Race 1: Michigan International Speedway (16 June)

Sponsored by Ford Entertainment Group PC

**Broadcasted** | SUNDAY | Practice @ 6pm | Qualifying @ 9pm | Race @ 9:05pm (EDT)
Season start on June 16th and end on August 18th
Jeffery Ford
Premium Member
United States of America
Posts: 259
Joined: Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:05 pm
Full Name: Jeffery ford
Location: La Feria, Texas
Main Platform: PC

Re: Race 1: Michigan International Speedway (16 June)

Post by Jeffery Ford » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:24 pm

1. This is our first season in the Cup cars. Do you like this package or last years package better?
I like how they drive now much better. 

2. What is the main reason you joined the league, the Cup cars specifically or the broadcasting without a fee?
I started my league racing career with PRL. Ripped off 4 PRL wins then got busy in life and stepped away from league racing's bit to concentrate on the last few years of my career.   Now that my schedule is stable I can enjoy organized racing again. 

3. If there was an open set up league, would you want 45-50 min races still or would you like to see longer races to get the most out if setups (75-90)?
I dont like Open setup league racing but if I was to join one I'd want it to be of the longer variety.  
I sponsor 2 peak pro drivers and they give me their setups so I would never need to blame setup!!
1 x

ntketchum1386
Premium Member
United States of America
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:40 am
Full Name: Nicholas Ketchum
Location: Nevada
Main Platform: PC

Re: Race 1: Michigan International Speedway (16 June)

Post by ntketchum1386 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:34 pm

1. So far this package is interesting, I do prefer the older one simply because I feel it was less of a wreckfest in most sessions, but this package is a lot of fun.
2. The main reason I joined is because the Sunday schedules work best with me due to work otherwise I would of joined the Trucks as well.
3. I would prefer longer races because it lets strategy play out and due to attrition I believe the better drivers end up front.
0 x
2nd Season in Cup
1st Season in Cadillac's
1st Season in Trucks
Career PRL Statistics
9 - Races 0 Wins - 2 Top-5's - 0 Poles - 0 Fastest Laps

User avatar
ColtonLayne
Veteran Member
United States of America
Posts: 148
Joined: Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:05 pm
Full Name: Colton Layne
Location: East Tennessee
Main Platform: PC

Re: Race 1: Michigan International Speedway (16 June)

Post by ColtonLayne » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:55 pm

1. I like the old package personally, but I dig this one.


2. Been racing with PRL since July 2016 I believe and been around ever since


3. I like longer races but dont really get down with open setups. I can't build my own and can only make very small adjustments. I just dont like the idea of not staying on equal-ish grounds due to a setup, at least in fixed you know its yourself that is slow and not a setup hindering you.
0 x

Miker9253
Premium Member
United States of America
Posts: 122
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:44 pm
Full Name: Mike Richter
Location: United States, Texas, Houston
Main Platform: PC

Re: Race 1: Michigan International Speedway (16 June)

Post by Miker9253 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:46 pm

Not too familiar with the cup car, but so far so good.

Excited to race with all my roundy round buddies, Twice in a week now

Longer Races for sure! Adds so much more to the race, comers and goers, fuel and tire, Pitting, trying to undercut/overcut
0 x

User avatar
fotors3
Organiser
United States of America
Posts: 523
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:51 pm
Full Name: Brandon Walter
Location: Port St. Lucie, FL
Main Platform: PC

Re: Race 1: Michigan International Speedway (16 June)

Post by fotors3 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:41 pm

Hootius wrote: Pre-Race Interview

1. This is our first season in the Cup cars. Do you like this package or last years package better?

2. What is the main reason you joined the league, the Cup cars specifically or the broadcasting without a fee?

3. If there was an open set up league, would you want 45-50 min races still or would you like to see longer races to get the most out if setups (75-90)?
1. I don't have much experience with the A car, but from the tests I've done the new package feels nicer to drive.
2. My buddy Jaymes got me back into iRacing and had me join this league a few seasons ago.
3. For open setups I'd like to see a longer race to get a long green flag run. I feel like the setups my team and I work on are great for long run speed. 
0 x
#99 Inline 309 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 for Whataback Racing
#99 Inline 309 Chevrolet Silverado for Whataback Racing
PRL Victories: 1

User avatar
Hootius
Manager
United States of America
Posts: 2730
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:46 pm
Full Name: Charles Sumner
Location: USA, Florida, Tampa
Main Platform: PC

Re: Race 1: Michigan International Speedway (16 June)

Post by Hootius » Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:15 am

Just a reminder to all waiting list drivers:

Collin Carroll
Robert McFarland
Demaris Hickinbottom
Zac Daniels
Thomas Sink
William Hartman
Austin Hunter2
Jason Hounshell
Rob Haynes
Jacob Cusick

Please do not join the session until I give you the ok to do so. Even if you leave and withdraw from the session, the server holds that spot and will not allow a full timer to join in. The order your name is listed is the order of priority on who gets to fill in tonight.

Also, please make sure you double check your number before you join tonight. There is a points penalty for joining in with the wrong number.

As of tonight, all manufacturers settings will be locked in as well. No changing cars during the season unless there is a BOP change made by iRacing mid-season.

And don't forget, Discord pre-race meeting will be at 8:30 Eastern. This is gonna be a big meeting since there is a lot of new drivers to the league and I want to make sure every rule and expectation is explained and everyone is clear going into the race.

Let's make tonight a hell of a Sunday debut on GSRC.
0 x
iRacing Oval Manager & PRL Chief Oval Steward
Career PRL Stats
15 Wins - 87 Top-5's - 11 Poles - 8 Fastest Laps
Project Cars GT3 Drivers Champion
5-Time PRL Team Champion

Twitch.tv/OldManHoot
Twitter.com/Hootius

momesh
Rookie Member
United States of America
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:17 am
Full Name: Zachary Smith
Location: USA, WI, Cambridge
Main Platform: PC

Re: Race 1: Michigan International Speedway (16 June)

Post by momesh » Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:42 am

1. Ehh...I don't hate it, it's much easier to drive and leads to some exciting racing.

2. Race In a Wed night league and looking for some other leagues to run in.

3. Some where between 75-90min would be good get those good long run sets going.
0 x

Steven Parks
Rookie Member
United States of America
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:59 pm
Full Name: Steven Parks
Location: USA, Missouri, Ravenwood
Main Platform: PC

Re: Race 1: Michigan International Speedway (16 June)

Post by Steven Parks » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:33 pm

Hootius wrote: Pre-Race Interview

1. This is our first season in the Cup cars. Do you like this package or last years package better?

2. What is the main reason you joined the league, the Cup cars specifically or the broadcasting without a fee?

3. If there was an open set up league, would you want 45-50 min races still or would you like to see longer races to get the most out if setups (75-90)?
1. There’s some aspects of this package that I love and some that I hate. I love that it’s made pack racing become a thing for anything that isn’t a super Speedway but I hate that this package doesn’t allow a leader to pull away.

2. I ran in PRL with my team back in the 12 hours of Daytona, even though I wasn’t the fastest I enjoyed my time racing and working with my team here. I joined the cup series after a league that I had ran in for a couple of years decided to close.

3. As much as open sets would be a great idea, I don’t believe with the current package there is much of a difference between fixed and opened.
0 x

User avatar
Hootius
Manager
United States of America
Posts: 2730
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:46 pm
Full Name: Charles Sumner
Location: USA, Florida, Tampa
Main Platform: PC

Re: Race 1: Michigan International Speedway (16 June)

Post by Hootius » Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:47 pm

Just an update, 4 drivers have gave notice that they can not make it tonight. Those spots will go to Collin Carroll, Robert McFarland, Demaris Hickinbottom, and Zach Daniels. Those 4 drivers may enter the race session whenever they are available.

Everyone else on the wait list, please join Discord and wait until and organizer let's you know when a spot is available.
0 x
iRacing Oval Manager & PRL Chief Oval Steward
Career PRL Stats
15 Wins - 87 Top-5's - 11 Poles - 8 Fastest Laps
Project Cars GT3 Drivers Champion
5-Time PRL Team Champion

Twitch.tv/OldManHoot
Twitter.com/Hootius

JR_Smith33
Rookie Member
United States of America
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:22 pm
Full Name: Justin Smith
Location: Houston, Texas
Main Platform: PC

Re: Race 1: Michigan International Speedway (16 June)

Post by JR_Smith33 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:07 pm

1. This is our first season in the Cup cars. Do you like this package or last years package better?
Last years, this package gets redundant if there is alot of restarts.

2. What is the main reason you joined the league, the Cup cars specifically or the broadcasting without a fee?
I like the look of the mustang.

3. If there was an open set up league, would you want 45-50 min races still or would you like to see longer races to get the most out if setups (75-90)?
Id like longer races.
0 x

User avatar
XSYSE
Elite Member
United States of America
Posts: 247
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:57 pm
Full Name: Rob Besaw
Location: USA, New York, Lyon Mountain
Main Platform: PS4

Re: Race 1: Michigan International Speedway (16 June)

Post by XSYSE » Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:48 am

Saw some good action up front on the broadcast for the times we did have little green flag runs. Didn't really see anything too crazy, just need to iron some things out wasnt a bad run for 43 cars on that track. Most word about lobbies there this week has been the same, you can go wide open early but may need to chase the car a little up the track, not easy to do 3 or 4 wide. Little more patience and we can get the room to run harder. Wrecks happen, its racing I got caught up first 6 races last season just keep working and if need be let the Steward's make aware so they can tighten it up.
0 x
Career PRL STATS
PC2: Wins- 3. Pole-4 Podium-10 Points- 2nd
IRacing: Wins-1. Pole-3 Podium-5 Points-4th
Fastest Lap-1

Robert Besaw JR

AWD_Racing

Re: Race 1: Michigan International Speedway (16 June)

Post by AWD_Racing » Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:53 am

So pissed at myself for pitting with leaders, should have stayed out in 1st. First race stupidness haha 🤮

Edit: Though I bet everyone that pitted before the chetley wreck including him gave their self a good *** kicking. 😂

Gotta get to practicing for next week, never ran Sonoma. 
0 x

Mitchell Clark
Premium Member
United States of America
Posts: 29
Joined: Thu May 16, 2019 9:58 am
Full Name: Mitchell Clark
Location: USA, TN, Knoxville
Main Platform: PC

Re: Race 1: Michigan International Speedway (16 June)

Post by Mitchell Clark » Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:57 am

XSYSE wrote: Saw some good action up front on the broadcast for the times we did have little green flag runs.  Didn't really see anything too crazy, just need to iron some things out wasnt a bad run for 43 cars on that track.  Most word about lobbies there this week has been the same, you can go wide open early but may need to chase the car a little up the track, not easy to do 3 or 4 wide.  Little more patience and we can get the room to run harder.  Wrecks happen, its racing I got caught up first 6 races last season just keep working and if need be let the Steward's make aware so they can tighten it up.
My biggest issue was with the incident limit. I got disqualified because I was playing it safe and running at the back. The off track points and such added up and I got the DQ in a car without a scratch on it. I would’ve been in the top 10 at the end of the race but instead I finished 27th. Maybe we need to bump that up from 13 to 17 if people are going to be driving that out of control. 
0 x

AWD_Racing

Re: Race 1: Michigan International Speedway (16 June)

Post by AWD_Racing » Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:14 am

Mitchell Clark wrote:
XSYSE wrote: Saw some good action up front on the broadcast for the times we did have little green flag runs.  Didn't really see anything too crazy, just need to iron some things out wasnt a bad run for 43 cars on that track.  Most word about lobbies there this week has been the same, you can go wide open early but may need to chase the car a little up the track, not easy to do 3 or 4 wide.  Little more patience and we can get the room to run harder.  Wrecks happen, its racing I got caught up first 6 races last season just keep working and if need be let the Steward's make aware so they can tighten it up.
My biggest issue was with the incident limit. I got disqualified because I was playing it safe and running at the back. The off track points and such added up and I got the DQ in a car without a scratch on it. I would’ve been in the top 10 at the end of the race but instead I finished 27th. Maybe we need to bump that up from 13 to 17 if people are going to be driving that out of control. 
Would be nice if non fault incident points could be erased, I understand the no fault system for the online racing, but it really doesn't work in this format. I should have ended with 0 incident points as I did not touch a wall, lose control, or cause a wreck. My involvement in a wreck due to cars bouncing down track directly in front shouldn't penalize my safety rating, same for you. To be honest the mods of the series should think about reviewing every wreck and only consider giving incident points to people at fault when it comes to the league incident point bonuses. 
0 x

ahunter27t
Veteran Member
United States of America
Posts: 161
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:06 pm
Full Name: Austin Hunter
Location: Tomball,Texas
Main Platform: PC

Re: Race 1: Michigan International Speedway (16 June)

Post by ahunter27t » Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:27 am

AWD_Racing wrote:
Mitchell Clark wrote:
XSYSE wrote: Saw some good action up front on the broadcast for the times we did have little green flag runs.  Didn't really see anything too crazy, just need to iron some things out wasnt a bad run for 43 cars on that track.  Most word about lobbies there this week has been the same, you can go wide open early but may need to chase the car a little up the track, not easy to do 3 or 4 wide.  Little more patience and we can get the room to run harder.  Wrecks happen, its racing I got caught up first 6 races last season just keep working and if need be let the Steward's make aware so they can tighten it up.
My biggest issue was with the incident limit. I got disqualified because I was playing it safe and running at the back. The off track points and such added up and I got the DQ in a car without a scratch on it. I would’ve been in the top 10 at the end of the race but instead I finished 27th. Maybe we need to bump that up from 13 to 17 if people are going to be driving that out of control. 
Would be nice if non fault incident points could be erased, I understand the no fault system for the online racing, but it really doesn't work in this format. I should have ended with 0 incident points as I did not touch a wall, lose control, or cause a wreck. My involvement in a wreck due to cars bouncing down track directly in front shouldn't penalize my safety rating, same for you. To be honest the mods of the series should think about reviewing every wreck and only consider giving incident points to people at fault when it comes to the league incident point bonuses. 
i believe the crew will be reviewing every wreck this season weather  there is a protest or not. Charles does a great job with handling incidents. That being said, there will rarely be any changes to the actual incident points received from iracing. 
Last edited by ahunter27t on Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Washed up Kart racer from Texas. i beat John Labaff in a race once or twice.
Rode my teammates back for multiple PRL team championships in Base and Truck.
Season 3,4, and 7 Wednesday Night Truck League Team Champion!
Back marker for Rescue-Racing.com

User avatar
Hootius
Manager
United States of America
Posts: 2730
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:46 pm
Full Name: Charles Sumner
Location: USA, Florida, Tampa
Main Platform: PC

Re: Race 1: Michigan International Speedway (16 June)

Post by Hootius » Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:40 am

I have a big post I'm whipping up for later on my lunch break, but I will address the incident points cap real quick. There is no easy solution with it.

In the past, we actually had a significant penalty if you accumulated so many points in a season (40/ and again for 60). That was removed due to the points brought up, it was too easy to hit that mark for doing nothing wrong and just being unlucky.

But why do we still have the race limit? The easy answer is it help try keep people in check. Especially with these cars. Aggressive bump drafting or bumping on a restart will give a 4x. The limit is there to help reduce that number of aggresive bumps and in theory help reduce cautions based on contact (which really was 2 of our 7 cautions last night). Also the limit is there to also help make people get into the check up mind set so they won't risk a 4x even if the risk of damage is minimal. That does not mean that we can't find a better solution, none of are rules are fully set in stone. But for the mean time, the incident cap (which does vary based on style of track) will stay in place until more observing can be done and we dont kneejerk any rules based on one race.

Again I'll go into more detail of my thoughs later when I have time, but I urge everyone to remember this point: that was our first race with 40 cars. 25 of the 40 are new to this league and trust and confidence in each other takes time to build. Even with our established league vets for Sunday, this is a brand new car for all of us and it's going to take dedication from everyone to get the proper practice in and not take the car's reduction in horsepower for granted because as we saw, that does not mean guaranteed handling. I'll post again in a bit.
2 x
iRacing Oval Manager & PRL Chief Oval Steward
Career PRL Stats
15 Wins - 87 Top-5's - 11 Poles - 8 Fastest Laps
Project Cars GT3 Drivers Champion
5-Time PRL Team Champion

Twitch.tv/OldManHoot
Twitter.com/Hootius

AWD_Racing

Re: Race 1: Michigan International Speedway (16 June)

Post by AWD_Racing » Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:50 am

ahunter27t wrote:
AWD_Racing wrote:
Mitchell Clark wrote:
My biggest issue was with the incident limit. I got disqualified because I was playing it safe and running at the back. The off track points and such added up and I got the DQ in a car without a scratch on it. I would’ve been in the top 10 at the end of the race but instead I finished 27th. Maybe we need to bump that up from 13 to 17 if people are going to be driving that out of control. 
Would be nice if non fault incident points could be erased, I understand the no fault system for the online racing, but it really doesn't work in this format. I should have ended with 0 incident points as I did not touch a wall, lose control, or cause a wreck. My involvement in a wreck due to cars bouncing down track directly in front shouldn't penalize my safety rating, same for you. To be honest the mods of the series should think about reviewing every wreck and only consider giving incident points to people at fault when it comes to the league incident point bonuses. 
i believe the crew will be reviewing every wreck this season weather  there is a protest or not. Charles does a great job with handling incidents. That being said, there will never be any changes to the actual incident points received from iracing. 
Yeah i know there isn't a way around that, I was just meaning for the season point bonuses should be based on reviewed points not iRacing points. There was a lot of people who received way more than 3 points who raced more clean and less aggressive than a couple who got lucky and received less but were much more aggressive and unpredictable. That's not bonus points for safety its bonus points for luck. Especially with how these cars run on the ovals. 
0 x

User avatar
Hootius
Manager
United States of America
Posts: 2730
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:46 pm
Full Name: Charles Sumner
Location: USA, Florida, Tampa
Main Platform: PC

Re: Race 1: Michigan International Speedway (16 June)

Post by Hootius » Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:51 am

Also just to clear up, the incident points accumulated during the race is also something completely different than the Stewarding process and the caution reviews.

League races do not count towards and iRating or Safety rating. As of this moment, there is no PRL safety rating as well that takes incident points into account. You will see that there is an incident counter on the Results Spreadsheet that will be out later today, but that is more for observervation more so than anything officially tracked for penalty purposes.
0 x
iRacing Oval Manager & PRL Chief Oval Steward
Career PRL Stats
15 Wins - 87 Top-5's - 11 Poles - 8 Fastest Laps
Project Cars GT3 Drivers Champion
5-Time PRL Team Champion

Twitch.tv/OldManHoot
Twitter.com/Hootius

Mitchell Clark
Premium Member
United States of America
Posts: 29
Joined: Thu May 16, 2019 9:58 am
Full Name: Mitchell Clark
Location: USA, TN, Knoxville
Main Platform: PC

Re: Race 1: Michigan International Speedway (16 June)

Post by Mitchell Clark » Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:54 am

I’m just highly frustrated that I ran smart and clean the whole race and I get punished for it because of the constant wreck fest in front of me. It’s part of it, it’s a racing deal, I get all that. I just hope people decide to race with some respect and Intelligence going forward.
0 x

User avatar
Hootius
Manager
United States of America
Posts: 2730
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:46 pm
Full Name: Charles Sumner
Location: USA, Florida, Tampa
Main Platform: PC

Re: Race 1: Michigan International Speedway (16 June)

Post by Hootius » Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:08 am

And to your point, that's why the bonus point is only 1 for that category and not a bigger bonus. Yes luck has a part to play in it, but wreck avoidance is also a skill that can be built up to a certain extent. Again, I'm preaching patience to everyone. I knew this first race was gonna be a bump in the road. If anyone thought it was going to be smooth, then they dont understand the situation we are in with it for all intents and purposes, being an organized official race under the PRL banner because so many people have not shared the track together before.

We never claimed to be a pro league. We did not have "prove your way in races" (that is already in discussion for next season to be honest with you all) because we also did not imagine 50+ sign ups. This is where we all need to be open minded, calm and collected about our thoughts, and all work as a group to make this league the best it can be. We always welcome constructive convos and ideas because we can always improve and no league is perfect. I would just keep in mind that the rules we have in place have shown success with the league in the past, and we will not kneejerk new rules in place based on one race. As the manager and steward, I tend to put the focus on the drivers first and make sure we have the right people in the league and help coach where I feel it is necessary.

We had a similar issue with the trucks last season. It took a few races, a driver ban and another suspended, people got acclimated with the vehicles and with each other, and the final half of the season was a complete success (including a caution free race that was the highlight of our season with a last lap pass for the win as well). I have confidence Sunday will be too now that everyone has seen the reality of our situation and how easy it is for a race to get out of hand, so we all will work harder as a collective group to make it better.
0 x
iRacing Oval Manager & PRL Chief Oval Steward
Career PRL Stats
15 Wins - 87 Top-5's - 11 Poles - 8 Fastest Laps
Project Cars GT3 Drivers Champion
5-Time PRL Team Champion

Twitch.tv/OldManHoot
Twitter.com/Hootius

Post Reply

Return to “NASCAR Cup Series [S13] - Sponsored by North Star Title & ETC (Established Traffic Control)”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users