NEW IRACING CHAMPIONSHIPS SIGNUPS ARE UP!

Round 4: Nürburgring Grand-Prix-Strecke - Grand Prix (11 Apr)

**Broadcasted** | THURSDAY | Practice @ 6pm | Qualifying @ 9pm | Race @ 9:15pm (EST)
Season start on March 21st and end on May 23rd
Locked
TheGreatC81
Organiser
United States of America
Posts: 199
Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:53 am
Full Name: David Cristelli
Location: USA, CT, Enfield
Main Platform: PC

Re: Round 4: Nürburgring Grand-Prix-Strecke - Grand Prix (11 Apr)

Post by TheGreatC81 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:16 pm

Great race, gents. How you guys find another 2+ seconds baffles me. Well done.
0 x

mclachlanol
Organiser
United States of America
Posts: 340
Joined: Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:13 pm
Full Name: Owen McLachlan
Location: USA, CA, San Diego
Main Platform: PC

Re: Round 4: Nürburgring Grand-Prix-Strecke - Grand Prix (11 Apr)

Post by mclachlanol » Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:27 pm

Crap race for me, sorry everyone especially Julian, Chris, and Rem!

I have officially picked up the Danny Disease. I tell everyone to take it easy and I'm the first one to loose it!
1 x

User avatar
TRG
Manager
Canada
Posts: 1729
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:22 am
Full Name: Tyler Gore
Location: Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
Main Platform: PC

Re: Round 4: Nürburgring Grand-Prix-Strecke - Grand Prix (11 Apr)

Post by TRG » Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:01 am

His English is better than yours too  :shock: :lol:

Sorry Owen. I know you're just in shock with both BTR cars laying the boots to C4C today. 
1 x
PRL iRacing Manager & Chief Road Steward

Image

eshhh
Veteran Member
United States of America
Posts: 109
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:42 pm
Full Name: Eric Harman
Location: NY
Main Platform: PC

Re: Round 4: Nürburgring Grand-Prix-Strecke - Grand Prix (11 Apr)

Post by eshhh » Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:54 am

No longer just a bride's maid, Erik. Congrats!

This track is brutal. I had cramps in half of my toes on my throttle stomping foot about 20 minutes into practice that was too much to take after pitting. Royally eff'd up my pit stop as well; hit limiter too early and lost at least 7 seconds there and then missed my stall completely and had to put it in reverse. Only concern was please don't be broadcasting this ish show lol...

Traffic was big concern here which I didn't expect. Not much time for decision making or changing one's mind in the fast corners. Might need to consider getting a button box to start binding text of my intentions or to confirm what others are saying. Lots of mixups.
0 x

Mark Phile
Organiser
United States of America
Posts: 233
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:44 pm
Full Name: Mark Phile
Location: USA, PA, Reading
Main Platform: PC

Re: Round 4: Nürburgring Grand-Prix-Strecke - Grand Prix (11 Apr)

Post by Mark Phile » Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:16 am

mclachlanol wrote: Crap race for me, sorry everyone especially Julian, Chris, and Rem!

I have officially picked up the Danny Disease. I tell everyone to take it easy and I'm the first one to loose it!
I may have pooped a little, because i seen your car coming in hot, then poof it was gone  :shock: , great save keeping it off the wall, and great job allowing traffic to clear before coming back on track. Thats a great example of how to do it properly!


Congrats Luke on the first PRL win! And congrats to the rest of the podium as well! Mr Unger I felt I could have had ya with another lap maybe, but i assume it was because you had some damage, great job holding onto 3rd at the end there! Grit i have no clue how you destroyed me out of the pits like ya did? Im pretty sure i had you by 4 seconds, and then all the sudden i see you coming out in front of me exiting pit road  :?:, great job. 
Last edited by Mark Phile on Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers...

Mark Phile
Organiser
United States of America
Posts: 233
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:44 pm
Full Name: Mark Phile
Location: USA, PA, Reading
Main Platform: PC

Re: Round 4: Nürburgring Grand-Prix-Strecke - Grand Prix (11 Apr)

Post by Mark Phile » Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:20 am

eshhh wrote: No longer just a bride's maid, Erik. Congrats!

This track is brutal. I had cramps in half of my toes on my throttle stomping foot about 20 minutes into practice that was too much to take after pitting. Royally eff'd up my pit stop as well; hit limiter too early and lost at least 7 seconds there and then missed my stall completely and had to put it in reverse. Only concern was please don't be broadcasting this ish show lol...

Traffic was big concern here which I didn't expect. Not much time for decision making or changing one's mind in the fast corners. Might need to consider getting a button box to start binding text of my intentions or to confirm what others are saying. Lots of mixups.
I enjoyed our run together, i have no fears with you around me, your driving style is nice and smooth and your getting faster and i can barely hang on, so slow down  :mrgreen:. Mr Luke is the guy to talk to about a Button Box, i love my box he made for me, life saver!

Luke sell him one that has some drag on his brakes please  :lol:
1 x
Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers...

User avatar
bonaduce
Premium Member
United States of America
Posts: 241
Joined: Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:24 pm
Full Name: Dan Barnett
Location: USA
Main Platform: PC

Re: Round 4: Nürburgring Grand-Prix-Strecke - Grand Prix (11 Apr)

Post by bonaduce » Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:24 am

Good race guys, apologies again to Micheal for sliding right through his turn in on corner 1.  I watched the replay this morning, it looked interesting to say the least.  Question though, was I the only one who lost the ability to turn right, I was having to downshift into 1st on several corners to get the car to rotate after the first half, and what the hell did most of you have your brake settings at, apparently 56 was not enough as brake fade was horrendous on my setup.  Congrats Eric, I had popped a bottle of seltzer for you this morning at work.

dan
0 x

CajunGrit
Social Medias Manager
United States of America
Posts: 374
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:25 pm
Full Name: David Hebert
Location: USA, LA, Lafayette
Main Platform: PC

Re: Round 4: Nürburgring Grand-Prix-Strecke - Grand Prix (11 Apr)

Post by CajunGrit » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:21 am

I call this one “Oh ******, there’s Ron again!”
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2 x

eshhh
Veteran Member
United States of America
Posts: 109
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:42 pm
Full Name: Eric Harman
Location: NY
Main Platform: PC

Re: Round 4: Nürburgring Grand-Prix-Strecke - Grand Prix (11 Apr)

Post by eshhh » Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:17 am

Mark Phile wrote:
eshhh wrote: No longer just a bride's maid, Erik. Congrats!

This track is brutal. I had cramps in half of my toes on my throttle stomping foot about 20 minutes into practice that was too much to take after pitting. Royally eff'd up my pit stop as well; hit limiter too early and lost at least 7 seconds there and then missed my stall completely and had to put it in reverse. Only concern was please don't be broadcasting this ish show lol...

Traffic was big concern here which I didn't expect. Not much time for decision making or changing one's mind in the fast corners. Might need to consider getting a button box to start binding text of my intentions or to confirm what others are saying. Lots of mixups.
I enjoyed our run together, i have no fears with you around me, your driving style is nice and smooth and your getting faster and i can barely hang on, so slow down  :mrgreen:. Mr Luke is the guy to talk to about a Button Box, i love my box he made for me, life saver!

Luke sell him one that has some drag on his brakes please  :lol:
Hey thanks but it really only is on a couple tracks that I would be okay with being considered quick. I have hours and hours of laps on this week's track from Gran Turismo series combined with the Radical being the only car I've driven on iRacing service for last 8-10 months. I was excited qualifying where I did cause I thought it would mean we would have a tight battle up front with a larger pack than normal but I just couldn't stay consistent enough to stay in Overbay's draft early on.

After my horrendous pit I still couldn't figure out how you and Gritsko were so far ahead and was convinced you were just toying with me the whole time behind just to overtake during stops lol. Okay, NOW he's gonna pit, right?? Right?!!  The seconds just kept piling on. He's not going to pit on the last lap is he???!!
1 x

User avatar
DeamingPie
Organiser
United States of America
Posts: 534
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:19 pm
Full Name: Erik Captain DNF Luke
Location: Florida
Main Platform: PC

Re: Round 4: Nürburgring Grand-Prix-Strecke - Grand Prix (11 Apr)

Post by DeamingPie » Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:35 am

Thank you gents! It feels good to get the monkey off my back.

I felt gutted for Unger, not the way I wanted to take the win. I also felt bad for the lapped traffic when I came through as it looked like they were having a good battle for position. I didn't have an opportunity to check the relative to see who they were but I appreciate the courtesy in letting me by at the expense of your battle.
2 x
2019 stats - 48 race starts, 46 DNFs

"You've been racing with your foot on the brake? What are you, a Florida F*&^ing blue hair?" - Wife

Looking for a button box?
https://www.facebook.com/apexbuttonbox/

Locked

Return to “Radical Racing Series [S14] - Sponsored by Dream Vacations”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users