Round 4: Road Atlanta - Full Course (Oct. 8th)

**Broadcasted** | TUESDAY | Practice @ 6:20pm | Qualifying @ 9pm | Race @ 9:15pm (EDT)
Season start on September 17th and end on November 19th
jeromef1
Director
Canada
Full Name: Jerome Berthiaume
Main Platform: PC
iRacing ID: Jérôme Berthiaume

Round 4: Road Atlanta - Full Course (Oct. 8th)

Post by jeromef1 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:25 pm

Time of day at session start: Afternoon
Practice: 2019-05-15 3:39 pm
Qualifying: 2019-05-15 6:39 pm
Race: 2019-05-15 6:54 pm
Race Length: 60 minutes
Max Incidents: 20
Max Fuel: 65%
Start: Rolling
Fast Repair: 0
0 x
PRL Director & Owner

jduplooy
Premium Member
South Africa
Full Name: Jared du Plooy
iRacing ID: 355487

Re: Round 4: Road Atlanta - Full Course (Oct. 8th)

Post by jduplooy » Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:34 pm

Hi All,

Due to an unforeseen increase in work travel, I will need to withdraw from this season as I will end up missing too many races and also take a seat that another, more available driver might be able to use.

Thanks for understanding!  
0 x

Gary Schilling
Organiser
United States of America
Full Name: Gary Schilling
iRacing ID: Gary Schilling

Post by Gary Schilling » Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:55 pm

Good luck
0 x

madace
United States of America
Full Name: Michael A Diaz
iRacing ID: 104967

Post by madace » Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:24 am

I'd like to say that I believe Diego's driving needs some attention brought to it, that's 4 races in a row he's done something "aggressive". But if that's how he wants to race, then that's how we'll race.
0 x

Gary Schilling
Organiser
United States of America

Post by Gary Schilling » Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:31 am

If there's a problem, it needs to be addressed via the protest process.
Always save your replays.
I had massive issues last night with my internet.
Usually I would save mine in case a review is needed.
0 x

SharkV
Manager
Canada
Full Name: Dany Duchesne
iRacing ID: Dany Duchesne

Post by SharkV » Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:32 am

madace wrote: I'd like to say that I believe Diego's driving needs some attention brought to it, that's 4 races in a row he's done something "aggressive". But if that's how he wants to race, then that's how we'll race.
You can use the protest system if you think he behaviour needs penalty.  That’s how we calm down drivers. 
0 x

Christopher Pfeffer
Rookie Member
United States of America
Full Name: Christopher Pfeffer
iRacing ID: Christopher Pfeffer

Post by Christopher Pfeffer » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:49 am

madace wrote: I'd like to say that I believe Diego's driving needs some attention brought to it, that's 4 races in a row he's done something "aggressive". But if that's how he wants to race, then that's how we'll race.
I forgot to save my replay for protest. But ill be prepared for his tactics next time
0 x

Ken Rodriguez
Organiser
United States of America
Full Name: Kenneth Rodriguez

Post by Ken Rodriguez » Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:13 pm

I have to say that last night's race was pretty brilliant in terms of the racing itself. From my perspective anyway. Very early on was in a heated battle with Shawn Duhamel and Donald Olsen of "VHR Racing". I felt like the meat in a ham sandwich and was being devoured by these two, BUT, they raced me so super clean. It's the best battle I've had in a very long time on iRacing and in this league where previously (past seasons) and unfortunately, I was being plagued by aggressive drivers such as what's being reported above.

But yeah, super racing last night guys. ultimately my one traction loss into the chicane and two self spins at the top of the hill before the front stretch placed me out of contention with Shawn and Don but it was great racing none the less. Thanks for the clean racing guys. I really enjoyed that.

Cheers.
2 x

Gary Schilling
Organiser
United States of America

Post by Gary Schilling » Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:12 pm

At least you got to race.
If it was not for bad luck .....
Kept getting Grey Out's in my Valve.
Never happened before.
Lost connection before Q.
Then I make my final weight loss and come back to see no Grid info.
Reboot , blah blah blah. Get back in 5 laps down with no Sim Commander functions.
Reboot and come back to no audio.
Finally get that fixed and just shy of making the 1/2 point I get disconnected again.
Just signed a new contract with the culprit---AT&T seems there has been an intermittent issue for the last week.
Like I said, I will always save the replay when I'm able. Just don't depend on it.
0 x

Ozymandias
Organiser
Chile
Full Name: Cristian Garreton Eissler
iRacing ID: 226143

Post by Ozymandias » Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:38 pm

Michael, knowing your history of the last tournament, where you were disqualified in Montreal for a major misconduct, I think you should be more careful with this type of comments.
If there is something to report, there is a procedure in the regulation.
4 x
GTE Sports Car Series Organizer
Please feel free to reach out with questions or comments. Se habla español!

Diego Portell
Premium Member
Chile
Full Name: Diego Portell
iRacing ID: 203720

Post by Diego Portell » Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:48 pm

Hola. Escribiré en español ya que lamentablemente no manejo el inglés. Pero quisiera expresar algunas palabras para quienes se hayan sentido perjudicados con algunas de mis maniobras. Soy relativamente nuevo en el mundo del SimRacing, no llevo más de 6 meses y estoy recién aprendiendo a manejar la presión que significa correr con pilotos del más alto nivel.

Aún así creo que fue una buena carrera. Una lastima el contacto con Abner, le pido disculpas... no fue mi intención hacer contacto, llegamos a centímetros de distancia al frenado y paso lo qué pasó. Los comisarios tendrán la tarea de analizar la maniobra y decidir la intencionalidad de la misma. Y aplicar sanción en caso que sea pertinente.

Mucho éxito para todos en lo que queda de campeonato. Estaré ausente en las próximas 3 fechas por fuerza mayor. Ya que asistiré al Mundial de Karting RotaxMax en Italia representando a mi país.

Gracias a todos los que hacen posible este maravilloso campeonato y espero poder volver para la Ronda 8.

Saludos
Diego
2 x

madace
United States of America

Post by madace » Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:08 pm

Ozymandias wrote:
Michael, knowing your history of the last tournament, where you were disqualified in Montreal for a major misconduct, I think you should be more careful with this type of comments.
Yeah I did donuts in the pitlane one race so? Don't see how that affects anyone's race. Other than that my "history" was always fighting hard for the top spot, and I bet no one had any complaints.
Last edited by madace on Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.
0 x

madace
United States of America

Post by madace » Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:09 pm

So I can protest even though I'm not involved?
0 x

madace
United States of America

Post by madace » Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:15 pm

Christopher Pfeffer wrote:
I forgot to save my replay for protest. But ill be prepared for his tactics next time
I have the replay, I can send your clip if you'd like.
0 x

Ozymandias
Organiser
Chile

Post by Ozymandias » Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:26 pm

madace wrote:
Ozymandias wrote:
Yeah I did donuts in the pitlane one race so? Don't see how that affects anyone's race. Other than that my "history" was always fighting hard for the top spot, and I bet no one had any complaints.
You seem to have a bad memory Michael ... do I remember the full action?

"The stewards investigated a collision between Michael Diaz and Pablo Uribe. Into the braking zone at turn one, Michael Diaz failed to establish sufficient overlap and contacted Pablo Uribe.
The stewards investigated contact between Pablo Uribe and Michael Diaz in the final chicane. Into the braking zone, both cars were side by side. Pablo Uribe had inside position and left plenty of space. Michael Diaz turned into Uribe and created contact. Given that Diaz had a black flag slowdown"

Of course, the icing on the cake was the stupid donuts maneuver in the pits who cost you the DQ.

3 Violations on the same race, I don't think it's very appropriate behavior to talk about others. I repeat, the tournament has a regulation and if you have any problem with another driver you can make a report.
0 x

Ken Rodriguez
Organiser
United States of America
Full Name: Kenneth Rodriguez

Post by Ken Rodriguez » Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:27 pm

I always say best thing to do is to submit a protest. The process will only work if it is used. 

Shouting people out on the public forums, especially by name, is lame to say the least. 

Use the protest system. I have used it and feel it’s a fair system with the stewards in this league. 
3 x

madace
United States of America

Post by madace » Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:30 pm

Ozymandias wrote:
madace wrote:
Ozymandias wrote:

You seem to have a bad memory Michael ... do I remember the full action?

"The stewards investigated a collision between Michael Diaz and Pablo Uribe. Into the braking zone at turn one, Michael Diaz failed to establish sufficient overlap and contacted Pablo Uribe.
The stewards investigated contact between Pablo Uribe and Michael Diaz in the final chicane. Into the braking zone, both cars were side by side. Pablo Uribe had inside position and left plenty of space. Michael Diaz turned into Uribe and created contact. Given that Diaz had a black flag slowdown"

Of course, the icing on the cake was the stupid donuts maneuver in the pits who cost you the DQ.

3 Violations on the same race, I don't think it's very appropriate behavior to talk about others. I repeat, the tournament has a regulation and if you have any problem with another driver you can make a report.
I seem to remember every other incident due to netcode being dismissed except the one involving your teammate. But it's funny how you want to highlight one negative of an otherwise spotless season for myself, just cause I called out your friends dirty driving. I hope the rest of the league leadership is less biased. Once again my stupid donuts didn't damage anyone's car, didn't push anyone of track. Seguimos?
0 x

madace
United States of America

Post by madace » Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:33 pm

Ken Rodriguez wrote: I always say best thing to do is to submit a protest. The process will only work if it is used. 

Shouting people out on the public forums, especially by name, is lame to say the least. 

Use the protest system. I have used it and feel it’s a fair system with the stewards in this league. 
I did so last race, but can I protest something I wasn't involved?
0 x

Ozymandias
Organiser
Chile

Post by Ozymandias » Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:43 pm

madace wrote:

I seem to remember every other incident due to netcode being dismissed except the one involving your teammate. But it's funny how you want to highlight one negative of an otherwise spotless season for myself, just cause I called out your friends dirty driving. I hope the rest of the league leadership is less biased. Once again my stupid donuts didn't damage anyone's car, didn't push anyone of track. Seguimos?
I think you are exceeding the tolerable line by insinuating that I can have partial handling in the league. I have only referred to facts and not opinions. The one who started this topic in the forum was you, implying that a Driver is dirty (you reported it last week, and the stewards declared a career contact only).

Now, I can give you my subjective opinion. I think your claim is a simple cry because a driver arrived who put you in trouble and won most of the one-on-one battles agains you.

And I repeat, for the 3rd time, there is a regulation to comply in case of incidents, and anyone is free to report and it will be the stewards (I do not belong to that group in case you had any doubt) who will decide.

ps: Podemos seguir en privado si te interesa continuar la discusion y asi no utilizamos el foro para esto.
0 x

Ozymandias
Organiser
Chile

Post by Ozymandias » Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:44 pm

Ozymandias wrote:
madace wrote:

I think you are exceeding the tolerable line by insinuating that I can have partial handling in the league. I have only referred to facts and not opinions. The one who started this topic in the forum was you, implying that a Driver is dirty (you reported last week, and the stewards declared a career contact only).

Now, I can give you my subjective opinion. I think your claim is a simple cry because a driver arrived who put you in trouble and won most of the one-on-one battles agains you.

And I repeat, for the 3rd time, there is a regulation to comply in case of incidents, and anyone is free to report and it will be the stewards (I do not belong to that group in case you had any doubt) who will decide.

ps: Podemos seguir en privado si te interesa continuar la discusion y asi no utilizamos el foro para esto.
0 x

Return to “GTE Sportscar Series [2019/S4] - Sponsored by SIMMSA & The ButtKicker”