NEW IRACING CHAMPIONSHIPS SIGNUPS ARE UP!

Round 1 - Nürburgring Grand-Prix-Strecke - Grand Prix (June 20)

**Broadcasted** | THURSDAY | Practice @ 6pm | Qualifying @ 9pm | Race @ 9:15pm (EDT)
Season start on June 20th and end on August 29th
TRG
Manager
Canada
Full Name: Tyler Gore
Main Platform: PC

Round 1 - Nürburgring Grand-Prix-Strecke - Grand Prix (June 20)

Post by TRG » Wed May 15, 2019 1:20 am

Time of day: Sunrise
Practice: 5:45 AM (in-game time)
Qualifying: 8:45 AM (in-game time)
Race: 9:00 AM (in-game time)
Race Length: 45 minutes
Max Incidents: 20
Max. Fuel: 50%
Start: Standing
Fast Repair: 0

Pre-race Interview:

1. Welcome to season 15 of the PRL Thursday series! How are you liking the F3 car? Do you feel it will promote fun racing?

2. We're at Nürburgring in Germany to start off this championship, which German circuit is your favorite and why?

3. This season is sure to be wild with our largest grid yet of 42 drivers! Who do you think will separate themselves from the pack and win the title? And what are your goals for this season?
0 x
PRL iRacing Manager & Chief Road Steward

mclachlanol
Organiser
United States of America
Full Name: Owen McLachlan

Re: Round 1 - Nürburgring Grand-Prix-Strecke - Grand Prix (June 20)

Post by mclachlanol » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:17 am

Modified a couple of sets I found in the forums for other tracks. I'm in the low 49s and maybe with some practice I can get into the 48s. I'm not sure if that's good or not but that's where I'm at lol!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
3 x

crich88848
Premium Member
United States of America
Full Name: Christopher Richards

Post by crich88848 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:05 pm

Gonna be fun into the arena lap 1 with 40 cars
1 x

CajunGrit
Social Medias Manager
United States of America
Full Name: David Hebert

Post by CajunGrit » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:37 pm

Phil's about to put up a 2 hour practice session
0 x

DEADZERO
Premium Member
Canada
Full Name: Christian

Post by DEADZERO » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:21 am

crich88848 wrote: Gonna be fun into the arena lap 1 with 40 cars
Going 5-wide into turn 1  ;) 
1 x
Project 2 - Pineapple Boyz - Lead Foot Racing
PRL iRacing Results: Wins (3) / Podiums (7) / Top-Five (12)

kart7990
Premium Member
United States of America
Full Name: David Holland

Post by kart7990 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:11 pm

2 hour practice session is up. everyone is welcome (no password), session name is PRL F3 Practice
1 x

nickthequick
Stewards
United States of America
Full Name: Nick Delp

Post by nickthequick » Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:57 am

Hi All just wanted to let the orgs know i will have to miss week #1 but should be around for the rest.
1 x

AaronWebb85
Manager
United States of America
Full Name: Aaron Webb

Post by AaronWebb85 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:56 pm

Pre-race interview is up!
0 x
PRL Manager and Steward
Career Stats
8 Wins, 53 Podiums, 15 Poles, 22 Fastest Laps
PS4 pCars Friday Series S1 Driver Champion
7 Time Team Champion

Hootius
Manager
United States of America
Full Name: Charles Sumner

Post by Hootius » Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:18 pm

1. I enjoy the car, handling seems like there can be some fun battles up and down the order. With that, I have very little experience in the car so there is also a chance I have no idea what I'm talking about!

2. Hockenhiem has been kind to me in the PRL, it wins lol (2 F1 points finishes and a Project Cars GT3 win).

3. This is my first league on the road side, so I'm not familiar enough yet to guess that. And my goal is to keep it on track and just improve as the season goes. My strength is with cars that have fenders, so I dont care about my finishing position tbh this season, I just want clean races and to improve my skill as the season goes.
1 x
iRacing Oval Manager & PRL Oval Steward
Career PRL Stats
15 Wins - 85 Top-5's - 11 Poles - 8 Fastest Laps
Project Cars GT3 Drivers Champion
5-Time PRL Team Champion

Twitch.tv/OldManHoot
Twitter.com/Hootius

mclachlanol
Organiser
United States of America
Full Name: Owen McLachlan

Post by mclachlanol » Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:05 am

1. Love getting back to open wheel racing. This car reminds me of our Pro-Mazda days. I think the racing will be good, with so many drivers on track you should have racing everywhere.

2. I would love if they put the old 4 mile Hockenheim course in iRacing. That track had plenty of action and passing opportunities.

3. David Holland gas been the quickest in the practice races so but there are plenty of fast drivers in field so it should be a good season. Getting through the traffic clean is going to key for most races so whomever can do that the best should win.
1 x

DeamingPie
Organiser
United States of America
Full Name: Erik Captain DNF Luke

Post by DeamingPie » Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:28 am

1. Welcome to season 15 of the PRL Thursday series! How are you liking the F3 car? Do you feel it will promote fun racing?

I'm not a big fan of the car. While it is fun to drive, mastering it seems to be harder for me than the Radical (not to say that I mastered the Radical).

2. We're at Nürburgring in Germany to start off this championship, which German circuit is your favorite and why?

Sachsenring. Elevation changes for days and flowing corners. The waterfall corner is a site to behold.

3. This season is sure to be wild with our largest grid yet of 42 drivers! Who do you think will separate themselves from the pack and win the title? And what are your goals for this season?

Goals are the same as always, finish somewhere in the top 5 of the championship. Competition is pretty stout so we shall see.

I have a terrible feeling the pack will be separated turn 1 lap 1 :(

Please keep in mind the closing speeds at the start of the race. While the front couple of rows (as an example) will approach turn 1 at 100MPH, those towards the back of the grid will be approaching at 160 MPH. Couple this with the fact that no one can take the turn at normal speed because odds are there will be someone to the inside. This means there is a lot of checking up that will occur and this will have a slinky effect on the entire field, thus pushing the brake markers back even further.
1 x
2019 stats - 48 race starts, 46 DNFs

"You've been racing with your foot on the brake? What are you, a Florida F*&^ing blue hair?" - Wife

Looking for a button box?
https://www.facebook.com/apexbuttonbox/

TheGreatC81
Organiser
United States of America
Full Name: David Cristelli

Post by TheGreatC81 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:51 pm

I'm really enjoying the F3 so far. It really likes to be pushed and is fairly forgiving if you go a little too far. I think the racing will be great but things happen very fast when close to other cars. A little caution and space goes a long way.

2. We're at Nürburgring in Germany to start off this championship, which German circuit is your favorite and why?

I love the Nordschleife as much as any driving enthusiast, but the racing on it is usually terrible since passing is so difficult and risky. I don't know many German tracks so I'd have to say this one is my favorite. It has great rhythm and flow, and has good spots for overtaking.

Mr. Holland looks like the guy to beat so far. As other said, with 42 cars, getting through traffic cleanly will be a necessary skill. Personally, I'd be excited to finish the season in the top ten or fifteen. I don't know how realistic that is, but I won't find out if I don't try.
0 x

DEADZERO
Premium Member
Canada
Full Name: Christian

Post by DEADZERO » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:23 pm

1. I love the F3, 1000x more than the Radical. Glad that car is in the past now, hope it stays there. There are moments you lose control of the car but then you catch it and drift it like a boss. Even though you lost some time, you're still in it and are given a reminded to take it is there. Hope we move up to the FR3.5 or L79 next season, but those cars require a lot of skill which only a handful of us have. This is a good transition into those cars I think.

2. Hockenheimring is definitely my favourite German track. In my opinion, it makes more sense as a race track than the Nurburgring. Really glad it's back in F1 but upset it's not in iRacing. Nurburgring and Imola are 2 tracks iRacing could have left out. This is coming from a guy who likes COTA and CGV so what do I know?

3. Well with all the mentioning of Holland and him being my teammate, I'm happy he will be up there giving Jefferson some company. But both him and Linden seem like quick drivers to battle for the podium. That said, there's a lot of new drivers with unknown skills coming from the GTE series so the expectations are up in the air right now. All in all, I'm looking for a much more enjoyable experience this season. Not going for wins, just going for smiles and excitement. One thing I didn't like too much last season was it was more about staying safe and playing the waiting game. I'm hoping this season more people go for overtakes and defensive positions. Makes for better viewing in my opinion. Plus, I want my team to get on camera as much as possible to show off the skin that took me weeks to make haha.
0 x
Project 2 - Pineapple Boyz - Lead Foot Racing
PRL iRacing Results: Wins (3) / Podiums (7) / Top-Five (12)

paulwildridge
Premium Member
United States of America
Full Name: Paul Wildridge

Post by paulwildridge » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:26 pm

1. Yes I like this car. Unfortunately I haven’t spent much time driving it so I don’t know how I will do. I think the sheer size of the field will bring great battles.

2. Road Atlanta.

3. I think the best driver out here will be Splooge McCraken! He is as fast as he is slippery!!! Bringing up the rear of course will be Richard Simmons but does that surprise anyone since that is where he enjoys spending most of his time?
0 x
"I wipe my own ***"

DeamingPie
Organiser
United States of America
Full Name: Erik Captain DNF Luke

Post by DeamingPie » Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:33 pm

paulwildridge wrote: 1. Yes I like this car. Unfortunately I haven’t spent much time driving it so I don’t know how I will do. I think the sheer size of the field will bring great battles.

2. Road Atlanta.

3. I think the best driver out here will be Splooge McCraken! He is as fast as he is slippery!!! Bringing up the rear of course will be Richard Simmons but does that surprise anyone since that is where he enjoys spending most of his time?

When did they move Road Atlanta to Germany?  First they bomb Pearl Harbor and then they steal Road Atlanta.  Those Krauts are some shifty people!
2 x
2019 stats - 48 race starts, 46 DNFs

"You've been racing with your foot on the brake? What are you, a Florida F*&^ing blue hair?" - Wife

Looking for a button box?
https://www.facebook.com/apexbuttonbox/

jeromef1
Director
Canada
Full Name: Jerome Berthiaume

Post by jeromef1 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:37 pm

I like the handling of the car, just need to figure out the setups now! I'm pretty sure this car will promote fun racing and some strategy in the mix as well.

My favorite German circuit is Hockenheim! Recently, iRacing sent us a survey in which they have asked which circuit we would like to see next in iRacing. Guess what I've given to them 8-)

I can't say as they is a lot of new faces and I have not been racing with this group since a year. I'm pretty sure Overbay will fight hard to defend his title! My goal is to finish every race! If I can get some Top 10, I will be very happy!
0 x
PRL Director & Owner

crich88848
Premium Member
United States of America
Full Name: Christopher Richards

Post by crich88848 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:40 pm

Oh yea, L79 would've been a disaster.

2. We're at Nürburgring in Germany to start off this championship, which German circuit is your favorite and why?
I'm with Paul... Road Atlanta.

Don't care who wins. Give nothing, take everything. 
1 x

Mark Phile
Organiser
United States of America
Full Name: Mark Phile

Post by Mark Phile » Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:18 pm

Im not a fan of this car, but I wanted to hang out with the Thursday night crew, good people for sure!

I love this track

If I finish top 10 that's a win for me.
0 x
Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers...

AaronWebb85
Manager
United States of America
Full Name: Aaron Webb

Post by AaronWebb85 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:37 pm

1. So far I'm enjoying the F3. It's fun to drive and can be tricky at lower speeds. I think the racing should be entertaining. With a car that's easier to drive, and a huge grid there should be good battles throughout.

2. Not a big fan of Nurburgring and I am terrible there. Maybe those two are related? Favorite German track is Hockenheimring for sure.

3.  Not to sure who's the quickest as this will be my first season with this crew. I'm not expecting to be very competitive this first season. Goal will be to finish every race and maybe score a few top 20s.
0 x
PRL Manager and Steward
Career Stats
8 Wins, 53 Podiums, 15 Poles, 22 Fastest Laps
PS4 pCars Friday Series S1 Driver Champion
7 Time Team Champion

Wingnut
Premium Member
United States of America
Full Name: Kevin Santana

Post by Wingnut » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:57 am

1). Having essentially no experience in this car makes it a bit hard to answer this question.

2). Spa (it was German for a while)

3). Comes back to the lack of experience in the car and being a new member to the league. I have no idea where I will be in the pecking order. I just hope to not be last.
0 x

Return to “Formula 3 Championship [S15] - Sponsored by Apex Button Box”