off. If this is the response to new guys who have been on the wrong side of every incident, what's to come when I do run closer to the front and inevitably make a mistake at some point? You worry about losing good people but why would any new guys want to stick around and subject themselves to that?
2 x

tcallahan707
Premium Member
United States of America
Full Name: Tristan Callahan
iRacing ID: Tristan Callahan

Post by tcallahan707 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:39 pm

Bradley Holly wrote:
tcallahan707 wrote:
pwilliams84 wrote:

yours truly,
WC

See you next week,
TC
It happens man and if you have any questions shoot me a message on discord and we can talk about it.
I don't even know how to use discord lol
0 x

pwilliams84
Premium Member
United States of America
Full Name: Paul Williams II
iRacing ID: Paul Williams II

Post by pwilliams84 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:10 am

tcallahan707 wrote:
pwilliams84 wrote:
tcallahan707 wrote:

See you next week,
TC

Your post struck me as gatekeeping and entitlement more than anything. I took offense to it because I am not one of the 27 who have caused a yellow flag to come out yet your post directly applied to me. Directly. 

The fact is, I was unable to even get to the checkered flag in my first 2 league races and was damaged in the incident you were involved in this week, effectively ruining my race (fyi, DNS Iowa). I can say that I haven't exactly had an enjoyable beginning to my league career. The thing that keeps me going is the community and the professionalism of the series, as well as the fact that I know the results will come. So to read your post, it was quite the turn off. If this is the response to new guys who have been on the wrong side of every incident, what's to come when I do run closer to the front and inevitably make a mistake at some point? You worry about losing good people but why would any new guys want to stick around and subject themselves to that?
this post was not wise. 

you can contact me directly if you have an issue. 
0 x
Career PRL Stats
dont care anymore

Return to “NASCAR Truck Series [2020/S1] - Sponsored by Diecast Kings”