2020/S2 iRacing Championships Signups Are Up!!
[br]
Get a priority seat by becoming a Premium Member!! Click here for more details!
[br]

Round 10: Circuit Gilles Villeneuve (23 May)

**Broadcasted** | THURSDAY | Practice @ 6pm | Qualifying @ 9pm | Race @ 9:15pm (EST)
Season start on March 21st and end on May 23rd
TRG
Manager
Canada
Full Name: Tyler Gore
Main Platform: PC

Round 10: Circuit Gilles Villeneuve (23 May)

Post by TRG » Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:39 pm

Time of day: Morning
Practice: 7:30 AM (in-game time)
Qualifying: 10:30 AM (in-game time)
Race: 11:45 AM (in-game time)
Race Length: 45 minutes
Max Incidents: 24
Max. Fuel: 35%
Start: Standing
Fast Repair: 0

Pre-Race Interview :

1- We come to Canada for our grand finale at Circuit Gilles-Villeneuve! With lots of speed and several braking zones, where do you think is the prime passing opportunity here? 

2- How has your overall experience been this season? Will you miss the radical, or good riddance and bring on a fresh start with a fresh car? 

3-  The iRacing Indy 500 was this weekend, along with qualifying for the real deal. Did you participate? Are you following the real race? 
0 x
PRL iRacing Manager & Chief Road Steward

mclachlanol
Organiser
United States of America
Full Name: Owen McLachlan

Re: Round 10: Circuit Gilles Villeneuve (23 May)

Post by mclachlanol » Mon May 20, 2019 7:29 pm

Doesn't look there is a default set for this week. Attached are a couple. Feel free to modify or add your own  ;)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
0 x

Gunner
Organiser
Canada
Full Name: Matthew Gunderson

Post by Gunner » Mon May 20, 2019 9:20 pm

Sorry for the delay guys, but Pre-Race Interview is up!
0 x
Voted best organizer by myself.

TRG
Manager
Canada
Full Name: Tyler Gore

Post by TRG » Mon May 20, 2019 9:38 pm

Pre-Race Interview :

1- We come to Canada for our grand finale at Circuit Gilles-Villeneuve! With lots of speed and several braking zones, where do you think is the prime passing opportunity here? 

Anywhere and everywhere!

2- How has your overall experience been this season? Will you miss the radical, or good riddance and bring on a fresh start with a fresh car? 

I am looking forward to the F3. The Radical has been fun, and I have enjoyed racing it. It was a challenge at first, but I feel that this season I have come to terms with it and have pumped out my more consistent season yet. 

3-  The iRacing Indy 500 was this weekend, along with qualifying for the real deal. Did you participate? Are you following the real race? 

Nah - I have enough pretend racecars in my life...
0 x
PRL iRacing Manager & Chief Road Steward

TheGreatC81
Organiser
United States of America
Full Name: David Cristelli

Post by TheGreatC81 » Tue May 21, 2019 2:18 pm

1- I think a lot of passes will come at the hairpin, or on the straight after it. But I think most overtakes will be due to spins, or people letting off to catch a spin. I practiced for a while yesterday and wow, the Radical does not like this track. I'm predicting a bit of a shitshow Thursday night.

2- After joining late and missing a few races, I never really settled in. The Radical was a challenge at times, but rewarding too, so it was fun. I'm looking forward to the F3. It's very user-friendly to drive, even if the setup page is a bit overwhelming. With so much grip, it begs to be thrown into corners faster than survival instinct wants to allow. Even when pushed too far, it's not that difficult to correct. If drivers aren't worried about ending their race with the slightest misstep, I think we'll see a lot more intense battles next season.

3- I keep telling myself to check out more Indy racing, but I never get around to it. I'm not big on oval racing, so I'd probably just watch the road courses anyway.
0 x

mclachlanol
Organiser
United States of America

Post by mclachlanol » Tue May 21, 2019 5:52 pm

1. I really like this track, you have to be really precise to get a fast time. If you make a mistake likely you will be in the wall. Passing is tough and dangerous here. Like David said most passing is going to be due to attrition.

2. It was a good season, some ups and downs but that is normal. I'll miss the Radical, it was a fun tough challenge but I'm definitely ready for something new.

3. Didn't drive in it this year, too much other stuff going on. Probably going to miss the real race too.
0 x

DeamingPie
Organiser
United States of America
Full Name: Erik Captain DNF Luke

Post by DeamingPie » Wed May 22, 2019 8:31 am

There's multiple but it will be tricking. Unlike a GTE or GT3 car, there is not a lot of time spent on the brakes, so passing will more than likely happen with a better drive onto one of the straights. On a side note, I would rather race Imola than here, this track is boring as can be.

I am very much disappointed with myself this season. Too many mistake took me out of what could have been a very exciting season finale. I really like the radical and will miss it. It has a nice combination of corner speed and seat of the pants driving that I like.

3- The iRacing Indy 500 was this weekend, along with qualifying for the real deal. Did you participate? Are you following the real race?
No one wants me near an oval, no one...
0 x
2019 stats - 48 race starts, 46 DNFs

"You've been racing with your foot on the brake? What are you, a Florida F*&^ing blue hair?" - Wife

Looking for a button box?
https://www.facebook.com/apexbuttonbox/

CajunGrit
Social Medias Manager
United States of America
Full Name: David Hebert

Post by CajunGrit » Wed May 22, 2019 2:25 pm

Pre-Race Interview :

I won't be passing anyone here so I think it's pretty irrelevant.  If you're looking to pass me I wish you the best of luck, but I'd think the braking zone at the end of the straights would be a pretty safe bet.

I had a pretty weak first half of the season.  I've pulled together a decent second half, but this hasn't been my favorite season so far.  I'll miss practicing in the Radical.  I feel like I've learned a lot from driving the car, but I won't miss trying to race wheel to wheel in this thing.  In that respect it's  been pretty miserable.  But I'm really looking forward to the F3, it's much more my style.

3-  The iRacing Indy 500 was this weekend, along with qualifying for the real deal. Did you participate? Are you following the real race?

No, I didn't give it a go.  I'm trying to follow the real race as much as I can, but we cut cable this past year so I'll mostly be depending on the race recaps on youtube.
0 x

DeamingPie
Organiser
United States of America

Post by DeamingPie » Thu May 23, 2019 8:30 am

This
Track
Sucks

How bad does it suck? It sucks so bad I would rather race Imola. There is something unnatural about pointing the nose of the car at a wall and accelerating. Think about it. You'll do it 5 times a lap here...
1 x

"You've been racing with your foot on the brake? What are you, a Florida F*&^ing blue hair?" - Wife

Gunner
Organiser
Canada
Full Name: Matthew Gunderson

Post by Gunner » Thu May 23, 2019 8:43 am

DeamingPie wrote: This
Track
Sucks

How bad does it suck?  It sucks so bad I would rather race Imola.  There is something unnatural about pointing the nose of the car at a wall and accelerating.  Think about it.  You'll do it 5 times a lap here...
I don't hate the track. Mostly because a long, long time ago I actually beat Owen and won a race here  :lol:
2 x
Voted best organizer by myself.

DeamingPie
Organiser
United States of America

Post by DeamingPie » Thu May 23, 2019 9:10 am

Gunner wrote:
Track
Sucks

How bad does it suck?  It sucks so bad I would rather race Imola.  There is something unnatural about pointing the nose of the car at a wall and accelerating.  Think about it.  You'll do it 5 times a lap here...
I don't hate the track. Mostly because a long, long time ago I actually beat Owen and won a race here  :lol:

I think my animosity for tracks like this is every corner is a slow speed corner.  It's a drag race and it flows about as well as Micheal J Fox pouring a glass of milk...that may be a little overboard...
1 x

Mark Phile
Organiser
United States of America
Full Name: Mark Phile

Post by Mark Phile » Thu May 23, 2019 10:18 am

This is my first start here, just bought track. I like it, and ive been able to have some good laps. Passing will be the drag race out of a corner and hopefully completing the move safely in brake zone.

A)Well my second Radical season is 100% opposite of my first. Last season i had an amazing year with luck and consistency finishing p3. This year i hit everything, spun way to much, accidents found me or I couldn’t avoid trying to drive through some. I didn’t have much time for practice as well and it shows!

B)I will miss the Radical, i enjoy the near death experience it provides, its a true driver! Next the F3 doesn’t get me excited, im not good in a car that is momentum based, but i have a good teammate that will push me and get me up to speed i think.

I didn’t, and if im turning left all night I want fenders  :mrgreen:
0 x
Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers...

Mark Phile
Organiser
United States of America
Full Name: Mark Phile

Post by Mark Phile » Thu May 23, 2019 10:23 am

So during practice last night I realized that my rear camber was maxed out for some reason????? This now explains why my car was absolutely junk come the end of the race, and i e been working off this tune for weeks :lol: . I sure hope that I found my spin problems here on the last week and can get me a strong finish?

PS- if i spin, this was not the answer  :(
0 x
Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers...

DeamingPie
Organiser
United States of America

Post by DeamingPie » Thu May 23, 2019 10:39 am

2 x

mclachlanol
Organiser
United States of America

Post by mclachlanol » Thu May 23, 2019 10:47 am

Gunner wrote:
Track
Sucks

Haha Pro Mazda days! I remember that race!
0 x

paulwildridge
Premium Member
United States of America
Full Name: Paul Wildridge

Post by paulwildridge » Thu May 23, 2019 11:25 am

I love this group!!!

1. Let me learn you how to pass. Hell I will pass you on out in and exit. Last race and no points opportunities for me so I will be respectful but if I see a 1/4 car width I’m going for it!

2. Well starting the season on a nap pretty much sums it up. Pair that with internet issues and there is my season! I will miss the radical but am ready for the f3. Good stepping stone for IndyCar

3. No cuz I am so into the real thing I spend all the time I can at IMS.
0 x
"I wipe my own ***"

bonaduce
Premium Member
United States of America
Full Name: Dan Barnett

Post by bonaduce » Thu May 23, 2019 7:49 pm

apologies for late notice, I will miss tonights race stuck at work doing a last minute inventory.

dan
0 x

mulch
Rookie Member
United States of America
Full Name: Joe Walker

Post by mulch » Thu May 23, 2019 8:24 pm

I got stuck at work longer than I needed to as well I'm trying to get home I think I'm going to miss by just a few minutes, we'll see Good luck to all
0 x

mclachlanol
Organiser
United States of America

Post by mclachlanol » Thu May 23, 2019 10:51 pm

Great Season Guys! Congrats to David for the championship! Hope to see you all next season!
1 x

paulwildridge
Premium Member
United States of America
Full Name: Paul Wildridge

Post by paulwildridge » Fri May 24, 2019 12:27 am

Andy I am so sorry for the wreck! No excuses I should have backed out!
0 x
"I wipe my own ***"

Return to “Radical Racing Series [S14] - Sponsored by Dream Vacations”