NEW IRACING CHAMPIONSHIPS SIGNUPS ARE UP!
Give yourself a priority seat by subscribing to a Premium membership!

Round 6: Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps - Grand Prix Pits (25 Apr)

**Broadcasted** | THURSDAY | Practice @ 6pm | Qualifying @ 9pm | Race @ 9:15pm (EST)
Season start on March 21st and end on May 23rd
Gunner
Organiser
Canada
Full Name: Matthew Gunderson
Main Platform: PC

Re: Round 6: Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps - Grand Prix Pits (25 Apr)

Post by Gunner » Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:45 pm

TRG wrote:
Mark Phile wrote:
Gunner wrote: Mark, I owe you a HUGE apology.  I simply made a mistake, had no intention of making a move or anything for the first lap.  It crushes me that it ended your race.  I am so sorry man.
Hey man it happens, and the apology goes a long way with me :mrgreen:. I remember i did the same thing to Danny in a skippy race way back when, its a crappy feeling, but we are all good buddy! Good job bringing it home!
I like this guy. ^^ We need more dudes like you man.
I apparently like him a LOT, and wanted to get REAL close to him in a hurry  
1 x
Voted best organizer by myself.

TRG
Manager
Canada
Full Name: Tyler Gore

Post by TRG » Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:50 pm

Yeah. Based on what I know, you probably saw the lady with the curves and got real excited. Next time, buy her dinner first!
1 x
PRL iRacing Manager & Chief Road Steward

Mark Phile
Organiser
United States of America
Full Name: Mark Phile

Post by Mark Phile » Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:55 pm

TRG wrote: Yeah. Based on what I know, you probably saw the lady with the curves and got real excited. Next time, buy her dinner first!
He was completely fixed in on the fat trucker mud flap guy logo :lol:
0 x
Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers...

mclachlanol
Organiser
United States of America
Full Name: Owen McLachlan

Post by mclachlanol » Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:58 pm

That was some intense racing! We had 7 guys in a group with a mix of low DF and medium DF sets and it was 15 minutes of panic, terror, and pure excitement!
2 x

DeamingPie
Organiser
United States of America
Full Name: Erik Captain DNF Luke

Post by DeamingPie » Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:19 am

Gritsko, Paul, I am so very sorry.

As I turned in to turn 9, the rear started stepping out. It caught traction again and sent me into the wall. I knew the gap and knew I had time so I pulled back out. It was then I realized I had wheel damage, and as I accelerated the car just snapped to the right. It was at that time you guys came off the apex and we met.

I am relieved that it did not ruin your race. Congrats on a well fought, well deserved podium.
2 x
2019 stats - 48 race starts, 46 DNFs

"You've been racing with your foot on the brake? What are you, a Florida F*&^ing blue hair?" - Wife

Looking for a button box?
https://www.facebook.com/apexbuttonbox/

paulwildridge
Premium Member
United States of America
Full Name: Paul Wildridge

Post by paulwildridge » Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:27 am

I write this during my mid sleep poo...

Erik no biggie man. It happens. It doesnt really bother me as where I finished was the best finish I could have had if you did not have your incident. Even if you did cost me anything, which you didnt, it still is cool. I had a lot of fun this race and with being out of any points battle my finish position wasnt super important.

Boys that was a lot of fun after the pits lol. Sorry for any blinking on my part and tha ks for the hard respectful racing!
0 x
"I wipe my own ***"

eshhh
Veteran Member
United States of America
Full Name: Eric Harman

Post by eshhh » Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:45 am

Gonna be honest, that was a pretty crappy race. Half the field could have benefited from alot more downforce. Was everyone setup for the draft and passing on Kemmel? No dive planes for some is...baffling.
0 x

bonaduce
Premium Member
United States of America
Full Name: Dan Barnett

Post by bonaduce » Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:51 am

Well, my own worst enemy made a triumphant return last night.  Spin, followed by hurried driving leads to spin, enter pit to refuel and Crew Chief must not have heard me and I have to leave the pits to do another lap before I could refuel again.  Congrats to the podium boys, watched the replay this morning there were some great battles out there.
dan
0 x

crich88848
Premium Member
United States of America
Full Name: Christopher Richards

Post by crich88848 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:52 am

I don't know, I think that was some of the best action we've had in the radical. Most fun I think I've had in the radical even though I was squeezing my cheeks the whole time.
0 x

eshhh
Veteran Member
United States of America

Post by eshhh » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:13 am

crich88848 wrote: I don't know, I think that was some of the best action we've had in the radical. Most fun I think I've had in the radical even though I was squeezing my cheeks the whole time.
Lots of spins, cars were all damaged. It was even brought up (incorrectly however as I did not make contact with anyone as far as I could tell) during the broadcast, the damage. Corners overshot, braking zones missed and the passing/battles that resulted in making everyone slower until we got to a long-ish straight. I don't think anyone was blocking intentionally but why bother passing on Kemmel if it's just going to hold the whole pack up and separate you from those in front for nearly a complete lap? I'll have to watch replay but I was checked up in multiple corners, almost taking you out in No-name and making myself spin there. Wasn't enjoyable race in the slightest where I was sitting.
0 x

TRG
Manager
Canada

Post by TRG » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:16 am

eshhh wrote: Gonna be honest, that was a pretty crappy race. Half the field could have benefited from alot more downforce. Was everyone setup for the draft and passing on Kemmel? No dive planes for some is...baffling.
Baffling? Why? I would have said running them is plane silly.

Seriously though, this is the beauty of spa. Different setup strategies makes for very interesting racing!
0 x

crich88848
Premium Member
United States of America

Post by crich88848 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:47 am

I understand your frustrations, I wasn't able to take the corners as quick as you were, and you had to check up. In race I didn't get any incident points but the broadcast it does look like you got into my rear. If we look at it from an overall perspective though I think the racing was good, and we had less retires this race than last. Any many more battles. It was crazy, but this is the most fun I've had in the radical. Owen, Dave, Andrew and me had some really good battles. Then Spicer and me going at it the last two laps. Thought he was going to take on the front straight but was able to stay right and out brake him into the corner.
0 x

TheGreatC81
Organiser
United States of America
Full Name: David Cristelli

Post by TheGreatC81 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:16 am

Congrats to the podium. Sounds like it was a fun race. I'll watch the broadcast later today. Apologies for my no-show.

I had a connector pin break off my Formula rim and get stuck in my wheel base. (YAY, Fanatec!) I wasn't able to get the pin out without taking the wheelbase apart, so I couldn't just switch rims. I'm sending both the rim and the base back to them. I've broken 3 pins now, so I'm pretty sure the problem is with the wheelbase somehow. Maybe something with the connector socket because there's no play in the QR. Anyway, I spoke to Fanatec and they will repair both under warranty and pay for the shipping. Of course, that still leaves me with no wheel for a few weeks. Kind of wish I kept my G29 as a backup now. 

I'm not enjoying the idea of being sidelined for a few weeks. I even thought about biting the bullet and doing an early upgrade to a DD1 or DD2, but I don't think I'd get that any sooner anyway. Then I thought about getting an OSW or Accuforce, but I already have Fanatec rims and stuff so I'd have to buy new ones or conversion kits. Honestly, even with the problems I've had, I do think the DD1 and DD2 are going to be excellent wheelbases. I just hope they put a little more quality assurance into them.

I do hope to be back when my rig is fixed. This is a fun league and I definitely want to keep racing with you guys.
0 x

eshhh
Veteran Member
United States of America

Post by eshhh » Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:49 am

crich88848 wrote: I understand your frustrations, I wasn't able to take the corners as quick as you were, and you had to check up. In race I didn't get any incident points but the broadcast it does look like you got into my rear. If we look at it from an overall perspective though I think the racing was good, and we had less retires this race than last. Any many more battles. It was crazy, but this is the most fun I've had in the radical. Owen, Dave, Andrew and me had some really good battles. Then Spicer and me going at it the last two laps. Thought he was going to take on the front straight but was able to stay right and out brake him into the corner.
Sorry, I didn't mean to whine so hard in that post, but FWIW we didn't make contact. I've attached my laps. Like that double pit? I must have hit fuel to end when grid'ing cause I had no race length or fuel left data in Z1. When I did pit first time my buffer of .79 gallons was all that was added so I had to stop again and manually add it and forgot to clear tires.

Edit: just realized it could have been 0x. I'll shutup and watch the replay later.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
0 x

crich88848
Premium Member
United States of America

Post by crich88848 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:10 am

No worries man, I think a lot of us are tired of the radical in general. It's such a skittish and punishing car.
0 x

mclachlanol
Organiser
United States of America
Full Name: Owen McLachlan

Post by mclachlanol » Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:21 am

Yeah from an attrition point of view this was our best race since running the Radical. Only one car was knocked out completely, everyone else was still running at the end (Bill and I with some repairs).

Last week half the field was gone.
0 x

DeamingPie
Organiser
United States of America
Full Name: Erik Captain DNF Luke

Post by DeamingPie » Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:31 am

paulwildridge wrote: I write this during my mid sleep poo...

Erik no biggie man. It happens. It doesnt really bother me as where I finished was the best finish I could have had if you did not have your incident. Even if you did cost me anything, which you didnt, it still is cool. I had a lot of fun this race and with being out of any points battle my finish position wasnt super important.

Boys that was a lot of fun after the pits lol. Sorry for any blinking on my part and tha ks for the hard respectful racing!
I appreciate that, but it is a big deal to me.  Had it ruined your races I would probably ban myself.   :oops:

I had warning signs the tires were shot, just never in that corner.  I had an incident prior to the race (stupid on my end) that caused me to have to re-calibrate my wheel and pedals.  My braking felt different than before as I didn't need to press as hard on the brakes to get to lock up. I spent most of the race on the edge of tire lock or just a hair over in the brake zones.  I believe this shredded my tires.  

Well done to Gritsko.  It's not easy leading the pack with a couple people breathing down your neck.  Absolutely impressive.  You handled it very, very well and congrats on the finish.  

I know it probably made for a boring broadcast, but from a technical standpoint the strategy paid off.  I spent, and I know Overbay did as well, most of the straight away less than full throttle.  The amount of fuel saved was apparent by how quickly we came out of the pits compared to you and Paul.  It's nice when my plan comes together, sucks when I take that plan, set it on fire, throw llama poo on it, step on it, wrap it up in a burrito and eat it.  

Paul did an amazing job as well. To keep it consistent and clean and fight your way back up to us when we put distance on you during the first half was very impressive.  I kept saying during the race "Paul get your @$$ back up here".  He must have heard me  :mrgreen:
3 x
2019 stats - 48 race starts, 46 DNFs

"You've been racing with your foot on the brake? What are you, a Florida F*&^ing blue hair?" - Wife

Looking for a button box?
https://www.facebook.com/apexbuttonbox/

paulwildridge
Premium Member
United States of America
Full Name: Paul Wildridge

Post by paulwildridge » Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:40 am

Hahaha. It was a lot of fun and I feel like a dummy cuz I was yelling at the broadcast after the race saying they weren't saving fuel lol. And my jaw dropped when you guys pulled out of the pit cuz I could smell your breath on pit road coming to our stalls. Hoping for fun again next race boys.
0 x
"I wipe my own ***"

crich88848
Premium Member
United States of America

Post by crich88848 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:26 pm

Don't worry Erik... Even though I was in the other side of the planet when this occurred I still went ahead and filled a protest, a ban request and gender change procedure for/against you. Enjoy!
1 x

TRG
Manager
Canada

Post by TRG » Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:38 pm

The pneumatic ban hammer is out for service. Free pass this week.
0 x

Return to “Radical Racing Series [S14] - Sponsored by Dream Vacations”