Image Image Image

NEW IRACING CHAMPIONSHIPS SIGNUPS ARE UP!

Social Media and Community Building

**Broadcasted** | SUNDAY | Practice @ 6pm | Qualifying @ 9pm | Race @ 9:05pm (EDT)
Season start on June 16th and end on August 18th
CajunGrit
Social Medias Manager
United States of America
Full Name: David Hebert
Main Platform: PC

Social Media and Community Building

Post by CajunGrit » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:54 am

Greetings fellow racers!

We here at the PRL would like our league to be more than just your weekly dose of clean racing. We want to have a presence in the ever growing sim racing community. For those who don’t know, we’ve been around for something like 8 years now!  And we’d love to be around for years to come.  But we realize the only way to do that is to retain our current drivers, attract new ones, and increase our visibility to attract sponsors. When people think of Sim Racing leagues, we want the Precision Racing League to be the first one they think of!  But without you there is no us. And we want each and every one of you to feel like you’re a part of this league, so in an effort to show our appreciation we would love nothing more than to feature our members through our social media campaigns!

You may have noticed our new campaigns to become more involved in the social media world. So far the response has been great!  

Here’s a few things you can do to help us out:

1. Please go on your social media accounts and give PRL a like/follow, and when/if you see PRL related content show up on your feed please SMASH THAT LIKE BUTTON!!!!!  And if you could throw a comment down in the comment section that would go a long way to increasing our organic reach, which then makes us more visible to those who aren’t currently following us online. And as PRL rises in prestige, so will the things you accomplish in the league. (If anyone has any experience in social media marketing and wants to help us increase our reach please DM me!)

2. Please provide us with your Instagram/Facebook/twitter handles so that we can tag you in our posts. If you’re like me, you’re just a regular joe.  You’ve got a job, maybe a family, and most likely lots of people in your life that don’t care at all about your sim racing career. But we care!  And we want to celebrate your achievements with you.  If we don’t cheer you on, no one else will! And while we’re at it, if anyone is streaming races we would love to throw you a mention!

3. We need dedicated content makers in each series. I’ve already come to the realization that following and promoting 5 different series is going to be impossible to do alone. But the easiest thing you can do to help us create content (and feature yourself in the process) is to take high resolution screen shots from in the sim. The best way to do this is to hit Ctrl+Shift+PrntScreen. This lets you save a high res screenshot without the iracing watermark. Instead of a jpeg it creates a .targa file that i can open in photoshop.   I can do a lot to polish it up in photoshop but if it would help out a lot just to get the raw ingredients.  The three TV cameras are a great place to start when taking screen shots. But if you want to get fancy, hit Ctrl+F12 and then control the camera angle using the “AWSD” keys.  Some cameras also let you hold Alt, Shift or CTRL keys to have finer controls of your camera angle. If you wanna get really REALLY fancy, get with me and i can show you some more advanced methods that would allows me to get even higher resolution images, add motion blurs and other effects!

4. If anyone out there happens to be good at video work we would love to work together and start producing some highlight reels and hype videos (especially for our non broadcast series).  We have a few tips on how to capture a highlight clip with OBS with a PRL watermark on it if anyone is interested in helping us create more straight forward video content as well. 

We want to thank all of you for your participation in the Precision Racing League!  We look forward to growing as both a league and community.  May your battles be plentiful and your incidents few!

Instagram: precisionracingleague

Twitter: @PrecisionRL

Facebook:
0 x

Mitchell Clark
Premium Member
United States of America
Full Name: Mitchell Clark
Main Platform: PC

Re: Social Media and Community Building

Post by Mitchell Clark » Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:36 pm

https://m.facebook.com/HardKnoxSimSports/

Go give Hard Knox SimSports a follow!
0 x

Return to “NASCAR Cup Series [S13] - Sponsored by North Star Title & ETC (Established Traffic Control)”