2020/S2 iRacing Championships Signups Are Up!!
[br]
Get a priority seat by becoming a Premium Member!! Click here for more details!
[br]

Round 3: Autodromo Nazionale Monza - Grand Prix (04 Apr)

**Broadcasted** | THURSDAY | Practice @ 6pm | Qualifying @ 9pm | Race @ 9:15pm (EST)
Season start on March 21st and end on May 23rd
TRG
Manager
Canada
Full Name: Tyler Gore
Main Platform: PC

Re: Round 3: Autodromo Nazionale Monza - Grand Prix (04 Apr)

Post by TRG » Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:17 am

MattMiles44 wrote: Need to thank Matt and Andrew for getting me to the grid! You guys rock, huge respect for this league. :mrgreen:

Lots of spinning and I apologize to Owen and Tyler for almost collecting them. I especially apologize to Dave for what happened in Variante del Rettifilo.
Almost doesn't require an apology! All good. You had pace on me so it was fun battling.
0 x
PRL iRacing Manager & Chief Road Steward

Kenny Duval
Premium Member
United States of America
Full Name: Kenny Duval

Post by Kenny Duval » Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:16 am

Congrats on your win Gritz-N-Gravy. Well done.
1 x

TheGreatC81
Organiser
United States of America
Full Name: David Cristelli

Post by TheGreatC81 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:52 pm

I had a decent race but totally screwed the pooch when I pulled out in front of Rem. No excuses, just a poor decision born out of excitement. I looped it and thought I had more time to re-enter before he caught me. Next time I will definitely wait. Not the kind of impression I wanted to make in my first race. AND, I don't remember who it was but I think I unintentionally squeezed someone onto the grass coming out of Parabolica. We ended up 3 wide and I was watching the guy on my outside worried I'd understeer into him. I finally got the car turning but then looked to the right and saw I was running that driver out of room. There wasn't any contact and I tried to duck back left to give him space, but he ended up catching the grass and losing it. So apologies to both those guys. I'll be working on my situational awareness for next week.

Otherwise, I had a great time. I really like the Radical, and it's good to be back racing with PRL.
3 x

CajunGrit
Social Medias Manager
United States of America
Full Name: David Hebert

Post by CajunGrit » Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:02 pm

Looks like i owe Dan Barnett a big apology for ending his race on the first lap. I was prepared to come to a complete stop when i saw the traffic jam, but got distracted when i saw my team mate flying through the air. By the time i realized i was still rolling it was too late. I looked up just in time to see my front end smash into that cool psychedelic paint job. I got a 0x for the contact but when i watched the replay i saw that it was the end of your race. I fully take the blame on that one.
0 x

TRG
Manager
Canada
Full Name: Tyler Gore

Post by TRG » Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:14 pm

We should set up a fee schedule or an "I'm sorry" PayPal account for crashing. Proceeds go to PRL with a small iracing credit donation to the safest driver, or the guy who got wrecked the most.

Kind of like a swear jar...  :lol:
3 x
PRL iRacing Manager & Chief Road Steward

TheGreatC81
Organiser
United States of America
Full Name: David Cristelli

Post by TheGreatC81 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:51 pm

TRG wrote: We should set up a fee schedule or an "I'm sorry" PayPal account for crashing. Proceeds go to PRL with a small iracing credit donation to the safest driver, or the guy who got wrecked the most.

Kind of like a swear jar...  :lol:
I like that. I feel like I at least owe those guys a beer, so $5 for taking someone out of the race sounds about right. 
0 x

bonaduce
Premium Member
United States of America
Full Name: Dan Barnett

Post by bonaduce » Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:57 pm

CajunGrit wrote: Looks like i owe Dan Barnett a big apology for ending his race on the first lap. I was prepared to come to a complete stop when i saw the traffic jam, but got distracted when i saw my team mate flying through the air. By the time i realized i was still rolling it was too late.  I looked up just in time to see my front end smash into that cool psychedelic paint job. I got a 0x for the contact but when i watched the replay i saw that it was the end of your race.  I fully take the blame on that one.
Cajun, thank you but that didn't end my race, I also had a 0x out of that, no idea how.  What got me was as I was exiting turn 5, some one else t-boned me in the right front and again destroyed the suspension making the car unsteerable.  So by the time I took the tow, and the 27 minutes of required, 6 minutes of optional repairs, I would have re-entered the race with about 5 minutes to go.  But after a good nights sleep, a decent day at work, a nice glass of Mr. Walker in my hand to be followed by a beer, all is right in the world again.  I also have a new strategy to try next week, at the start I am just going to veer right and take out my own suspension. :lol: 

dan
3 x

Mark Phile
Organiser
United States of America
Full Name: Mark Phile

Post by Mark Phile » Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:05 pm

TheGreatC81 wrote: I had a decent race but totally screwed the pooch when I pulled out in front of Rem. No excuses, just a poor decision born out of excitement. I looped it and thought I had more time to re-enter before he caught me. Next time I will definitely wait. Not the kind of impression I wanted to make in my first race. AND, I don't remember who it was but I think I unintentionally squeezed someone onto the grass coming out of Parabolica. We ended up 3 wide and I was watching the guy on my outside worried I'd understeer into him. I finally got the car turning but then looked to the right and saw I was running that driver out of room. There wasn't any contact and I tried to duck back left to give him space, but he ended up catching the grass and losing it. So apologies to both those guys. I'll be working on my situational awareness for next week.

Otherwise, I had a great time. I really like the Radical, and it's good to be back racing with PRL.
I was the guy cutting grass :mrgreen:  and then Tyler got the surprise of his night when he had no time to react  and launched me to outer space  :lol:. Im still in shock how good your car looked!  It’s all good and im moving on to next week. I will say an apology goes a long way with this group, so realizing your mistakes and owning them is a good step. Im sure you will have it all together next week.
3 x
Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers...

Rem Ambruosi
Premium Member
Australia
Full Name: Remo Ambruosi

Post by Rem Ambruosi » Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:16 pm

The apology write ups are a good thing, its frustrating for the guys that did get totalled from these drivers, but an apology goes a long way, and ends any bad vibes that occurred, and that's the way it should be. :)
3 x

Return to “Radical Racing Series [S14] - Sponsored by Dream Vacations”