SIGN-UP HERE - Rules, Settings & Information

MONDAY | Practice @ 6pm | Qualifying @ 9pm | Race @ 9:05pm (EDT)
Season start on September 16th and end on November 18th
jeromef1
Director
Canada
Full Name: Jerome Berthiaume
Main Platform: PC
iRacing ID: Jérôme Berthiaume

SIGN-UP HERE - Rules, Settings & Information

Post by jeromef1 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:14 am

INTRODUCTION

Welcome to the PRL Cadillac Global Challenge 2019/S4 that will feature the Cadillac CTS-V Racecar.

If you are a returning driver, you'll notice that the signup process has changed. It is very important to read the entire thread!

Series organisers: Mark Phile (Mark Phile), Erik Luke (DeamingPie) & David Cristelli (TheGreatC81)

INFORMATION & FAQ

When does the season start and end? 2019/S4 will start on September 16th and will end on November 18th.

How many races in the season? There will be 10 races in the season.

Is there any drop week? Each driver gets 1 drop week. There is no drop week for Team Championship but drivers' drop week are taken into account in the team standings. The Season Finale race will not be allowed to count as a drop week, only Races 1-9. More information in the rules document.

What day/time do races start? Races are on Monday. The session start at 6pm with the qualifying at 9pm (EDT).

How many seats are available? There is a maximum of 42 seats available. We will create 2 divisions if we hit 60+ signups.

How can I register? To register, you must first read the entire thread. After, at the bottom, you will find a Google Form that you'll need to fill.

How can I make sure I'll have a seat? Here is the seat priority for this series:
  • Full time seats will only be assigned to drivers who have shown good participation in their past PRL seasons, and to new drivers (innocent until proven guilty).
  • Premium Members will always have a full time seat as soon as they sign up 1 week before the season start.
  • Last season's drivers will be assigned to a full time seats prior to the new drivers as soon as they sign up 1 week before the season start. To be considered as a returning driver, you must have attended a minimum of 5 races.
  • If you sign up but have not shown good participation in the past, you may be placed to the waiting list. If you get a full time seat, you'll have to prove us you can attend each race.
How can I become a Premium member? Click here for more information about the Premium Membership! Note that it is not mandatory.

Do I need to have a specific license, iRating or Safety Rating? No minimum license, iRating or Safety Rating required. This can be reviewed by organisers and managers.

Can I register as part of a team? Of course! But each driver of the team must create an account on the PRL forum and register for the series.

What happens if I'm removed from the full time driver list? You may be moved to the waiting list for one of the reason mentioned above. If there is a seat that becomes free, you will be contacted by email or on the iRacing website.

What is the structure of a race day? 
  • Race Day: Monday
  • Practice: 6:00pm EDT (180 minutes)
  • Qualifying: 9:00pm EDT (15 minutes)
  • Race: 9:15pm EDT (45 minutes)
Is it open or fixed setup? 2019/S4 is fixed setup.

What is the points system? The full scoring system is available in the Rules document.

RULES & SETTINGS

All Official PRL Championship’s shall adhere to the site-wide PRL Rules & iRacing Sporting Code. All rules mentioned below surpass PRL & iRacing Sporting Code rules.

It is mandatory to read the rules document. If you are not following rules, you may received a penalty or be excluded from the series.

CLICK HERE TO SEE THE RULES DOCUMENT

SIGNUP SECTION

Championship selection

REGISTERED DRIVERS

0 x
PRL Director & Owner

Miker9253
Premium Member
United States of America
Full Name: Mike Richter
iRacing ID: Mike Richter

Re: SIGN-UP HERE - Rules, Settings & Information

Post by Miker9253 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:27 pm

Seriously, with the track state being cleared??

Do we need to Vote again???

84% and 92% votes not enough of a sign that PRL should make this PRL Law
0 x

jeromef1
Director
Canada
Full Name: Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID: Jérôme Berthiaume

Post by jeromef1 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:37 pm

Miker9253 wrote: Seriously, with the track state being cleared??

Dude, you got to relax with that... it was my mistake while doing the new rules document. I would have noticed anyway when planning the sessions on iRacing. It's fixed now.
1 x
PRL Director & Owner

Miker9253
Premium Member
United States of America

Post by Miker9253 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:23 am

Just doing my part to insure the best for all parties involved and PRL.

and Jerome I'm really don't mean to upset you or anyone else

I'm just as passionate about this stuff as you are. I will never back down from trying to improve and/or be best the best in anything I dedicate My Time and Money to or am involved in. It Shows and Explains my Championship lead and my future top step on the Podium in the non-simulated life I live!
I'm just sorry I cant help you more or as much as I want to.

if I am in fact too much for public tell me and we can have a more private setting for my improvement inquiries, like we had before my non-participation to focus on other series until improvements were made
0 x

TRG
Manager
Canada
Full Name: Tyler Gore
iRacing ID: 194814

Post by TRG » Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:16 am

What does track state even matter if you don't show up to drive on it?
1 x
PRL iRacing Manager & Chief Road Steward

Mark Phile
Organiser
United States of America
Full Name: Mark Phile
iRacing ID: Mark Phile

Post by Mark Phile » Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:36 am

Miker9253 wrote: Just doing my part to insure the best for all parties involved and PRL.

and Jerome I'm really don't mean to upset you or anyone else

I'm just as passionate about this stuff as you are. I will never back down from trying to improve and/or be best the best in anything I dedicate My Time and Money to or am involved in. It Shows and Explains my Championship lead and my future top step on the Podium in the non-simulated life I live!
I'm just sorry I cant help you more or as much as I want to.

if I am in fact too much for public tell me and we can have a more private setting for my improvement inquiries, like we had before my non-participation to focus on other series until improvements were made
Hey bud, don't know ya yet, but im sure we will  have time to meet as the season progresses. I just want ya to know this is not a super try hard league. We will and want to promote fun, fun, and more fun! I can see your passion as it pours out of you, which is not a bad thing, just know we are all about have a relaxed, friendly, but yet clean competitive racing league. So if ya have any further questions as to whats happening here, come at us a little softer, and lead in with a simple question bud, take care look forward to racing with ya.
1 x
Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers...

Miker9253
Premium Member
United States of America

Post by Miker9253 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:45 pm

TRG wrote: What does track state even matter if you don't show up to drive on it?
Look at my attendance, where this change has taken affect before making uninformed/uneducated comments. I know you run things in other Series but pay attention to all things before calling me out! Doesn't look good on ya...Or PRL

This was a aggressive comment on my part because I received a lot of push back from managers/owners when I first recommended this in other series.

Mark are you speaking for all of PRL or just the Caddy Series? My definition of fun may vary from yours or anyone else's. Fun is a very vague term. When everyone stays on track and doesn't wreck and the competition is close I'm having fun. Fun will be had where fun can be had as long as it's clean and competitive first and foremost.

I sit in the drivers seat!, I listen, I discuss and do PR with a lot of people. This is not one guy(Me) crying because he doesn't like something. This is a Majority discussed topic and an Important one. 

I will alter my wording in the future for those that don't know or understand me. I dont sugar coat or beat around the bush. I'm direct and aggressive. No one ever asks me "what do you mean?" I'm a racecar driver, not a psychologist....feelings are gay but sorry ALL

See you in Practice!!!!
0 x

Mark Phile
Organiser
United States of America

Post by Mark Phile » Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:14 pm

Miker9253 wrote:
TRG wrote: What does track state even matter if you don't show up to drive on it?
Look at my attendance, where this change has taken affect before making uninformed/uneducated comments. I know you run things in other Series but pay attention to all things before calling me out! Doesn't look good on ya...Or PRL

This was a aggressive comment on my part because I received a lot of push back from managers/owners when I first recommended this in other series.

Mark are you speaking for all of PRL or just the Caddy Series? My definition of fun may vary from yours or anyone else's. Fun is a very vague term. When everyone stays on track and doesn't wreck and the competition is close I'm having fun. Fun will be had where fun can be had as long as it's clean and competitive first and foremost.

I sit in the drivers seat!, I listen, I discuss and do PR with a lot of people. This is not one guy(Me) crying because he doesn't like something. This is a Majority discussed topic and an Important one. 

I will alter my wording in the future for those that don't know or understand me. I dont sugar coat or beat around the bush. I'm direct and aggressive. No one ever asks me "what do you mean?" I'm a racecar driver, not a psychologist....feelings are gay but sorry ALL

See you in Practice!!!!
I can only speak for the Caddy series when i say our goal is an easy going fun league, I cannot speak for all of PRL, but most of their other series carry a broadcast, which in my opinion makes things a bit more serious. So like i said, come in with an easy going feel, this is a good group of guys, no need for any attitude or aggressiveness, hell we haven't even started yet :mrgreen:  
1 x

TRG
Manager
Canada
Full Name: Tyler Gore
iRacing ID: 194814

Post by TRG » Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:26 pm

Miker9253 wrote: Seriously, with the track state being cleared??

A simple "Hey, I noticed the track state settings haven't changed, is that an error?" would be a better approach, instead of aggressive/sarcastic. If you wanna be constructive and help improve things, you'll get better results when you approach people in a better way.

Calling my statements uneducated also isn't going to help. See you Thursday in the F3? We've missed you the past 4 weeks!
1 x
PRL iRacing Manager & Chief Road Steward

DeamingPie
Organiser
United States of America
Full Name: Erik Captain DNF Luke
iRacing ID: Erik Luke2

Post by DeamingPie » Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:49 pm

Miker9253 wrote:

See you in Practice!!!!
Since we are being direct and not beating around the bush, it is very possible and very easy to be direct and to the point without coming off like a *****, which is exactly what you did.  Tone it down, play nice or find another series in PRL.  I am not, and will never be in the mood to translate, decipher and moderate alpha male high strung personalities.

2 x
2019 stats - 48 race starts, 46 DNFs

"You've been racing with your foot on the brake? What are you, a Florida F*&^ing blue hair?" - Wife

Looking for a button box?
https://www.facebook.com/apexbuttonbox/

Rocky3755
Rookie Member
United States of America
Full Name: Preston Morris

Post by Rocky3755 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:43 am

I don't know if I missed it or not but are the tracks we are going to run included with iracing.
0 x

SharkV
Manager
Canada
Full Name: Dany Duchesne
iRacing ID: Dany Duchesne

Post by SharkV » Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:29 am

Rocky3755 wrote: I don't know if I missed it or not but are the tracks we are going to run included with iracing.
You may haVe to buy some tracks if you don't have them.
0 x

Jefferson Padovani
Premium Member
Brazil
Full Name: Jefferson Padovani
iRacing ID: Jefferson Padovani

Post by Jefferson Padovani » Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:38 am

SharkV wrote:
Rocky3755 wrote: I don't know if I missed it or not but are the tracks we are going to run included with iracing.
Please put Road America on it!!!

Please put Road America on it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1 x

Mark Phile
Organiser
United States of America

Post by Mark Phile » Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:06 am

There are a couple free tracks,  but the majority of the tracks are paid ones. We all hand picked the schedule so we could take the car too some of our favorite tracks! 
0 x

crich88848
Premium Member
United States of America
Full Name: Christopher Richards
iRacing ID: Christopher Richards

Post by crich88848 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:42 am

I think this league is trying to be the opposite of what you just caused in here.
0 x

crich88848
Premium Member
United States of America
Full Name: Christopher Richards
iRacing ID: Christopher Richards

Post by crich88848 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:56 am

I like soup.
0 x

DeamingPie
Organiser
United States of America

Post by DeamingPie » Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:14 am

Jefferson Padovani wrote:
SharkV wrote:

Ignored until you actually sign up... :mrgreen:
1 x

"You've been racing with your foot on the brake? What are you, a Florida F*&^ing blue hair?" - Wife

Jefferson Padovani
Premium Member
Brazil

Post by Jefferson Padovani » Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:38 pm

DeamingPie wrote:
Jefferson Padovani wrote:
SharkV wrote:

Ignored until you actually sign up... :mrgreen:
:roll: :roll: :roll:

Well, just throwing my 2 cents of opinion (that I know it really don't count for you guys...), this car will be a lot funnier on faster tracks. Or with faster turns and decent straights. The transition of fast sectors to slow sectors is nice too...

And the fact of being a fixed setup is really moving me to de side of signning in... because we dont need all that time in finding hundreds of a second to be competitive... Is kind of jump and drive.
1 x

Jefferson Padovani
Premium Member
Brazil

Post by Jefferson Padovani » Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:44 pm

Well, serious now:

On the sign up formulary, I didnt find the Monday Series... So, which of the other avaliable days should I pick up to join?

And second, this championship is a Payed one?

Appreciate the iniciative of building a championship like this!!!! (angry car in a fixed set)
0 x

DeamingPie
Organiser
United States of America

Post by DeamingPie » Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:26 pm

Jefferson Padovani wrote: Well, serious now:

On the sign up formulary, I didnt find the Monday Series... So, which of the other avaliable days should I pick up to join?

And second, this championship is a Payed one?

Appreciate the iniciative of building a championship like this!!!! (angry car in a fixed set)

There is no payment for this series as it is not broadcast.  Just fill out the form at the top of this thread and click submit.  The track selection is a good one, I think you will really enjoy the choices.  A couple of old reliable tracks mixed in with some good underrated tracks.  

I agree with you on the fixed set up.  I miss the Skippy days where you could show up the day of the race, practice for 30 minutes and be race ready.  This car may take a little longer, but the idea remains the same.  The idea is to have fun and not take ourselves to seriously and hopefully make some new friends along the way.  

Mark is the big player in this series, he deserves all of the credit for getting this together.  I'm just here for the free pie, the pre-race announcements and riot control.   :mrgreen:
2 x

Return to “Cadillac Global Challenge [2019/S4] - Sponsored by SimRacingMadness”